1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3rd Attempt: GOP/Trump Repeal & Replace ACA and Trump lie about pre-exist coverage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Since when has it become that passing anything is considered a victory regardless of whatever is inside the bill?

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

In other words, single payer system, I am with you on that.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Take another look at the list of "pre-existing conditions". For example, my 22 year old daughter has echocardiograms every other year as continuing care for arterial switch procedure performed at day 5 to correct transposition of the great vessels. She is one of many millions of people with pre-existing conditions... than add millions and millions more low-income people that simply can't afford health care.

Your suggestion is to go to a low-cost government-run clinic? Do you consider these useless series of measures with minuscule chance of success?

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The freedom to die without health care is a cherished right of all Americans.

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

You would have to options of getting whatever care the free clinics provide, paying out of pocket, or finding an insurance company that would (for some reason) be willing to take a guaranteed loss by insuring your daughter for less than the cost of her treatment. There would not be an option that the government forces some insurance company to take guaranteed losses by offering someone coverage at a rate that is less than the cost of their known medical costs.

7. NewRoxFan

I guess there is always the option that I could shoot her and save the government money.

As you have clearly spelled out... there is no acceptable option under your (or Trump/republican) approach to heath care. Forgive me for selfishly opposing and supporting other approaches.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

At least you are honest. I wish GOP politicians could be as blunt as you with their lack of empathy.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

How do you feel about Medicare? Get more services than you pay in, them old folks got it good.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^ said the *******, right before he was hit by a car.

11. NewRoxFan

Trump is on a mission to win — even if Americans die in the process
    http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...a-mission-to-win-even-if-americans-die-in-the

12. NewRoxFan

Make Pregnancy Expensive Again: A Woman's Guide to the New Health Bill
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-again-a-woman-s-guide-to-the-new-health-bill

13. NewRoxFan

I love when the White House PR people have to look like pretzels spinning previous statements by Trump...

White House: Trump was 'simply being complimentary' when praising Australia's universal healthcare as 'better'

14. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

[jk] Trump "Universal healthcare is great, but universal no care is the greatest!" [/jk]

15. CometsWin

Social Darwinism has always been a staple of conservative Ayn Rand assholes everywhere. Don't know why anyone is surprised. They're definitely who everyone should have believed them to be.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's not even social darwinism, it's frustrated Mannosphere blabbaganda.

Nook and CometsWin like this.
  17. NewRoxFan

Why does Trump hate America so much? Of course, this goes against what his PR person just tried to spin an hour or two ago, saying Trump was "simply being complimentary" in his comments about Australia's single-payer system.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ersal-health-care-white-house-says/101337558/

Wonder if deputy Press Secretary Sanders still has a job... ;)

Trump: 'Everybody' has better healthcare than US

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/332128-trump-everybody-has-better-healthcare-than-us

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ersal-health-care-white-house-says/101337558/

18. CometsWin

I guarantee you Trump doesn't know jack **** about Australian health care. Hell I bet he couldn't find Austrailia on a map.

19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10-dimensional interstellar Settlers of Catan, bruh

20. dmoneybangbang

Well when one cares so much about appearances....