1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone willing to join me for a large plate of slow-roasted Crow?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets-R-Us, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Rockets-R-Us

Rockets-R-Us Contributing Member

I had predicted a ROX loss for tonight and a subsequent series loss as well.

Granted, my prediction did follow two absolutely maddening, consecutive blowout losses in Utah, but considering the manner in which we won our two games, and the manner in which the Jazz won their two games, my faith in the ROX was indeed shaken to say the least. Not a single person on this board could say that we had anything close to momentum coming home!!

I am posting this thread to admit that not only was I wrong, but I am man enough to step up and say I was wrong in a public forum. I even bet my posting priviledges (for a month) but I don't recall anyone taking the bet and coming up with a counter bet... If someone did, by all means let me know what it was.

On another front, I have to say how impressed I was tonight with TMAC!!! Tonight IT WAS ON TMAC!!!

I was also impressed with the all out play of Juwann, Yao and Shane.

Hell, even Rafer and Luther stepped up more than I expected either of them to.

This was truly a gut-check, and maybe I should have been willing to at least wait 'till after game 5 to make my pronouncement, but it's hard to describe the level of disgust and shame I felt for the team after game 4....

I still believe that if ROX want to avoid what could be a heartbreaking scenario in a game 7 in their own building, then I implore them to play with AT LEAST the same level of tenacity, poise and intense desire in Utah as they had tonight in Houston. Go ahead fella's and close it out in 6!!!

In the interim, I'll be chewing slowly on a big fat plate of nasty tasting crow, and, since the ROX won, I'll be enjoying every minute of it!!!

#1 Rockets-R-Us, Apr 30, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  2. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

If we're going to make a crow eating thread, let's welcome all of the Tracy Mcgrady doubters.....What a freakin game by Tracy tonight. Carried us like he did all season.

3. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

i'll join the feast, but ... don't be disillusioned by one game. after tonight's win, the first thought in my head... damn.. this utah team is good

Can our bench players and roles players do this again??? after only 1-5 nights of doing it... and further.. Can we beat them in Utah?? let alone again??

b/c they are hitting shot after shot and boozer is killing us..
    i'm still worried..

more so after than before this game, b/c t-mac has a tendency to cool himself down.

4. huynhct

huynhct Member

i thought i was the only one that called the rockets, rox :)

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am getting this weird feeling that you made an attempt at a BOLD thread title...

I dont know why...

But I just am.

6. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

Still at least you ate it instead of running away like 99% of the other rocket bashers.

7. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

i get this feelin too..hahahh but i guess he thought he would be the first one to bold a thread.

8. Rockets-R-Us

I actually think we're only one defensive adjustment from winning in Utah or Houston.

If Yao will stick like glue to Boozer, no matter where he goes, and if he gets picked let the man who guarding the pick-er take Boozer till Yao can recover... that's it.

Nobody on Utah is coming anywhere close to beating us besides Boozer, and if they can shut down TMAC for large parts of games like they did in Utah, then damn it, there's no reason we can't do the same to Boozer.

The Jazz consistently run a pick and roll with a guard or sometimes Giricik rolling to the hoop with the ball, and Yao fades toward the P/R whether the guard is coming to the hoop or not, and boom, Boozer gets a pass for an easy 12 ft (or frequently much shorter) jumper.

If Yao will stay in physical contact, (feel his Jersey, hell hold his Jersey, or just an arm) all game long, I guarantee you that Boozer will have far fewer layups and open jumpers!!!

I do believe after tonight that we can win this series, but I am afraid of it going to 7 games, because we have too many guys on this team who are capable of choking in a game 7. All I have to say about that is remember Dallas..... :rolleyes: :p

9. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Nice to see someone own up. This proves once again, that momentum only matters until the next game.

10. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Lets see if Tmac can still carry this team ON HIM next game.

11. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

I totally thought we'd concede this game to the Jazz, and I'll do it again and again as long as they don't mind proving me wrong over and over :D

12. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Wait, Arent you supposed to be a BULLS fan now?

13. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

The next two games, Utah is gonna send their level 42 flying creeps. I don't know if we have enough fully upgraded swarm towers to survive the onslaught.

14. Rockets-R-Us

I'll bite....

I don't know what the "Level 42 flying creeps" reference is. Please enlighten me. :cool:

15. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Fact is, no one really knows what will happen in the next game for sure - that's why these predicitions are such B.S. All we knew is we had to win game 5.

Now, as for game 6 - it will tell us this about our team. If we go in there and have another game like 3 or 4 - we're definitely not championship stuff...not even close. A contender would go in there for the kill and get revenge. A contender wouldn't be intimidated by the road. And a contender would go for the jugular. We lose game 6 - and I say we're just also-rans. We will probably win the series but won't go deep into the post-season (barring a G.S. upset over Dallas which is very unlikely).

But if we win and close this series out on Thursday - then that makes our team a bit more interesting. That would be a huge thing for this team to do - a true sign of maturity and the will to win a ring.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Second Round - MINIMUM Expectations
    I said it at the beginning of the season
    I said it all season
    I saying it now. . . . SECOND ROUND - MINIMUM EXPECTATIONS

Good Game Tracy
    I need maybe about 13 more . .. then I will eat all the crow you like
    [BTW that would be 13 THIS SEASON!]

Rocket River
    "You're a hard Marker, " Mel Gibson - The man with no face

17. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I never posted anything right after games 3 or 4, so I haven't been bashing T-Mac... but I have to say the bashing was justified. In fact, game 5 helps prove it: T-Mac coasts when he doesn't consider a game crucial.

When exactly is he gonna get it into his head that ALL playoff games should be considered crucial, not just the ones when the series is tied or when you're down? There's no player in this league more talented. Shame that Mac so often coasts.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Exactly,

Got to strive for bigger and better things.

DD

19. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

On thing in life is true:
    YOU NEVER KNOW.

CLUTCH CITY

Let the "brilliant critics" suck it.

:)

20. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Brilliant. Let's just hope that by then, our Squirting Guns (Yao, T-Mac) turn into Typhoons.