1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Article: Astros show interest in Garciaparra

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by DVauthrin, Dec 13, 2005.

1. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

BTW, the cards signed Braden Looper for 3 years 13.5 mil. LOL.

2. Buck Turgidson

Actually said "he has ability at SS and 3rd". Then said that he would start out as an OF here and then see what happens (naturally he's not going to rule anything out publicly while they're still negotiating).

AE & Ensberg aren't going anywhere.

3. liamrock

liamrock Contributing Member

Well....we're still in the running, but I think the Dodgers have to be considered the favorites. Nomar is a So-Cal guy and he owns 2 homes in LA area. Nomar would probably play RF for them as their IF has Furcal (SS) Izturis (2b) Kent (1B) Mueller (3b). I think they have Shawn Green in LF and Dave Roberts (CF). Here's the latest -

Nomar Garciaparra met with Dodgers GM Ned Colletti at Dodger Stadium on Thursday.
    Garciaparra is expected to decide between the Dodgers, Yankees, Astros and Indians soon. The Dodgers could be the favorites at the moment. Garciaparra is seeking a one-year contract worth $6 million-$8 million, but teams don't have to put their offers on the table right now. According to agent Arn Tellem, he'll pick where he wants to play and then work out a contract. Dec. 16 - 4:01 am et
    Source: Los Angeles Daily News

4. Poloshirtbandit

I don't think Shawn Green plays for the Dodgers anymore.

5. tested911

tested911 Member

Whats the hoopla with Garciappara?

Whats the hoopla with Garciappara?

I rather have Manny Ramierz.. Thats a guy who can give you the runs you need?

All year long they talked about adding a bat to the lineup. 40 HR 110+ RBI thats a bat. Thats a bat Roger would say ok I'll come back.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

And I would've rather traded for Kevin Garnett this offseason than sign Stromile Swift. However, some things simply aren't feasible, whether it be because of the money, the players the team must give up, or both.

7. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

You're kidding, right? You'd rather pick up Manny Ramirez to help your lineup than Nomar Garciaparra? You can't be serious.

You're nuts.

You're craaaaaaaazy.

NOMAH

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

You are correct. They traded him to Arizona as part of the Vasquez/Randy Johnson deal. It was a three team deal.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

No doubt there. Nomar is not as talented defensively as Everett. I would guess that most SS do have that problem. I just hate watching it happen when I see him make so many spectacular plays. It just seems like the bad throws are from a lack of concentration on a routine play.