1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

anyone else tired of all the ISO ball ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by icewill36, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

please tell me what your game plan would be since you’re such an elite couch coach

2. smp

smp Member

That's my biggest concern too. Being the only productive member of a team sucks. It drains you. I don't care if it's in business or sports. At some point you just say forget it and make someone else step up for once. Even if it means you sit there and watch them fail. You can only carry a bunch of scrubs for so long before you just check out on the team.

Everyone other than Harden and Capela should be embarrassed. Play with some pride and help James out.

RudyTBag likes this.
  3. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

I never said PJ tuckers shots were ill advised, hes the worst shooter so you want him to be taking the three point shots if your the other team, that means they are playing good defense.

Yes EG should just stand 6 feet out watch Harden and wait to get the ball thats a great strategy I'm sure it will will win us multiple championships!
    If you see multiple plays for EG 3 off the ball next game you should tell Dantoni to stop crying and "these shots were taken en route to the best seed overall" so go back to standing still!

If we play a real basketball team and we lose because people are standing around doing nothing that would be a shame, its not my fault you don't know that.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I agree, but that's why we got CP3. Unfortunately, it just so happened that CP3 **** the bed Game 1 and everyone not Harden decided to throw a brickfest. Statistically, it is highly improbable for that to happen again, meaning it is improbable that we need Harden to turn in this sort of performance again, at least not for 41 minutes. That said, Harden being Harden, it is still likely that he goes nuclear many more times, but not at the expense of overworking himself.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They are running plays. They actually had more off ball movement last night than normal with Ariza doing a lot of cutting.

The 3s last night were not poor, contested shots. They were shots within the flow of the offense and the Rockets kept missing.

It doesn't look pretty when you shoot 2-25 from 3 and 1 of your 2 leading playmakers leaves his brain at home.

vlaurelio likes this.
  6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Most of them were rim outs too, meaning they were just missing.

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL pj was taking those shots because Ryno and LMA are injured stop crying

and stop with Ego was just standin doin nothing and wait.. he was running around and people were setting picks and screens and getting crisp passes from either james, cp3, or another teammate just stop being a blind hater

they simply missed those very good looks.. shot a very terrible and rare 25%

if they continue to shoot wide open threes at 25% then hell yeah they don't deserve to win anything

#207 vlaurelio, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Ryno: Ton of great shots.. great plays.. shots we normally make.. we make those shots we win by a whole lot more...

9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

10. mario_v

mario_v Member

Third game in a row that the rockets offense hasn’t showed up.

I’m going to say it one more time, isoball doesn’t work in the playoffs.

Rockets have no shot against the warriors.

cheke64 and TheRealist137 like this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You can’t ****ing iso

It’s somethibg everybody knows about the post season. I don’t know why the rockets think they’ve invented something new

cheke64, mario_v and TheRealist137 like this.
  12. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

NO plays better offense than us so far. Much more ball movement and AD/Holiday looks like best duo in the league.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Works very well in regular season. yet to work in playoffs...

14. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Iso doesn't work? Then pick and roll all day. There's no excuse for Capella to have only 7pts.

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Look at jazz offense. Works in the playoffs. Isoball? TBD

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Guess playoff Joe is no more

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

The playoffs are a different game. The Pelicans are killing; the Rockets are sputtering. They will either adapt or they won't. We fans are not playing, we can't affect their performance, it is on them. All the games I have watched are vastly different than the Rocket's games. Vastly different, a lot more urgency and energy.

ReignSupreme likes this.
  18. mario_v

mario_v Member

I remember when clutchfans used to complain about mchale s predictable iso offense, but praise dantoni for running a similar offense.

[​IMG]

#218 mario_v, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  19. ReignSupreme

ReignSupreme Member

Yep this team has no sense of urgency or fire.

20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

It’s really simple. You have two of the best ISO artists in NBA history who run the pick and roll until they get the man they want, then score at an efficient rate. It’s not ISO itself - average joe vs average joe. It’s the best of the best getting the matchup they want. I agree it’s hard to stomach as the bread and butter, but if they are going to swarm the roll man like in game 3 I think it’s fine. It won’t work for long against GS though.