1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 NBA Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Oh snap it happened again.

Houston
    Tony Mitchell
    6-8
    SF/PF

Houston
    Robert Covington
    6-9
    SF/PF

On to the next 6'8/6'9 SF/PF's.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

It now appears we will be drafting up higher than #14, so maybe the 2013 Draft Thread will be of greater interest...

3. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Watch the Raptors pick turn out to be pick #14. :(

4. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

I absolutely love Tony Mitchell too :eek:

He made a great decision to stay in school another year. People have been comparing Royce White to Rodman, but that is a more apt comparison for Mitchell. His academics are sad, but it doesn't seem like his game IQ is low. He's played very well internationally, and in his somewhat brief sample of college ball.

As is stands, at least 1 of our current prospects for the position HAS to break out this yea...... right?

5. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

James McAdoo from North Carolina going at #4 in mock draft of nbadraft.net
    I would be thrilled with that pick! Let's the Rockets or Toronto will get us that pick.

6. MONON

MONON Member

Now I see what the Rockets plan is. With our 5-10 pick plus Toronto's 5-14, we have an excelent chance for a good NBA center in the 13 draft. With the other Zeller brothers staying in college for 4 years, I don't see Cody coming out after only 2 years though.

7. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

that would mean the first team out of the playoffs is coming from the east. If we assume the percentages pan out.

i hope we tank and get the second pick.

8. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

Dario Saric. he's listed at #27 but whichever team picks him will not regret. it's funny how usa scouts tend to underrate youngsters in europe after they start playing pro (at about 16 old age). bring any usa 16-18 year old to any euroleague team and see them flake. remember brnadon jennings?

a little about saric:
    Šarić was named Most Valuable Player of the 2010 FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship in a unanimous vote, after leading the tournament in scoring (24.3 ppg), rebounding (11.5 rpg), and finishing second in assists (5.8 apg). He registered a triple-double in the final, becoming only the second player to do so (after Ricky Rubio in 2006).[1]

Šarić also played in the 2011 FIBA Under-19 World Championship, where he finished fourth in scoring (18.1 ppg) and third in rebounds (10.1 rpg) despite being one of the youngest participants at just 17 years of age.

he made same stats as Valanciunas in same tourney despite being 2 years younger.

9. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

If the Rockets don't trade for Dwight. They can be real players in the 2013 NBA Draft. There's a good amount of high-upside center's in this draft projected in the top 10, and the Rockets could be in play for one of them.

As currently projected, 4 of the top 5 are legitimate centers.

#1 Nerlens Noel
    #3 Cody Zeller
    #4 Isaiah Austin
    #5 Rudy Gobert

10. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

American Basketball Players are the best.. and is only getting stronger

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab--bkc-usa-basketball-teams-succeed.html

11. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

not arguing with that. USA is best single country in the world. but u got to understand that in usa is approx 300 mil citizens, while average european country is from 5 to 15 mils and each country has it's own few diamonds. usa nearly beats spain in fiba competitions, add to spain squad parker, nowitzki, gallinari, bargnani and few others and you would have very intriguing match.

btw, in 2011 world U-19 competition (won by LIthuania, USA finished 5th) Croatia with Dario Saric ahead beat USA squad including Meyers Leonard (2012 #11 pick), Jeremy Lamb (2012 #12 pick), Tony Mitchell (2013 expected #5),Doug McDermott (2013 expected #23), Patric Young (2013 expected #29). Saric socred 17 pts, 8 rbs, 4 stls, 2 asts. team with no names and 17 year old player as a leader beat USA squad with 5 future NBA first rounders who were 19 yrs at the time. And that counts for something. you cannot expect miracles from 17 year old player in good Euro team and as no junior competirions were played, his stock has dropped - I can't understand it, still think he will be selected in top10 though.

12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Word.I dont know much about him but he seems selfish.Noel is a team player.I would rather have him than howard anyway.At leaste howard would come and get our raggedy ass coach fired though.Nobody wants to play for him.

13. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

And for everyone wanting Zeller,please no more white dudes,they cant jump,it isnt working.

14. QazQay

QazQay Member

I want Ender in 2014

15. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

16. Arthurprescott2

So for all the pain tanking this season will bring, the best we can hope for is a white center with 6'8" wingspan? are you kidding me???

17. AFS

AFS Member

I've seen that wingspan figure floating around but I'm not buying it until I see some official measurements to confirm.

18. samylee1978

samylee1978 Member

2013 the yr of the power forwards

19. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Zeller continues to add strength, diversify game

Many of Indiana’s players are currently off campus for a break between the second semester of summer school and the start of the fall semester, but Crean was asked for the latest on Cody Zeller’s progression before he left campus.

“When he left, the measurements were as good as they’ve ever been from him. He was squatting 400, he was benching 305. He did 185 (on the bench) twenty-two times, which is incredible,” Crean said. “He came in doing it ten times a year ago, so that’s the kind of jump he’s had in that time frame. He’s grown. He’s a legit 7-foot in his shoes. His vertical has gone up almost three inches since he’s been at Indiana.”

Zeller is a beast and he's only getting better. I don't believe he will max out early on his talent like his brother Tyler, he will always work to add and improve his game. I also believe Cody doesn't care about the bright lights of a NY or LA, he just wants to win and would be a great addition to the Rockets. DO WANT.

#40 mikol13, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012