1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros look like a bunch players that got paid, and are content.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Mr.Scarface, Apr 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Please....just stop.

2. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

It’s always funny to me when nfl fans (I’m assuming that’s what this guy is) start talking about baseball and getting fired up over the results of one game or series or week. It’s so blindingly obvious that they have no clue how baseball works.
    I love baseball bc it’s there for you every night (more or less) for 6 months, something new happens seemingly every day, it’s laid back and no one game really matter until September or October.
    The ringer had a good article about all the teams that have gotten off to bad starts with reasons to panic, reasons to chill and then a conclusion.
    The Astros were literally the only team with a bad start that they said there was absolutely positively no reason for any panic “none” they said.
    It’s all bad hit sequencing right now, truthfully.
    Relax. Enjoy the ride. Individual game and week results don’t matter right now. This team is going to be freaking great and waltz to the division championship.

3. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

And Texas Rangers playing very well....I'm sure it will all come out in the end. Cream will rise, and dirt will sink.

BamBam likes this.
  4. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Cubs with an epic meltdown to start the season too. I think the cubs and Red Sox struggles will persist

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

And **** gets flushed.

The Real Shady likes this.
  6. HTown2017Champs

I see parallels between the 2019 Red Sox and the 2014 Red Sox (another "hangover" team). Look at their starters' ERAs. Yikes! Ours are not that bad, our bad luck will run out. We're already seeing Bregman, Altuve, Correa, etc. have their averages go back to normal.

7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. I grew up playing baseball. Played til High School. I played Football and Basketball. The game I LOVED to play was baseball. Again, 40 years of Astros fandom. I understand it is a MARATHON. However, I also know that getting yourself in a hole in April can kill your October chances.

9. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

If you know baseball so well you should put yourself in time out bc that was an astoundingly silly post 6 games into a baseball season.
    We haven’t put ourselves into any kind of hole. We are a couple games behind a shitty Mariners team that’s going to win 67 games when it’s all said and done.
    Relax.
    If it was something like Boston or NY falling 4 or 5 Games back of the other one then sure... that’s a hole that might matter. But this? Nothing.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The sad thing some of you take this WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. Of course, it is only 8 games into the season. However, there is no reason to play lethargic out of the game.

11. conquistador#11

12. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

It’s baseball. **** happens. Nobody on this team is lethargic or not trying. This is a team full of the baseball version of gym rats. It’s just a bad take. Nobody on this team is coasting, on cruise control or fat and happy. They’ve had one bad week with the bats- it happens to Everyone. The last time it was this bad was the first week of 2017 when we won it all.

13. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

15 runs in the last 2 games. They must have decided to start trying again or something.

Smacktle and No Worries like this.
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Yep.

15. Buck Turgidson

They're just taking it way too seriously. Give it a week.

16. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Mr. Scarface needs to change name to Mr. Eggonface after this fiasco of a post.

theimpossibles1 and Theking like this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Verlander looks fat and happy

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

19. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Just stop...please stop while you’re ahead.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Well at least, he is getting laid by a super model. There is that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.