1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are You a Rockets Season Ticket Holder?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pugsly8422, Aug 15, 2008.

?

Are You a Rockets Season Ticket Holder?

1. Yes, this will be my 1st year

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. Yes, 1-5 years

27 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. Yes, 6-10 years

6 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Yes, 11+ years

8 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. No, it’s just too expensive

66 vote(s)
    34.6%
  6. No, I live too far away

64 vote(s)
    33.5%
  7. No, I prefer to watch from home

12 vote(s)
    6.3%
  8. No, I don’t need season tickets, I work for the Rockets or get free tickets

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I was just wondering how many of us on here are actually able to attend the games on a regular basis, even if it is only a half season package. If you're not a season ticket holder, how many games do you usually attend? Do you plan on attending more games this year than usual now that we "officially" have Artest?

As for me, technically this will be my 5th year, but my account was recently switched, so in their books I'm starting over :(

Pugs

1 person likes this.
  2. stonecold999

stonecold999 Member

I'm not a season ticket holder, cuz i cant afford them...... but i will tell you this... I catch every single rockets game on FSN or UPN 20.. I will stop what I do .. no matter it's sex or work.. and then start to watch the Rockets.. Am I loyal enough to the Rockets???

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

this thread depresses me. but i'll be home for the Finals this year for sure.

4. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

Nope, I've settled for 6 game mini plans and single games for the past couple of years cause I couldn't afford season tickets... but I'm about to graduate in December 2008 and have a job lined up for me already.

So, beginning next season in 2009-2010, I will DEFINITELY start become a regular season ticket holder. I'll prob just go with another 6 game package this seaso

5. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

living in austin.. its tough going all the way to houston to watch a game.. but i still try to go see 3-4 each season.. and atleast playoff game

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

jury is still out on this one ;)

live too far away otherwise i would probably be a season ticket holder if for some reason i didnt make it as a red rowdy

7. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I've been a six pack holder for the past 5 years but usually add 5-6 games to those and go to all playoff games. Already got my reservation for this season! Can't wait!

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I voted, No I live too far away, but I will go see them in Indy, Chicago and Detroit this year.

I'd like to go to one of the games in Memphis or the one in Cleveland but because they are during the week it will be more difficult.

9. khimmatramka16

As soon as I graduate and start makin money-- I will become one.

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Hey Pugs, where's the choice of "No, I go occasionally when I get a chance."? I try to make it from Dallass when I get a chance with my fellow ClutchFans brothers.

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I put "Yes, 11+ Years" because my dad has been buying a 12-game package of 2 seats for the last 13 years from a guy who runs a ticket group at his job. He and I are the ones that go 90% of the time.

I'm not sure if that counts or not.

12. Rockets34Legend

Hey Rivaldo, how much does it come out with tax and everything to purchase a 6 game plan? And can you change up the 6 games or are those set in stone?

13. tmacyaokobe01

tmacyaokobe01 Rookie

No, I don't live in Houston, I really wished I did, Houston seems to be an excellent town to live in, but I guess my town ain't bad either I still get to watch NBA games there. :D

14. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I own three seats in the lower bowl.

Greatest purchase I make every year.

15. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I didn't think of that, I figured 8 options was enough. I guess I could have done one that said "Other - reasoning listed below." The main thing I wanted to find out was how many season ticket holders we have on here, maybe I should have made it plain and simple with yes or no as the only options. I'm good at making this more difficult than they have to be!

I saw your question about the 6 game packs. The cheapest tickets are $10 ($9 for season ticket holders), so I would guess you could get those seats for the 6 game pack. Unless you get the discount for the seats, I would think you may be better off just buying games at your convenience. This is also assuming they offer the cheap seats for teh 6 game packs and they still have them available.

This year there will probably be 5-10 games I'm forced to attend by myself, maybe I could just make a post on here to invite a fellow ClutchFans member along whenever that happens. Luckily I should know well in advance.

Pugs

1 person likes this.
  16. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I've been able to "create" my own plans as far as which games we want to see rather than being stuck with the ones they've created. It comes out to about $210 for $35 tickets (Sec 409-410).

17. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I had season tickets about 3 years ago, and yes there where pretty expensive, about 3500.00, but I was also a Houston Rockets sponsor so I also got a small discount. They were pretty good seats about 13 rows up in the temporary stands sightly behind and to the side of the basketball goal. The season was a bust and I was pretty disappointed that year.

I attend 3-4 games a year though, last year I got some tickets practically front row(actually row B). I could touch the floor while sitting in my chair with my foot. It was also right behind the basket, so close that the camera man keep getting in my way. I've only missed a hand full of games on T.V. though the pass 15 yrs. or so. I love to DVR all of them so I can watch in slow-mo, pause and repeat certain plays. I spend way too much time thinking Rockets basketball and now I've found this forum which of course is 24/7. ;)

18. Rockets34Legend

It's all good, Pugs. I wish I was a season ticket holder, but instead, I have to hear/see about the freaking Mavs over here.

Thanks for the replies Pugs and Rivaldo on the 6-game package ordeal. I have been considering to jump on it, but I think it might be expensive now that Artest has joined the team.

Well, if you get an extra ticket, hook a fellow ClutchFans brother up! ;)

1 person likes this.
  19. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

I'm on my 3rd year of season tickets... 1st year was a half-season, but the last two have been full season. Even where I sit though in the upper bowl, it's really not that expensive. ~$570 for 41 home games plus the preseason home games (and with no handling/service fees or taxes) is pretty reasonable.

I work by the Galleria, park right on the street near the TC before 6pm everytime, so there's no parking fees at all. The only additional expenses are beers at the BUS or the occasional meal, but I usually end up either eating before the game or after I get home. Of course, it also helps that I live about 10 minutes from downtown, so I can understand for other people that live further how that might be a hassle.

20. Convictedstupid

Once im old enough, one of my first 'big purchases' will be season tickets.

1 person likes this.