1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone going to watch the Cricket World Cup?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by R0ckets03, Feb 8, 2003.

Tags:
  1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Most piss poor bowling performance I have ever seen. Oh well. I still aint mad at my team. Maybe next time. :(

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

but what a batting performance by Pointing and Co

that last SIX of the second last ball was MASSIVE

3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

This isn't the only thing that's not going India's way....

http://www.cricket365.com/COUNTRY_BY_COUNTRY/India/story_8109.shtml

India facing ICC ban 23/03/03
    Contract spat rumbles on
    The International Cricket Council has threatened to suspend India over the World Cup contracts row.

Indian officials had warned they would either withdraw from the tournament or send a below-par squad after the nation’s players refused to sign contracts that would have prevented them endorsing products that compete with official event sponsors.

The row was averted before the tournament when the ICC allowed the players to sign amended agreements that didn’t contain the clauses relating to personal sponsorships.

While India has qualified for Sunday’s World Cup final against Australia, ICC President Malcolm Gray says that India’s payments of $US9 million for playing have been withheld.

Gray added that if the ICC receives compensation claims of more than the nine million American dollars from any of its sponsors in relation to Indian players endorsing rival products, India could be banned.

"If India are not forthcoming, the suspension of India from the ICC will be contemplated," he confirmed.

4. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

GO AUSSIE GO!!! :D :D :D

5. davo

davo Contributing Member

I don't think I can recall a sporting event that was so thoroughly dominated by one team.

Australian OWNS the world cup.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

it

Aussies deserve it no doubt. But the Indian team did not show up to play today. Zaheer and Srinath were way too nervous. Give this team some time and I believe it will only get stronger with more experience.

7. davo

davo Contributing Member

We'll give you 4 years and you can try again, how about that?