1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

A fascinating statistic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theimpossibles1, Nov 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. theimpossibles1

So after last nights drubbing I took to the computer and did hours of statistical analysis. Then I plugged those stats into advanced mathematical formulas and finally came up with this intriguing result:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Im convinced he just sucks

plays way too soft

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

No graphs?

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we have a lot of problems all over the place from the coach's inability to make in-game adjustments (other than going smallball) to shocking lack of depth at every position to flawed superstars who cannot make shots between 23 and 5 feet from the rim. but yeah, dmo has no business playing in this league and needs to be gone. nice guy, but he really is hopeless.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'm glad that clutchfans has found their new whipping boy.

6. theimpossibles1

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Pretty sure the more most back ups play, the more teams lose. That's why they back up..

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We have at least one whipping boy every year. This year it's DMo. Yay!

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I know , its unfortunate that a promising player like D-mo gets so much flak. I mean we are 9-2 is a whipping boy really needed at this point . Its even funnier when the said target really had minimal negative impact of the game.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Speights doing fine for GSW while Lee is down.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

man i was hoping we'd nab speights the past few years. unfortunately he doesn't fit in w/ morey's 3pt shooting offense.

12. theimpossibles1

Go re-watch the first 5-10 minutes of the game. Every time he touched the ball he turned it over or killed the movement. His suck factor was too much for the other starting 4 to make up for, and the deficit the starters created was too much for the bench to make up for.... Who knows how this game would have gone if we could have made one or two more baskets or one or two less turnovers in the opening minutes.

13. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I find myself forgetting he's 7 foot sometimes. Because he just doesn't play like a big man. Dude is soft as ****.

14. newAge_Rockets

Neither does D Mo. I damn near throw up every time he tries to shoot a 3 pointer!

15. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

This is so brilliant I'd make it my wallpaper if it didn't depress me so much.

16. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Even more so than how D Mo is not playing particularly well, the real problem with this team is that he, even playing badly, is still our best option at the PF while Jones is out.

That is sad.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think his detractors would be able to stomach his minutes on the court a lot easier if he would just stop shooting 3's. better yet, stop standing on the perimeter at all and instead cut thru the lane or weave from sideline to sideline. anything beats watching him clank 7 out of 8 per week from behind the arc…ughh

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The only differences between D-Mo and Thabet are :

- one is a top 3 bust and the other is a mid round scrub.
    - one does not know how to shoot and the other also does not know how to shoot but likes to shoot.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Go back to Lithuania DOF.
    We don't need any more player only fans here.

No polish. No skill.
    He plays like a scrub picked up off the streets. His only redeeming quality is his hustle and we can get that from anyone we pick up that is desperate to get into the NBA.

#19 RedRedemption, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  20. delishman

delishman Member

He is active, very active. I would be optimistic if this were his first year but its not and I do not see any development out of him.