1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Attorney General William Barr has appointed a U.S. attorney to examine the origins of the Russia inv

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mick fry, May 13, 2019.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

AG Barr says the answers he is getting in connection with the investigation into the Deep State Trump coup attempt led by the DOJ/FBI/CIA is raising more questions than it is answering. No surprise to hear that. Fortunately they are digging into it in earnest finally.

Also, he stated that the desperate assertions by Pelosi and the Democrats that he "lied" to Congress are laughable. More on that below:

Barr says review of Russia investigation raising more questions, calls Pelosi claim he lied to Congress 'laughable'

Barr also called House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's charge he lied under oath to Congress and committed a crime 'laughable.'

"I think it's a laughable charge and I think it's largely being made to try to discredit me partly because they may be concerned about the outcome of a review of what happened during the election. But obviously you can look at the face of my testimony and see on its face there is nothing inaccurate about it," Barr said.

He said that he was ready to be the new target for Democrats. "I thought I was in a position where this kind of criticism really wouldn't bother me very much." Barr called the contempt charge recommendation passed by the Democratic-led House Judiciary Committee "part of the circus."

"It's part of the usual political circus that's being played out. It doesn't surprise me," he said, adding he doesn't feel threatened.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

lol

Nook likes this.
  3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

You do realize that this is what AG Barr and US Attorney John Durham are actively investigating right now, right?

4. KingCheetah

When will there be a flat earth investigation?

Rashmon, Deckard, Nook and 4 others like this.
  5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

As opposed to a Civil Prosecutor? Great stuff, man ;)

KingCheetah likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The lefties I've seen on this board get a huge laugh and are very entertained whenever someone uses the term 'black hat' in a supposedly serious fashion.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

"angry and confused" - LOL

Not quite, its a throwback to when you idiots got fed the bullshit about the Nunes memo and Commodore kept posting about the white hats closing in the black hats. Its been a running joke since then.

Deckard likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said.

It would be nice if Mr. Barr remembered that the Attorney General of the United States works for the people of this country, not donald trump. It would also be nice if the Republican majority in the Senate would remember that they aren't required to grovel at the feet of Mr. trump. History won't be kind to them, no, not at all.

Mr. trump seems to believe that he can do anything and get away with anything because of the office he currently occupies. That he can act like Putin of Russia, and Erdogan of Turkey, and Orban of Hungary, "strong men" that he envies and admires. That he can castrate our justice system, frighten and control the FBI and other national security entities, rendering them ineffective, and bend them to his will.

That he can muzzle and control the the Fourth Estate and piss on the 2nd Amendment, making the news in this country effectively under his control, as the Putin has done in Russia, as Orban has done to 90% of the media in Hungary, and as Erdogan is attempting to do. Mr. trump would love to be able to sue the media here that he doesn't like, and he would love to be able to investigate and jail journalists who keep telling the truth about him.

That's not going to work out for Mr. trump, in my opinion. Ultimately, he's going to be a very disappointed fellow.

No Worries likes this.
  9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This is how Trump has lived his entire life.

CometsWin and Deckard like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

excerpt:

You can see why the Democrats and their media adjunct are ballistic about Barr. He is a man of great intelligence and experience conducting serious business in a serious way. He won’t be scared off — see his comment at about 18:00 on his anticipation of Democratic attacks on him — and his investigation is, as he himself implies, one that is long overdue.

One final quote in response to Hemmer’s summary of the Democratic charge that he is acting as the president’s attorney: “They don’t know what they’re talking about.”​

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/05/the-barr-factor-contd.php

cml750 likes this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Wow. That is deep.

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't think Barr is necessarily acting as Trump's private lawyer. But he is acting on behalf of Trump and in Trump's interest as opposed to that of justice.

No Worries likes this.
  13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

And a great laugh was had by all.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's all about a wannabe tyrannical leader being tyrannical.

No Worries likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

Barr is also an extremely handsome man that leaves many Democrats uncomfortable.

Deckard, No Worries and B-Bob like this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I've noticed that powerlineblog can always be counted on to bring a blog, at least one line, and definitely some power.

biff17 and No Worries like this.
  17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Awkward.

No Worries likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

This is rather funny.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Do you actually believe this?

Deckard and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

If there was ever any doubt that you do anything other than trolling it has now been removed. This post confirms trolling.

dmoneybangbang and No Worries like this.