1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC The Walking Dead] Season 7

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CallMeTheDream, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't have any delusions of a great ending.

Sometimes they have some good oh **** moments, but lately it's been turd after turd.

The quality is pretty much the same if you average them out by seasons, imo. 40% gimmicks (ie. lazy writing) and fillers. 40% character development by giving bad or worse choices. 20% good action.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, 14 years since "Love, Actually". Talking about 7 years "wasted".

[​IMG]

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yeah my wife has gotten to the same place.......

[​IMG]

I wouldn't be upset if it just ended either....

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Yep, I'm at that same place as all of you. I have no emotional attachments left with any of the characters. I want someone to die so SOMETHING happens.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Am I going to watch this tonight? Yep

Am I going to be throughly disappointed or bored? Probably

7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Tha f'in faq?

8. body slam

body slam Member

Not great, but bad either.

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Biggest waste of time ever. Not just this episode but the whole season.

And Dwight is easily my favorite character right now.

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Lamest episode in the history of television. So many plot holes and the sheer stupidity involved by all characters that you can't even begin to discuss.

I was just hoping everyone on all sides would just die already.

Gakatron likes this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Did it just end with rick getting kicked off the podium?

Really? Wheres the other half of the hour?

12. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

No, your DVR cut the rest of it off, most likely...

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Maybe my standards for this show have dropped too low, but I enjoyed this episode.

... but are we really gonna pretend Rick didn't just get shot point blank in the hip?

CallMeTheDream, tinman and kaleidosky like this.
  14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, I don't know if I can watch this season it's all dvr'd but I don't give a ****... I don't recall a show in recent memory where I have all this time invested and just lost interest. I am going to eventually fast fwd through it, and watch the highlights, hopefully season 8 is something to behold, but I am thinking they'll string this along as long as they can.

Like completely different show... But BrBa I felt good investing the time, and Saul coming back is exciting, but this needs to stick to what it is... Not soap opera with a side of zombie.. They can't maintain this like the comic can they?? I mean what're they going to do, have 14 seasons or something??

15. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Boy, did that suck.

16. jacoby

jacoby Member

The creators of the show came out and said they plan on the show running another 20 YEARS.

Also, no need to watch this season.

Here's what happened: The group prepared for a war with Negan.

There you go. Sorry for the spoilers.

heypartner, R0ckets03 and CCity Zero like this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It's time for AMC to blow this s$@* up. Do house cleaning with writers and show runners. Delay season 8. Announce an ending to the series at season 10. Shorten to 10 episodes a season. GTFO of Atlanta and shoot final season elsewhere. Such a stale looking show.

If they think they are going to continue on with this storyline in this setting with such poor writing and directing they are going to see tanking in their ratings.

Next season I surely won't be watching live and will prob do what I did this season and DVR and binge in an afternoon before the finale. Terrible what has happened to a show that has had so much promise at certain times.

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Thanks so much! Haha and no worries on spoilers :) so I didn't hallucinate on the 20 years part...??? WTH!!!

Do you think the show could make it indefinitely (another 20 seems like a crazy time sink)? I mean I know the show dipped some this season in viewers but it's still very popular and seems to print money for AMC etc.. I just think the dragging it out cheapens it, it's like a really really long movie (3+ hours that drags) that could have been great if they took that extra hour out or so. Obviously some movies are great that are long, I just feel this show is like some kind of purgatory or something (okay not that bad... But damn), it's like the Energizer Bunny of TV shows.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL...u didn't think the war was going to last ONE episode? LOL.

Um....After Negan is defeated in the comics....there is a Time jump.

If you REALLY don't want to know.................don't click

Negan doesn't die........Rick has to get to another place to spare him. It was never going to be one episode................Plus, Negan is will be important in the future....against another enemy.

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I started dvring season 7 and not even watching. Watched a few episodes 1-3 near live then just said "screw this", and watched midpoint finale and then DVRd all this 2nd half... I'm just not interested right now.. It used to be I looked forward to the story continuing. The show should just end with Rick waking up and it was some nightmare (the whole thing), like he was in a coma the whole time. Ultimate Troll, haha

I still need to watch one of the suggested episodes HP recommended to me, just been busy though.