1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

And then there's the Rockets ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hatemavs4life, Dec 16, 2007.

1. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

I personally gave the Rockets a little wiggle room early to get their act together but, after last nights performance vs the Mavs? Well, lets put it this way if I was a dog I would have had to lick my ass to get the bitter taste out of my mouth. The missing of opens shots, the careless passing, the careless ball handling, the lack of a collective defensive intensity especially in the second half. Even worse, where's the gamesmanship? Where's the pride? Where's the leadership on this freakin' team? Yao's pissed and I don't blame him on bit.

What really PISSED me off was seeing T-Mac embrace Josh Howard after they collectively kicked sand in our faces, disrespected us and I guess we like being their B!TCH! Rivalry? What rivalry? There is NO FREAKIN RIVALRY! We got embarrassed by our intrastate DOMINATRIX and we liked it and we asked for more. :rolleyes: We should have asked for the gag and the butt plug to boot. :mad:

IT'S TIME! :rolleyes:

I'll tell you what it's time for ...

It's time for some REAL leadership to forge on this team whether now or via trades.

It's time to show a sense of purpose and determination not just content with the same old whatever ...

It's time to show some attitude, intensity, good god ... freakin PRIDE! :rolleyes:

It's time to give a rats ass about losing and stop being nice especially when you're intrastate rival is kicking sand in your face.

IT'S TIME TO PLAY AND ACT LIKE YOU CARE, HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS LIKE F**KING PROFESSIONALS!

Like I said, the Rockets got a mulligan up to this point of the season but, it's one thing to lose because you are not executing, it's completely another thing when guys arent trying or are even quitting on the team and the system.

This snapshot of a season is an absolute embarrassment to all REAL Rocket fans and ALL REAL Rocket alumnus ie ... Hakeem, Mario Elie, etc.

I for one am fed up with bad basketball and excuses and all the trappings there within ...

Bottom line, if players are content with losing and being a loser to include T-Mac then, send them packing and don't let the door hit you in the ASS! Because as of right now, this is NOT the Rockets basketball I remember ...

Personally wanted Elie as our next coach after JVG but, was intrigued potentially by RA's fast break motion offense. But what we have right now is complete garbage. Something better change and quick or else even the Rocket Rowdies are going to join the chorus of boos by the 18,000 disgruntled in Toyota Center.

The Texans and the Astros brass have and are making moves to make their teams consistently competitive, what are the Rockets doing?

I say blow the team up, if that's what it takes to make us consistently competitive. This collection of role playing talent is as of right now largely under performing and OVERRATED! There I SAID IT!

Don't like what I have to say ... well y'all can just BITE ME! :D

Changes are and have to be coming VERY SOON .... otherwise this so-called promising season is lost.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to IT!

2. JD2010

JD2010 Member

Last night I decided to just look at box scores from now on until there is a trade.
    I've followed the Rockets for a while even when they were suck-ass.
    But man I can't take this **** anymore.

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

THe season looks lost already! Its going to take a new approach- no WIN NOW Scenario but building a team to develop chemistry and talent all with a goal to win a championship in three years, it will of course mean major changes in staff , coaches and players. :p

4. JD2010

JD2010 Member

or until they stop sucking to the point where you feel embarrased to say "I'm a rockets fan"

5. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

You must be really upset because I think you've posted some of this in another thread and you had to make this thread to let out the extra fumes.

Hahah I like this part. Quite an imagination. I feel your frustration, as do the rest of the members here. I'm sure some changes will be made in the coming weeks. When it happens, we should be on top again. As of now.. I'm gonna keep on watching the Suns and Denver game that we won so convincingly earlier this season (Thanks R2K!).

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm so pissed at Les for this. If he didn't know that this team has to have a "hands on" type of coach that constantly prods his players to do more then he has absolutely no idea of how to run a team.

I made mention of Adelman being a player's coach as a huge problem. Most members dismissed that but it can't be denied at this point. Our best player likes to half-ass everything unless he has someone playing mind games with him and forcing him to tap into his potential. JVG was that guy. I think it is sad that an NBA superstar needs to be encouraged and motivated like that but the fact remains that Tmac is that kind of player. JVG even made mention of this several times over the last few seasons.

Enter Rick Adelman and we have a guy who doesn't appear to hold any of the players personally accountable. He has also set a world record for the most "I don't know"s of any professional coach. In a perfect world, Rick could come in a just coach the Xs and Os of the game but with this team he needs to do so much more and he just doesn't seem up to the task. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure he came into this situation whole-heartedly. Maybe that is this team's biggest problem.

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Go away.

8. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

If you refuse to see what is ... IS arkoe then put me on your ignore list and live in denial of the fact that this team is winning more by accident rather than design. This team has totally lost its identity. We don't know how to play winning basketball collectively and we don't know how to close out quarters much less ... games. Those are the facts whether you choose to believe them or not.

9. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Man, normally I would hate threads like this one. They are so redundant and get nothing accomplished except allow the original poster to let off some steam and get everyone else riled up. However this thread is an exception. I love the humor. Thanks for being creative in your b**** session. More posters should learn from you.

10. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

u had it right the first time

11. poprocks

poprocks Member

Our new Motto shouldn't be "ITS TIME"

Here's what it should be.
    [​IMG]

ITS TIME TO STOP THE BLEEDING

<a href="" border="0" alt=""></a>

12. seanluu

seanluu Member

preach brotha preach!

13. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Ok, some of you all on here claim my rants are aimless and unwarranted. Ok, lets take a trip down memory lane ...

After the off season we had we were projected by the experts as a top 4 seeded team not in the WC but in the NBA! We currently are 12-12 and I frankly at this point wonder if we could beat Be Kind to Animals week powder puff girls much less the New Orleans Hornets ... Memphis Grizzlies! :mad:

All I say is first I get ripped for being a sunshine pumper supposedly, then I get ripped for attempting to be objective now ... WHAT? :confused:

How as a Rockets fan am I supposed to react after that pathetic performance vs the Mavs last night?

I mean surely y'all don't think this is OK, right?

The only way change comes is when the populace speaks out against the status quo. So, I'm doing my part and giving myself some recuperative therapy to boot. :D

14. Got Em

Got Em Member

"It's time to make changes via trades. It's time to stop getting owned by our intrastate dominatrix. It's time to do this, it's time to do that, blah blah blah, otherwise I'll never watch the Rockets again.."

Everyone on this board is saying the exact same thing over and over. If you guys are gonna be bandwagon fans, at least be more creative..

15. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

I agree. Not that I disagree with the thread starter, but there are 5 or 6 threads already stating the same thing.

16. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Have you bothered to even read my previous posts? I have been consistently objective and some would say border on "homer'. :rolleyes: I support my team good or bad? Usually I silently vent to myself or my friends or work out or punch a wall or find a quiet place in the wilderness and scream but after last night, I just couldn't take it anymore! Yao's a bummin' and T-Mac's a smilin'. WTF? :mad:

If our record was indicative of our level of talent and ability I wouldn't be SO angry but, c'mon were under performing it's not even a question!

How can someone smile after that excuse of a performance called a game? Like I said it appears at least one in the musical venacular that Yao's theme is Judas Priest's "Some Heads Are Gonna Roll" and T-Mac's theme is REM's "Shiny, Happy People." There's something wrong with that picture? If you say no then I seriously question if you are true Rockets fan.

I have been a Rockets fan since Hakeem was called Akeem with Ralph so don't EVER call me a bandwagon fan. Those are FIGHTING words! :mad:

17. Got Em

Got Em Member

This board is filled with fans that only stick by the team when they're doing well, or find scapegoats (eg- JVG, Adelman, Rafer, TMac) to blame.

Let's say for TMac, yes he started quitting on his teammates when he was in Orlando, and he smiles in the closing seconds of playoff games when his team his behind. Yes, we all know he lacks the competitive fire and leadership that we all look for in superstars.

Yes, we are underperforming this year.

Yes, we lost yet again to the Mavs.

Yes, we need to make changes to improve the team.

Everything everyone is saying (not just you) is just repetitive and typical. And people threatening to stop being fans if the Rockets don't improve really makes me doubt they are true fans. Honestly, I'm pretty sure team personnel wants their team to be as good as possible, whether they lose a couple bandwagon fans or not.

18. Got Em

Got Em Member

By the way, I was not directing that at you. What I meant to say was that what is obvious to us fans is even more obvious to team personnel. It doesn't have to be drilled down 10000x.

19. RoxBigFan

RoxBigFan Contributing Member

JVG is genius and he must have seen this coming. He quits on TMac before we know it.

20. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Winning by accident? That makes no sense at all.