1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

All Star Game Ballotting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kent335, Nov 15, 2012.

Tags:
  1. kent335

kent335 Member

allstarballot.nba.com

Cast your ballot for All Star above. You can vote daily. I've already voted for all 4 Rocket players, and I will be doing so every day!

2. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

I pray to god Lin doesn't get in. For his sake :p

3. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Can u imagine the outcry if gets in on 8 pts and 5 assists? He might fake an injury just to not show up to the game and save the NBA/Houston some face.

4. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Just to clarify, I like Lin but the pressure and media attention it'll generate if he makes it will be crazy. I think it'll hurt him more than the experience of being there.

Sorta like Yao in the first year but for Yao the argument was at least plausible.

5. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

If Lin continues with these stats, and makes the all star team, it will be unprecedented. With Yao it wasn't whether he should be an all star but whether he should have started over Shaquille. He is going to put up historically bad stats for an all star WHO HAS NO track record! They would have to come up with some Jeremy Lin exclusion rule for all future all star games. Linsanity-I was for the NY performance; linsanity-II was the free agent signing; and linsanity-III will be the all star game outcry. CBS should wait till the all star weekend to his special.

6. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I am a lin fan, but for lin's sake, please dont vote him. You can still vote for harden and asik.

7. pnr

pnr Member

hes gonna get in. i just hope he improves his stats before the game.

8. kent335

kent335 Member

Stop with the hate for Lin. The fans decide who are the starters, and I want to see him start, along with the other Rocket players. I pay money to see my favorite NBA players, and this is a way of telling the NBA who I want to see.

9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I'm voting all 4 Rockets and Scola.

10. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I am a lin fan, how can I hate him? I believe that lin himself does not want to be voted in. He is just not 100% back yet, but he will be. He is not interested in any spotlight right now as some other players are.

11. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

It's not hate; he doesn't deserve to go if we're basing it on performance. You have every right to vote for whomever you'd like to see, but it doesn't change the fact that there are at least 15 guards just in the West who deserve to start over him.

12. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Make sure to vote for Royce so he doesn't have a panic attack.

13. JorgePenha

JorgePenha Member

Til december

Lin will be traded for a team that requires a playmaker PG.

And his stats can increase till the All Star.

14. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Disagree. There are not 15 point guards in the west who are better than him even right now .

15. pnr

pnr Member

Name them.

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

The All Star games have absolutely nothing to do with merit though so I don't understand why all of a sudden Lin is being held to a different standard. Actually I do understand & I am not surprised at all which is sad to say.

The Clippers have Chauncey & Grant on the All star ballot I believe & they aren't even healthy & won't be healthy until December. And Jamal Crawford & DeAndre Jordan are currently healthy & playing well.

The games are a popularity contest always have been always will be that is why there is a fan vote for the starters. Fans vote for there favourite player not who they think deserves it. Did Roy Hibbert deserve to be an all star last year after Tyson Chandler had just come off winning an NBA title?

David Stern himself said it was a popularity contest & yet with Lin he is the only person where fans start talking about him not being deserving of it. But when Blake Griffin is a starter over Kevin Love & Rondo isn't even voted into the games or selected by coaches everyone is quiet. I find the double standard all very funny & sad.

17. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Despite being a fan of the Rockets, I only voted for Harden. The others don't deserve it now and probably won't have much better numbers by February. I don't care about popularity, the best playerse should get in period.

18. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Relax my friends, the ASG is not until February. Lin would be much improved by then. Feel free to vote or not vote for him, but don't base it on his scores in the past few games.

If it's about his confidence, I think it'll only hurt his confidence more if he's not voted in.

EVERYONE PLEASE AT LEAST VOTE FOR ASIK!!!!

19. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

Kobe Bryant
    Chris Paul
    James Harden
    OJ Mayo
    Jamal Crawford
    Damian Lillard
    Kevin Martin
    Mike Conley
    Mo Williams
    Goran Dragic
    Stephen Curry
    Jeff Teague
    Russell Westbrook

Are all putting up better numbers and value than Lin this year and half of them don't deserve to be All-Stars.

20. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

And this is just in the West.