1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BiGGieStuFF, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Victorious

Victorious Member

I love it! After having it for about a month, I can honestly say I have no gripes. Easily the best nexus to date, which it should be. Battery life is excellent, getting around 4hr30mins of on screen time at 15% left. Loving the camera too, takes such beautiful pictures. It also runs very fast and smooth. Have yet to notice any lags which is a first for me.

I never recommend phones because we all have different preferences, but I highly recommend the Pixel if you want an Android phone. Especially with the black friday deals from verizon and also best buy i think. The dev community and updates/support from Google cannot be beat.

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Just ordered the axon ZTE 7 in grey

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I have it in gold. Wish it was in grey.

It's been nice for me. I've had a few minor bugs I'm hoping will be fixed in future updates. Main bug is that my phone sometimes does not charge when I plug it in. I have to reboot it to get it to charge. It goes in cycles like this. It's happened twice now, for about two weeks at a time.

Otherwise, I love it.

4. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

iphone 7 is awesome

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Just got mine today -- first impressions are awesome so far -- feels like a next gen phone.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

My wife has had bad luck with her last couple of phones. Her current is a OnePlus One that gas gotten hit or miss on internet via cellular as well as some other glitches. Her last phone was terrible on battery life. I want to get her a phone that I can feel very confident will work right all the time. My first thought was the iPhone. She really wants Android though. To whom can I go for a highly reliable Android phone?

7. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

How about the Moto Z Play? It's an absolute battery beast and the software is very clean stock android. It doesn't give you the best bang for the buck in terms of performance, but the user experience is suppose to be top notch. The battery life improvement should be absolutely astounding to her.

JuanValdez likes this.
  8. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Just got a Pixel today because my Galaxy S6 died on me this morning. Already second guessing my decision because the Pixel isn't playing nice with the bluetooth on my Kenwood stereo in my car.

9. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Be sure to run an update. Pixel should have gotten 7.1.1 yesterday.

The phone if fantastic, the price not so much. I may be going with the OnePlus 3T in the next month or so. I am hoping that is my last Android phone... come on Surface Phone!

Also, there may be an update for your Kenwood.

10. HeWhoIsLunchbox

Been trying to download 7.1.1 for hours, but it still says I'm up-to-date with 7.1. And I already have the current firmware for my Kenwood.

11. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Need to buy an android phone for mom.
    Nothing flagship or even budget flagship.
    Thinking of either Asus Zenfone 3 or the LG Nexus 5x.
    Reading about their respective snapdragon procs, the 5x is better for games but the Zenfone is better for all around multitasking.
    I love Nexus but she probably doesnt need to have the latest versions of Android.
    Any recommendations or even other phone suggestions that are in the same price range?

12. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I went ahead and gave the 7 to my wife and then I picked up the 7+

Amazing phone

13. Svpernaut

If I were buying an Android phone right now I'd get the OnePlus 3 or the OnePlus 3T. You can probably score a really good price on the OnePlus 3 due to the demand for the new OnePlus 3T.

With that said...

WOOHOO! Full Windows 10 x64/x86 can now run on Qualcomm's Snapdragon processors!

[​IMG]

Bring on the Surface Phone!

fba34 likes this.
  14. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Zzzzz

Too little. Too late.

15. Svpernaut

You're thinking consumer. This move will revolution the enterprise. As someone who has had to make hard choices with IT budgets, having the option for one device, for all things is game changing to say the least. Also, mobile devices that are truly manageable (as they can be domain joined) changes the game as well from both the support and risk perspectives.

Ever had to support iOS or Android in the enterprise? Yeah, it isn't fun - and it makes Blackberry and their terrible BES servers look like a cakewalk. Now you can push updates out with SCCM, pull in reports from SCOM, and manage security with GPOs and Bitlocker. This is an enterprise admin's wet dream...

Not to mention what this does in the laptop/tablet space. How about a tablet that can run every app your users need, and have 30+ hours of battery life?

ramotadab likes this.
  16. trustme

trustme Member

People with the Google Pixel. How annoying is that back side home button?

I use my phone a lot while it's flat on a surface (table, bed, while cooking, etc.) so I wonder how that would work to switch from screen to screen or home screen. Just seems annoying overall. That chin is pretty huge and ugly too with nothing on it.

ubigred likes this.
  17. HeWhoIsLunchbox

It's not the home button, there's a digital home button on the screen. The back sensor is primarily used for fingerprint unlocking of the phone. It takes some getting used to.

[​IMG]

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  18. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

what @HeWhoIsLunchbox said. home button is actually on an on-screen navbar. it's been like that for google devices for several years going back to the samsung galaxy nexus. back is just a fingerprint sensor.

anyhow, of you're using it laying flat on a surface, you can double tap the screen to view notifications, then slide to unlock (whatever unlocking method you have it set to.

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Loving my ZTE, but the battery life is not so good tbh

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

i've got to hand it to Samsung. They aren't playing around.