1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A lot of guys are eating crow tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Jan 7, 2019.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I read so many posts of negativity lately from people giving up on PJ lately I had to speak up today. I wasn't about to give up on one of our best corner 3 threats just because he had a 5 game slump. I said he needs to shoot more, not less, and he will get it back. Boy did he!!!! What a game!! I mean 4 steals, 2 blocks and seven 3's!!!!!!!!!! That's what I'm talking about!!!!

People, we have a lot of talent on this team. I said earlier today that a one man show is not the answer, and that James taking 67 shots in 2 games was not the way to win. I said James needs to feed the ball more to the open man, keep up the pace, and that if we pass the ball around more and play team ball we can beat anybody. I was called delusional, but tonight we did that, and beat the best team in the NBA without CP3 and EGO.

People were ready to tank this season early in the year. They were all ready to just give up. I've said it before and I'll say it again, negativity serves no purpose. We need to support and believe in our guys!!! We can't give up on them when they hit a slump, or start I hate threads. Positivity and encouragement go a long way.

This is the year all our dreams come true!!! I believe in this team. Do you?

#1 deb4rockets, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Raider17, vince, Omihall23 and 35 others like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This thread is not spicy enough. I need you to @ the perpetrators and I need the receipts.

3. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Ahhhhh, honestly, there are too many, and I am too lazy. Wanna help me with that? If not, maybe somebody else will.

Lawlruschang, Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You just took a huge dump on a few posters that said Tucker is tired and they're the negative ones? Most people love Tucker. I feel like you're amplifying the negative here.

vince, s3ts, BleedsRocketRed and 7 others like this.
  5. AB423

AB423 Member

Ahahaha exactly what i was thinking!

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

No, I was referring to the ones who didn't want to see him shoot and gave up on him already.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

spice levels rising.. not registering on the scoville scale, but my tongue is tingling..

Os Trigonum, topfive, LFE171 and 3 others like this.
  8. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I know, which is a tiny negative minority that you made a whole thread about. If you're such a big believer in spreading positivity, that doesn't make any sense. It is the definition of spreading negativity. The gigantic majority of posters love Tucker and his game and are happy that he had a bounce back game. You could be celebrating Tucker's resurgence here rather than taking shots and reminding people of the negativity.

9. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

You're right and it's a wonderful thread.

BUT - I hate reading this from someone who really over the top bashed certain players in threads in the past...
    How much crow have you willingly eaten regarding James Harden?

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Got no dog in this fight but just to clarify, OP’s point isn’t about people being negative or spreading negativity. If that were the case your issue would be valid. OP’s main point is about Tucker’s performance and some posters doubting him. If you want to say the OP should just focus on Tucker’s game and less on what posters think about his game that’d be fine too. But i don’t think the OP’s post is as hypocritical as you make it out to be. Just sayin....

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

This post was about a lot more than Tucker. It was about the negativity period, the I hate threads, the we won't win posts, the we need to tank the season posts, and just nasty things some say. Some is the key word. Yes, thank goodness it's only a few, and those need to eat some crow.

BaselineFade likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

This post was about a lot more than Tucker. It was about the negativity period, the I hate threads, the we won't win posts, the we need to tank the season posts, and just nasty things some say. Some is the key word. Yes, thank goodness it's only a few, and those need to eat some crow.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

I miss Don D :

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm seeing double now and I'm not drinking.

D-rock, Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

16. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Ok, I'm just saying don't focus so much on the negative.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahahahahahahah!

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yes, you got it. That's what I'm saying. Go Rockets!!!

20. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I think it's a double standard. Saying other people are negative, is inherently negative. Those people were saying Tucker is negative, and saw themselves as simply pointing it out too.

Also, there is no such thing as positivity without negativity, just like there is no good without evil or winning without losing or richness without poverty. There is absolutely a purpose for negativity both existentially and practically. To make this even more complex, all positive thoughts have underlying negative intentions and all negative thoughts have underlying positive intentions - it's not black and white. Which becomes very important when you realize you cannot reliably be the judge of such a complex ideological structure as what is negative (usually blamed on others) and positive (usually attributed to self or mirror-image of self).

But that's for another thread, on another board. Anyway. I'm just saying we don't have to badmouth people to celebrate Tucker's game. I think that's fair.