1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you watching the NBA this season?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Lebronto, Jul 2, 2018.

?

Are you watching anything besides Rockets games?

1. Yes, Go Warriors!

15 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. No

63 vote(s)
    80.8%
  1. Lebronto

Lebronto Member

It is gonna be the All star team vs for 98 games.

dragonwill likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'll watch... but I won't obsess over it. The NBA has been a huge time suck anyway.. I'm going to be super productive. Thank You Adam Silver.

Bengchu likes this.
  3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Yea I’m interested to see how team USA does for sure

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

doubt I'll even watch the rockets much. ill read the garm for updates.

I'd quit the nba if i can, but can't quit cfnet. so not entirely quitting on the nba, but I'll stop watching for sure.

Voltik, Hard_foul, Yung-T and 4 others like this.
  5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I'll certainly watch less. Before I could watch the top teams just to root against them. Even the best teams like the MJ Bulls and three peat Lakers had a shot of losing even if it didn't seem like it. When a team is this stacked I'll just check the box score after the slaughter.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. Rokman

Rokman Member

Well, in reality, the Warriors are a bad Curry ankle sprain and a Kermit Washington to Draymond's face away from being out of contention. Seriously, that dude has got to be on someone's last nerve out there

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

It’s getting pretty ridiculous but I’ll still watch 90 % of rockets games just like I have since I was 10. You never know what can happen. We still have moves to make. I’m confident we’ll be better than last year and we took GS 7. They still have to play the games.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I stopped watching other teams play long ago.

I’ll still watch the Rockets but the NBA is a shell of itself from the 90’s to the early 2000’s.

Lebron started it with his first b**** move. Then Durant took the **** to another level.

Nba should be on alert. They really need to make some rule changes to keep the league more balanced.

Even if I was a b**** ass warriors fan, where’s the drama? This is like a fake league.

Hard_foul, RyanB, bballjunkie and 3 others like this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I will watch the rockets play , except for when they play the warriors .

We can all say **** the NBA .... but unless consumers speak with their dollars then it's implicitly supporting this bullshit .

All this doesn't is make the GS warriors stronger villains , give more media talking points .

At some point we have to realize that we (the fans ) played a part in creating this mess . The culture of win a ring at all costs perpetuated by the media and accepted by the fans influenced these players feeble little minds .... granted , it was completely unexpected that NBA all-stars shelved their egos to become little b****es .... but hey , a new generation . ( and I'm 26 hahahaha)

Unless NBA revenues drop nothing will change . The hype machine will do its work to stir up interest , and fools will watch because they are conditioned to .

Frankly , cousins could be a non-factor this year ... a man his size coming off Achilles injury is no joke and from that standpoint the signing does have some risk . However , the fact that the warriors are in a position to take such a risk with such huge upside is bullshit in and of itself . Many teams could have offered him more in terms of money this year and the opportunity to look better and earn more in the future .... be he chose a ring . The reason he chose a ring is partially due to the outside pressure he felt to win .... and we created that .

The NBA has never been clean . From superstar calls , super teams , ref rigging , and so on . But this recent GS mess is unbelievable. They got incredibly lucky with cap increases and their own players being on lowered contracts due to injury concerns . However , it's also clear that changes need to be made to player payment structure and perhaps team cap structure . The allure of $ for star players has weakened due to outside endorsements and from a competitive balance standpoint that needs to be dealt with .

In the end , **** GS ... I'm praying with all my might that those little b****es get what's coming to them . They deserve worse than hate ... they deserve abject failure and ridicule and to be disrespected for a long time .

I would not be surprised to see real opposition to them from a money making standpoint. Teams might just rest their starters when they play in golden state thus further diminishing the product . It's time for fans and teams alike to take a stand against these arrogant sons of b****es

10. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Only if the rockets on some type of 20 game win streak. But If we start 3-5 and warriors start 8-0. Naw

Houstunna likes this.
  11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I wish I liked sports (and other unimportant things) less.

In due time, but improving yearly.

DonKnock and Elephant810 like this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

DO NOT WATCH THE NBA FINALS.

The nba sees the viewership and believes that what is happening is the best for the league. Switch off your tv.

I'm watching only RS and the playoffs apart form the finals where GSW plays.

14. dischead

dischead Member

Not purchasing league pass this year. Why bother, refs are corrupt.

15. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

No basketball for me this year. I may not even watch the Rockets. No point.

bballjunkie and Jontro like this.
  16. jacoby

jacoby Member

The officiating in the last two games sucked the life out of me. From a distance, I will support the Rockets and the Rockets ONLY. I have zero interest in supporting this corrupt league any longer.

I anxiously await a long, drawn-out lockout.

Hard_foul, bballjunkie and DonKnock like this.
  17. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Yep but I didn't vote because F your options. Try not to be an asshat at a Rockets forum. Not sure if you're a Rockets fan or not.

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I didn’t really watch these past finals and only kept up with them because of false hope lebitch would get swept and make the best basketball move to join the Rockets.

bballjunkie likes this.
  19. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

That's good! Ive been only watching free streams now the past 2 years. Don't support where the league is at right now, can only watch the rockets. There used to be a time where I'd enjoy watching any team play, especially in the playoffs. Now i don't give a crap knowing who is making the finals every year. My love and hopes of the rockets are my only motivation to even remotely care about the nba

bballjunkie, Houstunna and BigShasta like this.
  20. izeroi

izeroi Member

There's no point in watching this season. I don't care how people try and spin it (well boogie is hurt and who knows when he'll be back and how he'll play).

You just took the champs and made them that much better and for an insulting cost at that.

More than likely I'm going to cancel my Rockets package.