1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Bleacher Report]How Badly Do Houston Rockets Need an Upgrade at Point Guard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Junkyard Dog, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You have it the other way around my man.. Dragic is the longshot while Lawson is the undersized pg. If not Dragic, Bledsoe would be fine as he's in the same length tier as Pat Bev...

2. thevirus

thevirus Member

I don't think Lawson was a good choice for us.He is too short to play,his defence will be a problem.Goran is the best player for us,he can be a playmaker,and also a defencer.But Suns will not tarde him easily...

3. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

There's our answer. Ron Harper. Git er done Morey. :cool:

4. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Nelson hasn't been a respectable NBA starter in several years.

I am a huge Calderon guy - but he was always flawed defensively, and now has lost a step on offense and become less of a playmaker and more of a pure caretaker PG, which I don't think moves the needle for Houston.

It's Dragic or bust for me. Any other widely available player, I'd prefer even this ineffective version of Beverley.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

GORAN OR BUST. Phoenix is determined to troll their fans and the Rockets at the same time.

6. Possum

Possum Member

No there are plenty of people here are saying we can't win a championship with Beverly as our starting PG. that post was directed at them. Having said that, We have arguably the best SG and the best C in the game. They are the team. It's up to them to lead us to a championship.

Who did Kobe and Shaq or Pippen and Jordan or Lebron and Wade have on their championship teams? It's time for our supposed "super stars" to step up and prove THEY can carry this team to a championship. If they are as good as everyone makes them out to be then this team is good enough.

There is nothing wrong with adding more talent if we can but this crap about we have to upgrade the PG spot or we can't win a championship argument is either crap or our "super stars" aren't the "super stars" people think they are.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

at this point neither are super stars. not sure who is calling them that but they aren't. harden can become one eventually but dwight is who he is, an all star caliber player

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

and you are severely overlooking who those players had on the their respective teams.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Harden IS a superstar. Anyone trying to argue otherwise is an idiot. Howard on the other hand is on the downhill of his career and no longer a superstar due to injuries, but still a star for his rebounding and D alone. When he is healthy however, he can still put up star numbers. Hell, he did it in the playoffs last year.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. i don't place superstar status on people that haven't reached that level of success. maybe others use that status loosely but i don't. i can easily argue otherwise and be a valid case. he still has a lot to prove and accomplish to be considered a superstar imo.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Ron Harper was a cool cat, just very old. I think he had a tell all media outlet concerning his dislike of Jordan and then later Bryant.

12. Possum

Possum Member

Ok then enlighten me.

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

How do you define success and superstar then? The vast majority would label him as such, especially considering he is easily the best SG in the NBA and MVP contender.

14. kreem

kreem Member

Notice how all of them could pass the ball!! Pat Bev is such a disgrace! Over lobs howard, misses WIDE OPEN SHOTS AND CANT PLAY D ANYMORE! Get Calderon! He shoots 41% from down town

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

has he received an mvp yet? how many rings has he won? how many times has he led the rockets past the 1st round? has he become a solid defensive player for at least a year with the rockets yet? i can go on and on but there's no need to. harden has so much more ahead of him to accomplish but hes on a good track. like i said i just don't label a player a super star unless the resume supports it. my thoughts are labeling him a superstar already right now is like saying he has reached his peak as a player, because whats higher than a superstar

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Every fan, player, coach, member of management at any level of the game of basketball, etc.

Basically, everyone but you.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you're totally clueless on their support cast then you have a long way to go

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

did you really gather the opinion of all of them? thats amazing

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You are ****ing with us right? Someone who will finish top 3 in MVP voting is a superstar.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

do you consider blake griffin a superstar?