1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Affordable Care Act vs Obamacare

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Feb 8, 2017.

1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Correct.
    You shouldn't want to go to the free clinics, they are just what would be available at no additional cost. You would still be welcome to purchase private coverage on the open market with access to the existing health care system, just like before the PPACA. The free clinics would be a new, alternative health care system that is available to everyone, but would primarily be intended to service those who could not or would not purchase private coverage.
    They may, in the same way that publicly funded schools compete with privately funded schools for educators, non-profits compete with for profit concerns for employees, etc. They will have less compensation, but would offer the opportunity to serve the poor, underserved, etc.
    They may have state of the art equipment, if it is donated or within their budget. They may have to make due with lesser equipment.
    You get what you pay for.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Thanks for providing the sources. Of course, you had to include the dick remark, but guess that was expected.

Regarding pre-existing conditions... excluding coverage for pre-existing conditions eliminates plans.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

This post....is why Republicans are the party of the Rich and Well-off. If you are middle class or poor, "**** you".

larsv8 likes this.
  4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Rand Paul's
    Patient Freedom Act (Bill Cassidy and Susan Collins)
    Jeff Flake and DAvid Brat's
    Paul Ryan's

go look them up yourselves. You liberals are so ****ing lazy..

I don't know what this means. are you asking which plan i support? why would that matter? you don't know me.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The people really hurt are not the poor. Since if you are poor in most states not including Texas you can get medcaid. Whom it really hurts are the people between middle class and and poor. Most people get our insurance through our employer, but if you don't have employer covered healthcare and have some preexisting condition you are screwed. The old system before Obamacare was not working either. Costs kept growing too much.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which is preferable to a system that leads to no plans when it collapses like Obamacare is set to. Sometimes "free stuff" has to go by the wayside in order to get a workable plan.

7. dmoneybangbang

lol that's a ton? You used hyperbole making it seem like a lot of plans when you could have said 4 "plans". That's on you for being misleading.

Not a liberal, I'm a pragmatic. Get it right son.

Because you sure have a strong opinion, which plan do you support?

8. dmoneybangbang

Let's see what Trump's plan is after promising something bigger and cheaper than ACA.

9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Yes, less costs, more coverage, more people insured, I am sure the president will deliver. Kellyanne Conways says so.

10. dmoneybangbang

They will get killed in 2018 with that attitude and policies.

11. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

My bet is they will just repeal without replacement before 2018, we will see how angry the people who lost coverage are.

12. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

So all I see from Republican proposals are selling across state lines, removing any and all federal mandates on insurance companies and expanded HSAs.

For state lines, three states in the US already allow out of state policies. Guess how many out of state insurance companies have offered plans in those states? Plans require networks in individual states. An out of state insurance company isn't in a position to create a network if it has no customers to use as leverage in pricing discussions. It's a stupid idea that has already been proven to be worthless and yet Republicans are still peddling this like its some sort of godsend for consumers.

As for HSAs, that's also absurd. People are awful at planning and saving money. This just comes across as a nice tax cut for the wealthy since any health care spending becomes tax deductible and a terrible idea for people who aren't in a position to save any money. But I suppose that fits with the general Republican attitude towards social policy.

The Collins plan takes the absurdity of optional Medicaid expansion and expands it to the entirety of the ACA. Enjoy watching Republican state governments opt out just out of spite like they did with Medicaid expansion even though that Medicaid expansion saved them money. If you're going to do an opt in/opt out plan, expand Medicaid for everyone. Create a national joint federal/state version of Medicaid which gives states freedom to determine funding and benefits with the feds paying for 50% of the program (like they do with Medicaid). If states want to be dumb and opt out of that, then have at it. But that's better than an opt in/opt out of the ACA.

13. MexAmercnMoose

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

if i list 4 more then do i meet your requirements? you give me ****ing homework and then b**** when i dont do enough work for you? you arent paying me. i dont work for u. you want more republican plans go look them up yourself. i was kind enough to do 4 for you.

i said liberal i meant twat.

Again. you don't know me. not sure why you care. go read previous posts. I am not gonna spend time looking up more plans for you cause you are too lazy and im not gonna repeat posts for you because you are too lazy.

15. dmoneybangbang

You're the one who used a "a ton".... with 248 republicans in just the House seems like at least 16 plans would qualify as a "ton".

Rough day in Trump land eh?

That Conway looks worn out.

I am asking what plan you support.... is it safe to assume you haven't read any....?

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I can't wait until we get rid of Obamacare so that the ACA can do what it's meant to do.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Pre-existing condition? "****'em, let them die...". The Republican plan.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, yeah because that's exactly what was happening before Obamacare.....people just dead in the streets everywhere. It's WAY too soon to be trying to re-write history.

If you tell insurance companies they can't factor in pre-existing conditions then you jack up the price for literally everyone....and even then you might get to a point where they pull out of the market altogether as has happened with Obamacare.

Also with your "**** them, let them die" comment, you seem to be confusing insurance with healthcare. That's okay, Democrats confuse the two all the time, but it's just simply not the case. People get health care no matter what so your "let them die" comment is either laughably inaccurate intentionally or it's that way accidentally. I'm not sure which would be worse.

19. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Yes, my plan which literally gives free healthcare to the poor is the **** poor people plan.

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

So if everyone is already getting healthcare, why don't you support a Universal plan?