1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bismack Biyombo

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by aicedo, Apr 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

DraftExpress just posted an article about Biyombo's story:

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Bismack-Biyombos-Long-Journey--3672/

2. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Biyombo is now the No.1 prospect I want to draft in this class. The work ethic + the physical tools make Biyombo an incredibly attractive prospect. Looking at the Draftexpress mock right now, if I were an NBA team, I'd take Biyombo over Perry Jones at #5.

3. Landry92

Landry92 Member

At 6"9" the last thing most team need is an undersized C .. Can he play the 4??

+

There's concerns about his age .. But age is just a number right

Also that brazilian Center looks to be one hell of talent but apperantly he has a big head and is lazy something brazilian athletes are very famous for .. Dont know how Barbosa Nene & Varjao became exceptions

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

sigh .... smh

5. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I'm not sure why people can't understand that him being 6' 9'' doesn't matter. With his frame, wingspan, and athleticism, he will be able to play like a 7 footer. You don't guard the paint with your arms down, you defend with your arms up.

Dwight Howard standing reach: 9' 3.5''
    Emeka Okafor standing reach: 9' 2.5''
    Shaquille O'Neal standing reach: 9' 5''
    Bismack Biyombo standing reach: 9' 3''

6. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is no way that we get this guy now at #14. We need to package our pick, orlando's first rounder, 2nd rounder + Lee/Bud or both for this guy. Draft express has him at #8 right now, but that is too low given what he can do. He is basically Ben Wallace with a slightly better offensive game. This guy is PERFECT for us as a center. He can actually hit a J from 15, so he's not completely useless on offense like Wallace. As long as we have Lowry, Martin, and Hayes (way more value to us), I'd trade anything to get this guy...even Patterson. By the draft, he may be as high as #2 and I don't see him getting past #5.

7. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I agree with your post, except the trading Patterson part. I think he is going top 10, don't know about top 5, but either way, we will probably have to move up to get him. I am in favor of drafting both Bismack and Lucas, but if I had to choose one for right now, I'd choose Bismack. If we package up picks + players to move up, we can say goodbye to any chance of drafting Lucas as well.

In a perfect (realistic) draft, we would get Bis at 14, Lucas at 23/24, and an athletic Small Forward with two-way capabilities in the 2nd round.

8. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="412" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=899404403001&playerID=634637905001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAPmbRFdk~,-M7WdMAfPDp6IiDevQndhF6ZztJPMgEn&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=899404403001&playerID=634637905001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAPmbRFdk~,-M7WdMAfPDp6IiDevQndhF6ZztJPMgEn&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/04/bismack_biyombo_sets_records_w.html

9. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that we have too many players right now, so I wouldn't all the players with all of our picks. We desperately need to package 3 for 1s to get the better player. I love Patterson as well, but if we Bismack or Jonas, Hayes will go back to PF. I just don't think there's too much of a drop off b/w Hayes and Patterson even in Patterson's prime given his enormous potential. Remember, Hayes is elite defensively as a PF, can now hit his FTs, has average post moves, and passes well from the post. Anyway, if Bismack moves into the top 5, trading Patterson may be the only way to get him. I doubt other teams will want our 2 firsts + Bud/Lee for a top 5. We tried that last year and nobody wanted to do it.

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

There's also the Kevin Martin option. Before everyone blast me, hear me out...

We could trade Kevin for a Top 5 pick straight up (including fillers to match his contract) and draft Bismack Biyombo. We could then keep our 14th pick and secure Lucas Nogueira with it, and we would still have the 23rd pick to select a two way athletic SF like Tyler Honeycutt or Chris Singleton.

Package the 2nd round pick with Brad Miller and see if anyone will takes him off our hands.

We would still have Courtney Lee and Terrence Williams at the SG; both are young talented two way players on cheap contracts.

Just a suggestion.

11. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Haha -- you guys need to keep this in perspective. Most here (including myself) have never heard of Biyombo until a few weeks ago. He has good length (not necessarily height) and put up an impressive performance against high school seniors -- but let's not go overboard. He was playing HIGH SCHOOL kids and it was ONE game.

You guys (^) who are suggesting we trade KEVIN MARTIN for this international prospect you've learned of less than a month ago are certifiably nuts.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wow! DX has him going before Enes Kanter!

13. sinobball

sinobball Member

Anyone remember Mouhamed Saer Sene?

14. Egghead

Egghead Member

DraftExpress: For those saying Bismack Biyombo is just another Saer Sene, he's been doing this same stuff for a while now in the ACB. Totally different.
    2011-04-09 11:43:12

DraftExpress: Saer Sene couldn't get off the bench for Pepinster, the worst team in Belgium. Bismack Biyombo plays for a playoff team in Spain.
    2011-04-09 11:49:57

http://www.draftexpress.com/twitter.php

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is the type of hyped up player that will get a GM fired or given crazy money.

16. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

that will be in the NBA in a year or two

17. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Good thing we have a bit of cap space to work with. I'm sure DM will get his contract renewed which will put him in the position to dominate the market

18. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Some of them might. Maybe. Who knows how good they'll be? A lot of top prospects are rated high in high school but need several years in college to refine their games. Josh Selby was a top ten talent when he was in high school; now he's in the second round in some mock drafts.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He's playing well in the Spanish ACB, so I'm not concerned bout whether he's only doing well because it's against high schoolers.

On the other hand, David Aldridge of NBA.com said that he heard a rumor that he might be 23-26 years old. If true, that would be ridiculous...

20. sinobball

sinobball Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/printthread.php?t=20367&pp=20