1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Beer] Rate the last beer you drank

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by juicystream, Sep 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Hopadillo is fantastic. I usually start out with one at the bar if they offer it on tap.

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I've tried so many IPA's in the past year and I've pretty much settled on this and Ballast Point Sculpin.

3. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Pizza Port - Swami's IPA 8.5/10.

[​IMG]

Lagunitas Imperial Stout 8/10

[​IMG]

Both very good.

4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Good on tap, haven't had one in a bottle or can. Jake's has Hopadillo on tap, usually what I have there.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think st arnold still has a pretty big advantage in terms of six packs or session beers. Stuff like Elissa and spring bock are the only great ones from either brewery IMO. The only one I'll order from karbach is Weiss versa. The rest are meh to me

But in terms of big beers (which is what I normally drink), karbach definitely blows st arnold out of the water. Almost anything from their fun series is miles ahead of st arnold. Hellfighter, bodacious and clown lounge are amazing

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Karbach is definitely superior. Let's head over to the brewery, brah. Bring the dogs.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I prefer St Arnold to Karbach but I do like their Sympathy for the Lager and Hopadillo.

8. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

For sure. But for some reason, Sympathy for the Lager is way better to me in a can VS the tap.

9. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

had Ommegang Fleur de Houblon on draft today, citrusy, hoppy saison, billed as a double IPA.

quite delicious w/ fish tacos. 6.8% ABV

from their site:

-
    Nothing is more evocative of summer than the beautiful aroma of flowers, and the favored flowers of brewers are hops. Our brand new summer ale, Fleur de Houblon (Hop Flowers), is brewed to bring the many elements of summer into a refreshing and easy-to-drink Belgian-style ale.

Fleur de Houblon is a rich gold color with distinct floral hops in the aroma that follow through in the taste. Whole-cone Bravo hops are used to impart their earthy, fruity, and floral aromas and flavors. The body and flavor are clean and dry, with pleasing complexity and spicy notes from both primary and secondary fermentation with our unique Ommegang house yeast.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG] Yum

[​IMG]

Yummmm tooo

11. Buck Turgidson

Karbach Mother in Lager and Love Street were delicious all-day Saturday bbq beers.

12. likestohypeguy

If you like the dark super strong stuff (12-13 percent!), I'd give both these five stars:
    Dogfish head's Palo Santo Marron, and
    St. Arnold's Bishops Barrel #18 (It's an oat barleywine ale that I've really been into lately, please follow sir brad, he's going to give you a tour of the pit of misery, the pit of misery, dilley dilley!)

That reminds me also tried budweisers repeal reserve, surprisingly not bad at all.

For IPA lately I go for increasingly found in every supermarket is Elysian Space dust. Find always consistent vs. my other favorite IPA's, the usual from ballast point, lone pint, karbach etc. are great, but find can vary from one pack to the next. Karbach less so since the buyout, silver lining. Also they brought back their HOP DELUSION, another great one.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

This is the kind of beer that can hurt you. It tastes amazing but the 11% ABV will get you if you have too many....which you'll want to do.

14. likestohypeguy

Not five star good, and not my profile, but still pretty good. ONly mention because it's just so weird the timing first noticing it, when I was also temporarily "buying" (auditioning) 7 sets of different speakers in a battle royale to find my favorite, doing the equalization thing where your receiver plays WHITE NOISE over the speakers to make corrections etc. and I see THIS in the midst of it all...

[​IMG]

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ever since I drank my first Guiness I just can't find anything I like better. So, once in awhile I buy a 4 pack of Guiness Draught. It's not as good a cold Guiness draft out of a pub in Ireland, but as close to the draft beer as I can get, foam head included....LOL. It's a Love it or hate it kind of beer I think. I can't even stand the taste of Budweiser, Coors, or Miller Lite beers now. If only I liked the cheap stuff.

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

Have you had one in Ireland? Its divine

DieHard Rocket likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes I have!!! I agree!!

18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Hitachino Nest Yuzu Lager 4/5

A little fruitier than expected but overall a very good beer.

19. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

drank these over the weekend for the first time... really, really delicious. been seeing them all over up here lately.

[​IMG]

20. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Anyone been to sigma brewery in second ward? They have some purty good beers. The porter is my favorite