1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 NBA All-Star Game: Sunday, Feb 19

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I like the West players making fun of Westbrook for going so hard. DeAndre said while they were all laughing: "in case you didn't know...he goin for the MVP! in case you didn't know...he going for it!!". Lmao.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

We're getting Anthony Davis after Cousins makes Pelicans a dysfunctional team. Harden and Davis. A more perfect frontcourt pairing for Harden + MDA I cannot find

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

#283 daywalker02, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

game was pretty boring overall. Need to make some type of change to the game. Some type of incentives should help

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

how bout only dunks and alleyoops count as points. blocks subtract from the opposite team's points.
    instead of free throws, the foulee will get a chance to dunk with the fouler guarding the rim

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

They should give home court advantage for the finals to the winning conference.... may create some desire among some of the players...

vtjsr2 likes this.
  7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This is as bad, if not worse, of an idea as it was when the MLB made this change.

At some point people just have to realize that All-Star games just aren't that important.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

it is to westbrook

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I think Harden's lack of giving a f*** rubbed off on everyone else. I've never seen somebody care less about an ASG than Harden last night. There is no way this game could have turned into a competitive show with Harden playing 30 minutes. Everyone just wanted to be cool like Harden.

kjayp likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The weird thing is he enjoys the parties, the glamor, the fans, the exposure and everything glitter around the ASW but does not take it seriously on the court.

11. the shark

the shark Member

That little kid telling Draymond Green that he shoots better than him. Priceless!

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

He was the only player not to wave at the crowd during introductions. Sometimes I do think he acts too cool.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He kept on chucking shots..... hilarious, he was gonna take the trophy away from the hometown hero...not

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

why not try to make it at least competitive?

Have the teams play for different charities?

Compensatory draft pick? Add an extra pick to the draft and award it via lottery to a team on the winning conference?

Watching a bunch of bunch of millionaires walking around with a dgaf attitude while intermittently showboating vs no defense isn't much entertainment...

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Which is why the All-Star game itself is basically pointless. The focus should be on the Saturday night events. That's where there's room for more creativity and entertainment. People say that they want an intense and entertaining All-Star game with stakes, but the moment that their fav team's superstar is lost for the season due to an injury in what should've been a pointless exhibition... All hell would break loose.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

You can still have some competitiveness without having to be all that intense. All the alley's and dunks that they're doing now could just as easily result in an injury just like any other freak accident. Just personally, seeing the game almost break 200 was pretty bad watching overall.

Caesar likes this.
  17. Caesar

Caesar Member

What a boring game. Just wide open lay ups and dunks and jack up 3s. Rather they play the game like a real game like old school All-Star games. It's basically just an extension of the 3 point contest and dunk contest only.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah when you have almost half the team on both sides not even make it past half court for a significant amount of time, there just comes a point of why is this game even going on.

Caesar likes this.
  19. Caesar

Caesar Member

I watched I think the 85 all-star game on youtube last year and it was awesome. Watching Moses, and Kareem and several others like really bodying up and boxing out and bullying for simple rebounds in an all-star game was absolutely epic. There were bodies all over the floor just for a simple rebound and i think it was only the first half IIRC. It was just the right amount of real basketball and a sped up pace. Not just jacking up uncontested deep 3's and walking up for layups or uncontested alley-oops.

20. the shark

the shark Member

My
    My bad it was DeAndre Jordan he said that to.