1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Ingram, the next Durant/Greak Freak?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by DeAleck, Dec 16, 2015.

1. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Freshman out of Duke: 6'9 skinny scorer with an Inspector Gadget 7'3 wingspan, averaged 25 point for the past 3 games.

If he keeps this up, he will probably be the #2 pick behind Ben Simmons, if not downright challenging him for #1.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4Ep4eUsFPdU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. DeAleck

Brandon Ingram will be the number 1 pick. Ben Simmon is pretty soft and his game will get picked apart like Jahlil Okafor's was.

3. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Agree. Ingram looks sensational.

4. roksoer

roksoer Member

How has Jahlil Okafor's game been picked apart?

5. rockets13champs

Ive been saying this to everyone

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If we're picking things apart, he needs to be a little better/more fluid as a ballhandler/creator to deserve the "next Durant" comparison... but damn he's close. I love his game and would be amazing to have him on the Rockets, but no shot there...

7. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

no defense, plays stuck to the ground.

8. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

9. DeAleck

The Ben Simmons getting picked apart is happening. His team might not even make it to the NCAA tournament.

[youtube]hjTlbt9Wd3o[/youtube]

10. showa13

showa13 Member

watched a lot of both of these guys, and I'm a biased LSU fan. If I had the 1st pick and had the choice, it'd be Ingram and it wouldn't be all that difficult of a choice. I honestly could imagine Simmons being somewhat of a bust. He doesn't play hard or with passion for LONG stretches of a game, sometimes it stretches out to multiple games, and his decision making and IQ are questionable at this point. He's just aloof at times.

Ingram has had his pains but I honestly think the biggest adjustment for him will be putting on weight and filling out his frame. He does that and he's gonna be a stud because he can be prolific on both sides of the ball.

11. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I think that the fact that Simmons can't lead his team to a tournament birth in one of worst conference in college basketball shows that he is should not be the number one pick. Great players, ones that should be a top pick, have the ability to do things like that.

Now Ingram's team hasn't been great either, but he has had some amazing games. The kid can flat out score.

12. DeAleck

Ben Simmons is now called by a NBA executive "taller Rajon Rondo, a more athletic Evan Turner, or a skinnier Royce White".

The guy who called him that must be a member of the Hateful Eight. Jeesh!

13. DeAleck

One more thing I like about Ingram: he's very young. He's only 18 and half, younger than a lot of high school seniors. In fact, he's more than a full year younger than Simmons.

14. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Simmons all the way! Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Ingram looked like a sure fire NBAer yesterday. A league above the other players on Duke even.

Watching them both I'd pick Ingram no questions

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For the record, general consensus here among the NBA folks is Ingram will be the No. 1 pick in June, fwiw</p>&mdash; Brian Snow (@BSnowScout) <a href="https://twitter.com/BSnowScout/status/714847766455783425">March 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. lionaire

lionaire Member

Kid is the real deal. His toughness and scrappy-ness is quite impressive for a guy of his stature. I'm taking him over Simmons all day.

18. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Sweet...if he goes #1, NBA execs talked themselves in to it.

Ben Simmons had a great individual season on a crappy team.

19. omgTHEpotential

Ingram just seems like a better prospect than Simmons, aside their team's success.

20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I'm the only one here who thinks Ingram is going to bust?