1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amare: Knicks should take me over Bosh

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by smoothie, May 29, 2009.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

link

May 29, 2009
    Amare: Knicks should take me over Bosh
    By MARC BERMAN

CHICAGO - Here in Chicago waiting for the next wave of potential first-rounders to fill into The Westin for the final media availability..

Back in New York, ESPN Radio's Brandon Tierney had Amare Stoudemire on this morning and reiterated remarks about his desire to play for Mike D'Antoni in 2010 while boasting about being better than Chris Bosh. Stoudemire told The Post similar stuff during All-Star Weekend.

When Tierney asked Stoudemire if he's better than Bosh, the Suns forward said, "Oooh man, are you kidding me? Ask Chris Bosh that question."

So that's a yes?

"No doubt about it, I'm better than Chris Bosh"

"How serious will you consider the Knicks in 2010"?

"I will be totally serious about that, I spent a lot of my childhood there, I have a connection with the state, and I also love the entire coaching staff"

" I think Coach D'Antoni's doing a phenomenal job with the Knicks, NY's a great city, I follow them closely."

Bosh or Stoudemire? Your call.

if i were the suns i would trade him this summer before he walks in 2010. trade him to the knicks for a resigned nate robinson, ending contracts to even out the salaries, and a pair of first rounders. maybe this years and next.

2. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think Bosh is a better player than Amare but Amare is definitely a better fit for the Knicks...as long as Dantoni's around.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Wow this mutha fukka is cocky as hell! :eek:

Don't get me wrong, confidence is GREAT, but this is borderline Ocho-Cinconess. (new word)

4. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Amare's pretty arrogant for someone who doesn't play a lick of defense. There's also no Steve Nash on the Knicks.

5. Asian Sensation

Arrogant? Check
    Cocky? Check
    Pompous? Check
    Better than Bosh? not really.... pretty much a tossup I'd say.

6. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Yeah, he will be traded alright. I thought it was going to happen this season but now next season is almost a sure thing. My guess is a one-year rental to Cleveland and then he jumps ship to NYC (perhaps along with Lebron?)

All the anticipated wheelin' and dealin' should make for a very interesting next season...

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Robinson back to the team that drafted him, and all the analyst thought he was a perfect fit for the system they ran, but he ended up playing for Dantoni anyways in NY. Oh the irony that would be.

8. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Not a big fan of both but gotta agree with Amare. Bosh sucks, he's one of the most overrated player in NBA.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Amare needs to be with a good disciplinarian coach. Someone like Popavich could really mold him into something special. Bosh is soft so I agree.

10. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

I know it's the Knicks...but still, GMs aren't that stupid! C'mon!

You think they're going to trade their current "face of the franchise" for a guy who said he wants to be with the Knicks in 2010 anyways? Why would they trade anybody for Amare if they're going to get him for free later?

11. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Amare is an injury-prone locker room cancer who doesn't play D. Chris Bosh still has a lot of upside and is a better outside shooter.

12. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

The same old gifted but not so smart Amare.

You don't get a great price by sticking a "sale" sign on your forehead.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I would probably take Amare over Bosh if personality didn't come into play. To me, Bosh is so overrated it's not even funny. I like the guy and like his effort but I just don't believe he is a guy who can be the best player on a good team. I doubt Amare can either but Bosh doesn't create the match-up nightmare that Amare does for other teams. Only D'Antoni knows if he can coach Amare again but if he thinks he can this is a no-brainer.

The real question for Bosh is if he can be a great 2nd banana on a team with a real franchise player. Much like Gasol has become with Kome.

14. foodworld

foodworld Member

Amare's personality is a nightmare. Bosh's game has serious limitations, and he seems rather sensitive, but he is not likely to torpedo a franchise. Amare destroyed his team's chemistry this season.

15. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

What an idiot...

Seriously I hope Morey still doesn't have interest in acquiring Amare now.

16. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

The man has a tattoo on his neck that says "Black Jesus"...can you honestly take him seriously after that?

17. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Your statement is based on what?

Check out 82games.com, Amare is better than Bosh both inside and outside.

18. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Well, not right now... but I could definitely see a Nash-D'Antoni reunion in NYC. Amare would love to be a part of that.

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I want Amare badly but if he's as dead set on playing in NY with D'Antoni as he seems the Suns might as well do themselves and everybody else a favor by trading Amare to NY right now rather than risk letting him walk for nothing.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So he can't wait to get back to D'Antoni's system that made him the superstar people thought he was? Make sense.