1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aggie Corps starting fights again??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Free Agent, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Have you confessed to everything you have ever done in a moment of poor judgment? If you say yes not only will I call you sarcastic...but a liar as well.

2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Like when you guys did your cheers at Tech after you lost and the game was over? OR when Major McKinney hit a fellow Ag (who happened to be black) for trying to get back in the stands?

From what I've seen, read and heard of the cadets, punching a fan in the face isn't their style. Now, drawing their sabre on an SMU cheerleader while their team is getting their redasses handed to them is.

Another quote from an Aggie site. This is the state of your life/alma mater, refman. You already know the truth, but I guess you're plaing the role of a lawyer who will never admit defeat.

I'm gonna ask you again. Kyle Field is not a memorial. This has been confirmed by the campus police, Wally Groff (your AD), and 98 % of your student body. What the fock was the corp cadet defending when he took the cheapshot at the NU fan? ALl the NU fan was doing was congratulating his 5-3 team for beating another 5-3 team. Who knows, he may have been related to someone on the team.

Also, integrity check. Shouldn't this "future general" be accountable for his actions? You hit the guy from behind, now let's acquire some integrity and admit to doing so.

3. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Taking what you had coming to you?

Since when is running onto Kyle field punishable by cheap shots to the back of the head by someone who doesn't even have the job to keep spectators off the field?

I can't believe you're DEFENDing this. . .

This is why people think Aggies are a bunch of crazy-ass cult members, hitting someone for running on the field, and then having the rest of the redass Aggies frickin' defend them for it. Ridiculous.

4. gr8-1

The sad thing is, 200 cadets had (not for the first time) embarassed a proud university of 48,000. You've clicked the link Refman, your fellow Ags are appalled and embarassed. I'm shocked that you aren't.

So help me God, if the Ags manage to win in Austin T + 1 and their fans decide to rush the field, as pissed as I am, I won't stop any of them. I'm gonna leave that job to the campus security that is paid and assigned to do their job. It is not the corps job to defend the field.I

This Aggie speaks for 99% of Aggies. What is wrong with you, Refman?

#44 gr8-1, Oct 31, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2002
  5. Refman

Case in point...
    As a 19 year old sophomore I went to an Aggie football game against LSU in Baton Rouge. At the time it was an annual game and was highly anticipated. On my way into the studium I was accosted by every drunken LSU fan in sight.

I went to the game...I cheered...I had a good time. I supported my team as vocally as anybody. I got beer poured on me from the deck above...all that stuff.

We won. I didn't even consider going onto the field. I left the studium...got in my car with my friends...and drove back to Texas.

Had I gone onto the field knowing LSU's reputation for fans throwing beer bottles and other assorted things at visiting fans...I wouldn't have looked to sue later.

6. Refman

Can I have your poll data?

I'd be pissed if they did. That's not what being a visitor is all about.

I was VERY angry at the 2 or 3 students several years ago who deided to deface the field at Texas. THAT is what embarrassed me.

Those students didn't do anything outside of their license (ticket) to be in the stands.

I am a lawyer...I don't just play one on the BBS. :)

Not likely. People who are related to team members generally aren't that exuberant.

Look...I don't advocate what was done. I just don't think people should be looking to make a Federal case out of it. This is not the behavior that I would exhibit...and I wouldn't advise anybody else to exhibit it either. I just think it's stupid to do something knowing what may happen and then b**** when it does.

7. gr8-1

Click the link. IMO, the internet has fans that are diehard and also more tempermental then regular fans. But, texags.com is a very anti-Longhorn site and a very Pro-Ag site. I don't have the time or the energy to run a survey through Bryan-College station, but I know enough to know that the Corp embarasses plenty of Ags. You can call me on my 99% hperbole, but I think you know as well as I do that alot of Ags do not support the acts of the Corp. To many, they are an embarrassment to the university.

It would be disrespectful, but no reason to hit a guy from behind. As mad as I would be if atm, by some miracle, beats UT at DKR, I would leave the stadium. IF the Ags wanna rush the field (which I doubt), let them. If they want to desecrate the field (which I doubt and I also doubt that was the NU fan's intent), I would let the law handle it.

Don't remember that. Last time atm won at DKR, I wasn't in school.

Never read the fine print on my ticket, so how long am I allowed to stay in the stands? Incidentally, what is the punishment for "running" on the field? A 3 hour stay in jail and a misdemeanor charge or a shot to the back of my head from a sore loser corp guy? My visitor ticket at Kyle never specifies.

For that reason, I expected more from you. Your felllow Ags seemed to be more reasonable and level-headed on this topic. Donde esta pinche DCKid?

Explain that to Seth and Steve McKinney's dad. He was swinging his binoculars at anything wearing Tech paraphenelia or anything not white in Lubbock last year. I've got pictures.

Yes, you did. Read your first few posts; before you edit them.

Noone here has. We've all just stated how stupid and ill-mannered the cadet acted, like his predeccessors.
    agreed....
    I think it's safe for me to speak for most everyone here, we wouldn't either. Violence is rarely the answer.

Only, from what I know, violence is not the end result at any other school with the exception of ATM. If I were a student at NMSU and we upset Michigan or Texas, I would probably rush the field. What I wouldn't expect is some guy to hit me in the back of the head while I jog onto the field. Is that not a reasonable expectation?

Here's the thing. I can quote both atm and nu students/fans who say that this shined a horrible light on TAMU. Violence is not expected at football games, unless you are playing atm, apparently.

#47 gr8-1, Oct 31, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2002
  8. Refman

I have visited texags.com MANY times (big shock, eh? :) ) and it is frequented by a lot of Ags...and a lot of trolls who go there to stir up crap.

In 1994 a couple of A&M students broke into the stadium the night before the game and cut the horns out of the middle of the field. All over the A&M campus people were trying to figure out who did it so we could turn them in. To the best of my knowledge they were never found. Myself and ALL of my friends were pissed.

Until security tells you that they're closing the stadium and that you need to leave.

Criminal trespass. It is a Class B misdemeanor punishable by a $2,000 fine and/or 180 days in jail.

I'm a lawyer...not perfect. We all have things to which we may react in a manner many view to be extreme.

THAT is embarrassing.

Reference the beer bottle example I posted about LSU. even though I didn't have a problem, I had friends who actually had beer bottles thrown at them. Fortunately, no real damage was done.

Another example...A&M was playing at home against Kansas State. My friend and I went to the restroom before the game. I finished and went outside to wait. My friend (5'6", 150lbs) comes out followed by 2 guys about 6 feet tall. They were harrassing my friend and threatening to beat him up. They stopped when I (6'5", 240) and my other friend (6'2", 225) intervened.

Don't act like A&M has a corner on the market of college students acting the fool.

9. Elliott03

Elliott03 Member

GiG em' aggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Elliott03

Elliott03 Member

WOW, let me find bad stuff about UT students and make a huge deal out of it:rolleyes:

11. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Go ahead. I won't defend their actions.

12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Sorry for the hyperbole. I should realize after what Smeg went through in the Rockets forum tonight that this board has problems with sarcasm. :rolleyes:

13. Refman

You mean like when they stole Rev out of a cadet's backyard during Christmas break?

14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Let's not forget who started all this prank stuff, now, a long time ago Refman.

Remember 13-0 Branded on our mascot? And it's subsquent name of Bevo.

That said, I don't condone actions like these at any university, especially UT. And for the most part both aggie and longhorn fans are pretty classy.

15. Refman

You got a new name for your mascot out of the deal. Besides...don't they feed their mascot to the team when it comes time to slaughter? I PROMISE you'll NEVER see that at A&M. :D

16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

They don't feed Bevo to the team, they put him out to pasture, lol.

Plus, it's tough to eat a collie dog now isn't it, Refman :)

17. Refman

One of my high school friends that went to school at Texas told me that...I never knew whether or not to believe that. I always thought that sounded suspect but didn't feel like arguing with him about it. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

18. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I don't know. I always heard that Taco Bell's meat was dog meat, and damn do I love Taco Bell.

19. Refman

(shudder)

20. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

What the aggies have done over the years to opponents who venture on their field is embarrassing for their institution. They can rationalize it all they want, but it won't change other people's perceptions about it. Actions like these by a few but defended by many creates and perpetuates the university's image.

That said, they're certainly not the only school with embarrassing traditions. But I don't know of any other 'traditions' like this that are defended so vehemently.