1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015/2016 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, Jun 17, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

either Iheanacho or Bony going away

2. Raz

Raz Member

Dortmund denies. They can't afford to lose Hummels, Gündogan, probably Mkhitaryan plus Aubameyang. He's under contract until 2020.

3. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I think it's given that Bony is gone, he always looks disinterested. Iheanacho is a serious talent though, I doubt man city let's their one successful youth product to leave.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Bony is ****e. Plus he's more of a CF which Pep has no use for. City really needs to add another CB to pair with Otamendi as Mangala isn't consistent enough and Kompany is always injured. Aymeric Laporte has been rumored.

5. The Stig

The Stig Member

I'm wondering about that too. He apparently is a good one on one defender, a bit rash, but very athletic. That's all I know so far. I doubt he'll be first choice by the time season starts.

6. smr6

smr6 Member

To be fair he might be. His competition is Jones, Rojo, and Blind. Not like he has to beat out anything special. Wouldn't be surprised if United still signed another defender because of that. They definitely still need a right back I would think.

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Moes and ChrisBosh already said it. I'm 100% sure it's not an either or situation for City w/regard to the two players you mentioned. The writing was on the wall for Bony last season. He made his money and won a medal(iirc), he's on his way out.

Kelechi is one of the brightest young talents in world football and after the battle City fought to get him and how he's played in just about every game since he came on board, there's no way he's going anywhere.

#2087 ferrari77, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  8. ferrari77

Yeah, saw him with CIV at the last AFCON and saw some of Villareal this past season. Decent defender, great physical and 1 on 1 skills. Still has a ways to go to be a top defender.
    Personally i thought Djilobodji was a better defender overall from what I saw of both but Mourinho has his reasons. Especially seeing as Mourinho chose not to use Djilobodji at all and the player went to Germany and acquitted himself well on loan there over the last few months.

I'd be surprised if Mourinho doesn't spring for another more experienced CB to give Smalling, Jones, (hopefully no more Blind) and Bailly competition.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He is one of those guys signed for the future. He is similar to Fosu Mensah but I'd still rate Fosu Mensah higher with bigger potential

10. ferrari77

Different positions tho.
    I like TFMs versatility(especially when compared to a tosspot like Blind) but I rate Bailly higher, at CB-Bailly's position.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

BILD today saying Dortmund won't transfer him this summer, no matter how high the transfer sum.

13. Raz

Raz Member

Holy ****! Spain's keeper De Gea has been sent home for apparentely being involved in an underage rape case. Isco and Munian accused, too.

14. Raz

Raz Member

^^ wrong thread

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Denis Suarez signing 5 year deal. Glad we didn't lose him.

16. The Stig

The Stig Member

Question for my German brehs.

Mkhitaryan. Opinions or info regarding him trying to leave BVB for Man United? Or is it that Raiola up to his old tricks again?

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think he'll leave this year if Dortmund finds a good replacement. Otherwise he'll join you guys next year. It's basically the Lewandowski situation from two years ago, with Watzke breaking a promise and desperately trying to keep a player that wants to leave.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

19. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Chelsea up 1-0 on 10 man Man United.

Probably the game - even though there are 40 mins left.

DD