1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls master plan?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by crash5179, Jul 1, 2001.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I was listning to the Radio earlier and the said the over and under on wins for the Bulls in Vegas for the comming season would be 16.

With 16 wins the Bulls have an exellent shot at the First pick in the draft. Isn't there a player comming out next year that would fit the Bulls to a tee. Someone named Jason Williams from Duke.

On another note, isn't the player that has been most compared to MJ over the last 3 years going to be a free agent next year. Some guy named Vince Carter? If the Bulls don't get Wacky this off season shouldn't they still have enough money under the cap to make him a top offer?

How does this team look:

Jason Williams (from Duke)
    Ron Mercer or Shandon Anderson or someone
    Vince Carter
    Tyson Chandler
    Eddie Curry

No way Jerry Krause is that slick is there. Someone please tell me that Krause isn't about to snooker us [​IMG]

Holy Crap that line up looks good.

------------------

2. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

This is a ROCKETS website. Why are there so many posts about Chicago? [​IMG]

------------------

3. crash5179

Because this is the NBA forum. This is the appropriate place for such discusions. If I put it in the Rockets furom I get my Pee Pee slaped and loose 500 posts [​IMG]

------------------

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I bet they trade Curry or Chandler and go for Ming. They can pick up a PG easy.

------------------
    "banging Shaq is a whole different expirience"-Pete Babcock
    Behold the power of quotation

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Or better yet keep the high schoolers, imagine a front line of Ming, Curry, Chandler, thats almost 22 feet of human being! And they are all versatile. That would be crazy, throw in VC at the 2G and you have yourself one huge matchup problem of a team.

------------------

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oh and isnt Crawford 6'6!!! If he pans out then thats just not sane.

7'2
    6'11
    7'1
    6'7
    6'6

Ouch.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ziggy (edited July 02, 2001).]

7. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Ming is 7'5" and 1/2

------------------
    "I look kind of dumpy. Look at my butt. And what kind of shoes do they have me wearing? At least they got the chinstrap beard right."
    -Kevin Garnett on the KG bobblehead dolls during KG bobblehead doll night at the Target Center

8. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

The Bulls have a master plan? What on earth gave you that idea?

------------------
    "So, is there still a big rivalry between North Carolina and Duke?" Craig Sager - Proving the only thing bright about him is his shirt.

9. crash5179

Your right [​IMG] what was I thinking? Krause has no idea what he is doing. I hate the Bulls and was just a little worried that Krause may actually have something on the burner.

------------------

10. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Then let me dispel all doubt from your mind.

1) Vince Carter will never be a Bull - nevermind that there's no way he leaves a playoff team for a team that will contend to be one of the worst teams in history - the simple fact that he's compared to Jordan will keep him out of a Bulls uniform, the pressure would be too much.

2) The Chandler trade was stupid. I don't care how you cut it, trading the best PF in the Eastern Conference for an unproven high-schooler w/o a position and Brian Skinner was enormously moronic.

3) This is the same team that drafted Fizer to spite the Magic and Clippers, the same team that still runs the triangle offense, despite having the worst offense in the league and not drafting players that work in the triangle, they drafted Jamal Crawford because he was 6'6" and could do a windmill dunk [​IMG]

4) The Bulls only plan was to tank, and clear cap-space to get Duncan or Hill or T-Mac. They failed miserably, and after getting used by at elast two free agents(Thomas and Jones) to get big contracts from the team of their choice, they've been stumbling and bumbling ever since.

This team needs to lose Jerry Krause - only then will they have a chance in the NBA.

------------------
    "So, is there still a big rivalry between North Carolina and Duke?" Craig Sager - Proving the only thing bright about him is his shirt.

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Assume that the Bulls win 16 games next year (if they're lucky...)

Then how will adding a rookie PG give them such an awesome lineup?

Perhaps Eddie Curry will have a couple of huge seasons and then they'll trade him for the 14th pick in the 2004 draft.

THERE IS NO PLAN!!!

As far as Free Agents go, nobody wants to go to a team that doesn't win many games, so the Bulls end up overpaying for mediocre semi-stars such as Mercer.... clear that cap room Chicago, clear that cap room....

------------------

12. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

What makes you think Williams is coming out next year?

He has said he is staying all four years.

And I think Kobe has been compared to MJ more. [​IMG]

Also, if Carter leaves, I see him going to a good team with more established big men.(ALA Eddie Jones to Miami)

Still possible, but I don't see it as long as Krause is around.

------------------
    The title will come to ClutchCity once again.

13. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

Only reason kobe has drawn more comparisons is because he's in LA and VC is in toronto.

------------------

14. crash5179

Actually vince got more coverage as the Air to MJ a couple of years ago with all the AirVince and AirJordan comparisons.

IMO however Kobe is a much better comparison since like MJ he has an all around game that includes good D.

Vince is not quite sure what deffense in the NBA really means just yet. IMO Vince is a lot more like Dominique Wilkens than MJ.

------------------

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Vince is a lot like a Dominique Wilkens having an off night.

Dominique scored more than Vince does - maybe VC will pick it up and become that sort of scoring freak, but at the moment it's not fair on Dominique to say that Vince is in his league!

(although just re-reading, the comparison was that Vince is a similar player to Domnique - with that I agree!)

------------------

[This message has been edited by DrNuegebauer (edited July 04, 2001).]

16. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Bulls Master Plan:

1) Tank.
    2) Get a high draft pick. If Yao Ming and Jason Williams are available, probably get the #3 pick. If they get the number 1 pick, pick the wrong guy (i.e. Elton Brand over Steve Francis).
    3) Draft a power forward (see Elton Brand, Marcus Fizer, Eddy Curry or Tyson Chandler)
    4) Hype his potential. Tell everyone he is a franchise player.
    5) Trade him. Maybe he wasn't a franchise player.
    6) Clear cap space.
    7) Dreamcast.
    8) Give the marquee free agents a free trip to Chicago. Take them to a White Sox game.
    9) Don't sign them. Tell everyone about next year's free agent crop.
    10) Begin the season.
    11) Prepare early for the draft. Go on 10-20 game losing streaks.
    12) Sell out anyway.
    13) Watch the All-Star game. Make vacation reservations for the summer.
    14) Tell everyone how the Bulls are building for the future.
    15) Blow up the team. "We need to get younger." Rebuild for the nth time in n+1 years.

Did I miss anything?

------------------

17. Cat5

Cat5 Member

For a while there it looked like Yao Ming was going to enter the 2001 draft, Krause didn’t even go scout this guy.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Nothing at all [​IMG]

------------------

19. drpepper

drpepper Member

I think I'm the only one who thinks the Bulls got a better deal than the Clipps. Krause thought Brand had plateaued as a player. I see Chandler as the next Rasheed Wallace w/o the technicals. I think the'll win more games this year. I know thats still not saying much.

------------------

20. Mo Diggity Dawg

I really don't think that Krause has a clue, and i think Mack was reading from his master plan book.

Mack...do you work for the Bulls?

Are you the Coach?

Either way, Mack is right and the Bulls still suck!!

------------------
    Take the blue pill, and wake up from the computer dream world. I'm a fan of basketball, and knowing the truth for some means finally facing it...I'm TRUTH.