1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

48 Minutes of Small Ball = NBA Finals!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

What a genius coach we have who figured out that the missing link to the Finals is playing James Harden at center. Heard the very tall Lakers are freaking out at the thought of playing our small ball lineup in the playoffs.

Jontro, Lawlruschang and ak99999 like this.
  2. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Hilarious dwarf squat gonna scare away giants
    Thats our tricky wicky scheme

………………

3. BigBum

BigBum Member

Start from 2nd round of playoffs, everyone plays defense.

tonight is not the best example.

DeBeards likes this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

Zion is going to feast on Sunday. He’s a load for bigger players.

BigShasta and DeBeards like this.
  5. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

MDA is horribly wrong and we as fans will suffer again in the playoffs because of it. There is a reason he has never been to the Finals. Anthony Davis and Lebron, along with McGhee, and Howard and Kuzma will absof$&@“lutely destroy this small ball crap. MDA is an awful coach!!!

ak99999 and BigBum like this.
  6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden won a jump ball against Porzingis. That was the moment I started to believe in Small Ball.

gotsis, Jontro, Lawlruschang and 13 others like this.
  7. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

14 rebounds

Lawlruschang likes this.
  8. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Sf is weak, put James there. maybe they dont want harden to shoot 3 and make inaccuracy shot so move him near the rim

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There is no use even complaining about it anymore. MDA out here operating like a showrunner that has been told his show has been cancelled. He has jumped the shark. He's about to do whatever he wants to do and that's roll with everyone 6'6" and under.

Now I'm thinking MDA deliberately played Clint on a bad heel and froze out Hartenstein so this scenario would occur. This is heaven for him.

10. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

harden can play 4 and 5 positions

11. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

You’ve convinced me......Harden is the best center since Hakeem Olajuwon!

seclusion and Lurch like this.
  12. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

bucks loses to Denver seems they afraid tall ball, anyway just get into final first

13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

He is on his revenge tour I guess. My fear is that he re-signs with us for another three years. Never say never. All it takes is for him to take the cheaper offer that Tillman made prior to this season. I can’t take 3 more years of small ball!!!

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If MDA wins the title playing all 6'0 players, sign him for the next decade.

MDA has done some pretty wild **** and some of it has worked. I hate it, but maybe he has something here and we just don't know it yet.

Russ is free to be in the paint all he wants. No TO's to stone handed centers and all the 3 point shooters and rebounds he can handle.

#14 DreamShook, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We've performed no worse with small ball than without, so even though I'm not a fan of the physical toll it takes on players, it's fine for now. The big problem is that it has surely emboldened MDA to think that our struggles have been due to him not going with his small ball "instinct".

MDA's entire career is defined by exhausted performances to end important series. I hoped that the trauma of 2 seasons ago would force a change in his mentality last season, but it didn't happen then and it won't happen now. I don't care if it's small ball or tall ball, just preserve your 2-3 main closers for the playoffs. Give them a chance to kick it up a gear.

16. SemisolidSnake

I'm glad we won. James and Russ both put up fantastic numbers. But one win in the regular season with a short team tells one absolutely nothing about a seven-game series in the playoffs.

My hope right now is that Russ is going to be this X-factor in the playoffs that the team has completely lacked up to this point, and that's going to somehow makes things work where they haven't worked in the past. But playoff success is never going to come from MDA and anything he does with team composition. If anything, his decisions will probably be a millstone the team has to drag along. The playoffs are a whole other animal, and it's going to be up to Harden and Westbrook to make it happen. The did that tonight, and that's why the team won.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro...how do you think they got the space to operate...especially Westbrook? I mean cmon...you act like weve never won playoff series with Dantoni.

18. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Dream would have feasted with this lineup down in the paint.

Mazulis and BMoney like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bring it.

Tfor3, Mazulis, Patience and 3 others like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ever hear of the Hampton 5?

They only won 3 championships with small ball.