1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill O'Brien emerges as Houston Texans No. 1 target for new head coach

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by platypus, Dec 22, 2013.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Im getting a little worried.

2. Major

Major Member

Someone should point John Granato and Greg Pickel to each other's twitter accounts. Someone has some bad info.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Maybe it's just me, but I'm betting against Granato.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

What's plan B? :p

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Perhaps another NFL team has made Bill O'Brien pump the brakes on his &quot;imminent&quot; drive to the Houston Texans? <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23PennState&amp;src=hash">#PennState</a></p>&mdash; Jason Bristol (@JasonBristol) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonBristol/statuses/418071337023057920">December 31, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefo...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They just don't want to announce this thing on a holiday. They want to soak up the spotlight. "I'm Jerry Seinfeld, love meee, love mee, loook at meee, love me."

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Still every expectation Bill O'Brien is next HOU coach, but if it somehow went sideways, Lions (DET, not Nittany) would be ready to pounce</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/418082256486690818">December 31, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

won't believe it til he says it

it's the saban fiasco all over again

10. Major

Major Member

Eh - the Saban stuff was nonsense reported by anonymous insiders that never made sense and was fueled by ridiculous things like internet investigators trying to track flights or learn about secret land deals. People believed that stuff because they wanted it to be true.

Bill O'Brien is a pretty normal coach hiring process. That said, under no circumstances should they wait to sign a deal. As soon as they agree to terms, it should be finalized and announced - only bad things happen by waiting.

11. justtxyank

La Canfora has no credibility with me. He's basically a fantasy football guy who copies other scoops.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

I was not excited about the Kubiak pick at the time, and I am sure that I was not the only one. I am not glad they hired him. It was a mistake from day one. Eight years of mediocrity punctuated by an easy schedule. The worst of it is that McNair kept extending him. He should have been gone in 3-4.

13. jmejia

jmejia Contributing Member

This is driving me nuts!! I'm at work and can't even focus thinking about this. Get this over with and announce our new coach already!

14. justtxyank

You didn't express your distaste for Kubak when he was hired, at least not here.

I just read through a bunch of the threads and it doesn't seem like there were any negative posts at all really.

15. Fantasma Negro

Because he hadn't done anything yet. In hindsight he should of been fired after the 6-10 season

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

How do you read old posts? I would like to be able to do that.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

The hire of Kubiak was well thought of at the time (not sure id characterize it as bold), but extending him and sticking with him as long as he did was absolutely foolish.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Count me in with the group that thinks the Kubiak hire was good, but the extension was dumb.

19. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

If O'brien does become hc does he bring in an entire new coaching staff? Any chance Wade stays on as defensive coordinator? I like him.

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Rly? Our defense has gotten progressively worse since his first season. I hope Wade is gone. Didn't I just read some post saying we set an NFL record for least turnovers caused?

#640 tallanvor, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013