1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC The Walking Dead] Season 7

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CallMeTheDream, Jul 24, 2016.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

on the aftershow carl said that his character was on a suicide mission...he was going to kill negan and expected to be killed himself. thats not how it came off though. he killed two and then hesitated. in the comics he kills at least a dozen before he is subdued.

other than that, this episode followed the comics pretty closely and it was better for it.

the guy who plays negan was on howard stern last week. he has an interesting story. he is from seattle area and was friends with alice and chains and mother love bone (pre-pearl jam). was a painter and played college basketball. now owns a farm in upstate new york where he takes in rescue farm animals and owns a candy store with paul rudd.

#341 jo mama, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Invisible Fan and Torn n Frayed like this.
  2. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If I were rick, id set up a clandestine group whose only job is to take out saviors and sabotage known savior routes, CIA/Jason Bourne style. IED here, high value assassination there. whittle em down.

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

ya but if he did that then the would have to end. still got 10 episodes left.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has a way of talking that could get annoying in time.
    Yep, Negan is also a blabbermouth next to being the most dangerous man alive.

He fills half an episode just talking. They don't want to cut him yet.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is about the only thing interesting about the show now

Rocket River

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

yeah these mugs lost it. all negan does is talk. "easy peazy lemon squeezy" wtf was that? jesus christ, get the **** off that ****. they should do a whole episode of them tlaking about absolutely nothing.

"rick, before i bash your head, im gonna talk you to death for about 5-10 hours. by then i wont need lucille but she doesnt care"

ubigred likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, I'm kind of not about him either. King of pee-pee game dialogue. Good enough actor, but... meh.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Coral not shooting Negan was another shark jumping in a very long line of shark jumpings.

Please, Negan, kill all of these idiots and save this show.

Also, stop talking in 3 part cadences. Well LA de DAH. LOOK at THIS. HOW bout THAT.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz. How about LEMONADE? Take YOUR time. Make it GOOD. Lucille's getting THIRSTY.

10. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I do think this was the episode where he took that cadence trick too far, was used at least 5 times.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

The cadence thing got annoying very early on......Jeffery Dean Morgan is doing his best with it but it just makes him sound silly.

The whole Negan set up is kind of WTF to. Nobody seems to like Negan but nobody will kill him, at least give him a strong inner circle that protects him from the general people........

ubigred and R0ckets03 like this.
  12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It's pretty sickening that there are internet trolls out there fat shaming the woman who plays Tara. She just had a baby for crying out loud.

There really are people on the Internet that all they do is live to troll others over stupid things. I guess they hope if they troll enough...they can cause others to just kill themselves by shaming them into worthlessness. One can only gather that these trolls have a lot of insecurities themselves. How do you feel better about yourself by knocking down others from behind a keyboard? It really is stupid.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Watched the last 3 episodes in one sitting. Negan character is getting boring to me.

ubigred likes this.
  14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm not sure but I'm thinking Javier Bardem would have been a better Negan. I haven't read the comics but I've seen the character in the comics. I understand he has a sick sense of humor in the way he goes about his business. But, I'm starting to think that Morgan's Negan is a little too over the top...at least for my tastes. I know in general the character is over the top. I guess I would have liked to see what Javier did in the role after his work in "No Country for Old Men". At a minimum, I think his larger build more closely resembles the comic book character's build. Morgan's all out comedian-style representation of Negan is maybe what is intended but I think it would work better with more seriousness to the character. He just feels too aloof.

ubigred likes this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

For me, hasn't done enough to show why his people are so scare and loyal to him. The character itself looks too weak, physically with no amazing skill set, and just not very convincing. They do all these character developments in the past, but they haven't done anything for Negan. No history of how he got to be where he is, or why people should be scare and yet loyal to him.

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

well LA DE DA! look-EY HERE! EASY PEAZY LEMON SQUEEZY! would you like to meet lucille? she knows best! yuppdity do da!

ubigred likes this.
  17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

the show pisses me off sometimes, but i'm still enjoying it

the iron face scene was well done, looked nasty

18. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Javier Bardem can't speak English well enough to play the character.

19. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Didn't Dwight in that Daryl episode said to the guy (the one that ran away from the compound) : "Do you remember what it was like before Negan arrived here and how it is now? We were losing, we are winning now." I think it was basically stating that they had no leader to help lead the group and Negan made some of their lives better, albeit at other people's expanse.

Dwight don't truely believe in that himself, but I think most of the scumbags there do believe that. They were probably barely getting by and now they live like "kings" as Negan would say.

20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

compared to the comics he is actually playing him down quite a bit.

i read that he was modeled after henry rollins (who apparently auditioned for the role), which makes a lot of sense. he is this hyper-caffinated, animated, unpredictably outrageous psychotic meat-head (no offense to hank!)

the part where his henchman brought him lucille and neagan asked if he treated her like a lady and rubber her p***y then says "bats dont have p*****s"...right out of the comic...even the look of confusion on the henchman...one of the more faithful scenes to the source material.

i did not like morgan at first b/c i thought he was playing him too serious, but the last few episodes he is really coming into the part and making it his own.

for me, the perfect actor to play him would have been rob riggle...he is physically imposing former marine and usually plays characters that are on the edge and can snap at any moment. he is funny, but you are still scared that he might punch you in the face.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#360 jo mama, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016