1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Wiggins Vs. Jabari Parker

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by SK34, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

They just made the changes and will probably wait the whole season before making any more changes to see if the league adapts. They altered the rules because last season was the lowest scoring season in decades, and there were way too many charges called where players would slide in under the driver. They're trying to make it so that the collision is up in the air, a basketball play on the ball instead of a race to a spot to see who falls first. There's also new hand-checking rules. Anyhow, the adjustment period will be long, but hopefully, teams will adapt before the end of the season. It's looking bad now, but it's been looking bad for years.

2. itony

itony Member

looks even better when you take out the dribble haha
    [​IMG]

3. SK34

SK34 Member

I can't believe I missed this game to "STUDY" . ..... F COLLEGE

4. SK34

SK34 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nKcmDfhwrAI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They are saying Parker got "dunked" on... This doesn't constitute as being dunked on... SMH

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>GM's wish the draft was tomorrow</p>&mdash; LeBron James (@KingJames) <a href="https://twitter.com/KingJames/statuses/400496675422502912">November 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Great Duke Kansas game. I'm a bit lighter in the pocket thanks to my bro <a href="https://twitter.com/mchalmers15">@mchalmers15</a> But I will win it back. Blue Devils have a squad.</p>&mdash; Shane Battier (@ShaneBattier) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShaneBattier/statuses/400506550319460352">November 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. SK34

SK34 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OH5YX6w5sRs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. SK34

SK34 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wngFHxyym8I?list=UU7zHLmbmASW9zmLW8WpFm1g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. alethios

alethios Member

After watching last night's game, I think edge goes to Parker. So solid on both ends of the floor, whereas Wiggins still has a lot to learn on the defensive end. But man, what an offensive weapon he is!!!

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Parker's game is very, very smooth. I think Wiggins is the better overall talent, but man is Parker fun to watch.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

All I know is last night proved that the teams at the top of the lottery will be quite happy

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  12. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

I think Wiggins will benefit from Bill Self's system more than a freelance system. Makes him learn to play a system, learn the fundamentals. Instead of just street ballin', runnin' gunnin', iso's

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Don't get me wrong, I agree with that. I'm just saying I was shocked he actually decided to buy into that rather than do what most one and done's like to do and just go to the place they can showcase themselves. It'll definitely be good for him.

14. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Parker looks like a Paul Pierce type of player.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Parker has the shot down. Some guys never learn that.

16. SK34

SK34 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sb1aWmU58c8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Against davidson.. post up jumper.. 3s.. etc.. he has a great offensive game..

17. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

The team that drafts Wiggins will have to bet that Wiggins will one day develop a reliable jumper or above average handles.

His jumper is poor and handles merely average a NBA 3 prospect, where as Parker already has elite shooting and above average handles.

Shot can be fixed, but handles are much more difficult to correct. These players have already been playing basketball for their whole life; their handles are near where it will be. First options without handles do not become superstars. Wiggins is incapable of handling the ball for a NBA team right now.

18. KWilson71

KWilson71 Member

Both of these guys are great talents. Wiggins is so raw but the potential is there. Parker looks like he can put a nba jersey on today and contribute at a high level.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Also, we've seen a ton of guys like Wiggins over the years. Athleticism without bounds, making all the other people on the court look like boys.

Marvin Williams
    Michael Beasley
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

See a pattern here? To break out in the NBA you really need more than just athleticism. Because everyone in the NBA is athletic. What is Wiggins' one elite skill?

I know the hype for Wiggins is unparalleled, meaning he could just be a guy like Lebron who has THAT MUCH MORE athleticism than even the best guys in the NBA. But right now I'm still asking myself, what makes him different? What makes him better than all the other top prospects I've seen over the years that have been number one. Because hell even Harrison Barnes had a better jumper.

20. SK34

SK34 Member

I agree 100%.

But I would take either or according to the team I have assembled.
    If I'm the sixers, I take wiggins.
    If I'm the bobcats, I take randle unless they wanna move MkG.
    If I'm the bucks, I take Parker because he can help sprea the floor much better than wiggins.
    If I'm the jazz, I take Parker.
    If I'm the raptors, I take wiggins..
    Etc..
    The chances of randle going number 1 aren't high because championship teams build much better around Sg/Sf.