1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 Draft Combine Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by dobro1229, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Jeffrey Taylor has already lost 10+ pounds since graduating. At 6'7 212lbs and playing SG, he is going to wreck!!!;) Also, did i read somewhere that he had a 41" vertical??:eek:

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yep, we gonna see the Combine vert next week. Jumped damn high today on the tests...

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Anyone have any thoughts on who you think promised dion waiters they'd draft him?

I wonder if it was us...

4. Egghead

Egghead Member

heard its Phoenix

5. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Rockets won't make draft promises. There were players in last year's draft that wanted and asked for a promise from the Rockets and they weren't going to give them.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  7. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

wow, that's surprising, lol. do you know who they were?

8. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Rod Strickland is super thin now. What the heck, ex-players usually gain weight, not lose it.

9. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

"Half of the first round will not be in the NBA in 3 years." - I think Chad Ford (at the combine).

That is an impressive stat. I'm not sure if it is true, but it is somewhat staggering.

10. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I'm not thrilled with this year's class either.

There are not many players in that draft that you look at and say he will be great no matter where he goes. A lot of the players' success will depend on being drafted to a system that fits their skills best.

Lot of potential if the player wants to be great but there are few consistent all stars. If a GM places their team's future success on this draft alone, they will be in trouble.

Just my opinion.

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

That was my 1st guess

12. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

>.>
    <.<

I had no idea Kyle O'Quinn was black.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Gotta be.

Phoenix does this. Remember Amar'e? Pulled out of workouts...

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thats what scouts are saying.

15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Also, those that say rivers is to small... He measured at 6'5 in shoes. That's pretty prototypical for a SG

16. Spooner

Spooner Member

Some "insider" information on how the draft board is shaping up.

Sam Amico: Seems like Warriors (No. 7 pick) are especially high on Ohio State big man Jared Sullinger. In fact, their GM said on record that they are

Rick Bonnell: Don't be surprised if Duke's Austin Rivers ends up a Raptor (No. 8). His interview went well with them and Toronto needs an alpha male.

Chris Haynes: North Carolina's Kendall Marshall is meeting with #Blazers today. He says he's hearing he'll be a late lottery pick

Gery Woelfel: Arnett Moultre getting serious look by Pistons at No. 9.

Vincent Goodwill: Arnett Moultrie: "Out the lottery teams, Detroit is the perfect fit."

Chad Ford: Meyers Leonard the other big riser here. Think his range is closer to 9-14 now.

Chris Haynes: Kentucky standout Michael Kidd-Gilchrist says he has a workout scheduled w/ #Blazers next week. He's likely a top 3 pick. Someone moving up?

John Mitchell: Really sounds like Waiters does indeed have a deal done. He's finished working out.

And then there is this........

Bill Ingram: If I have to sit through one more conversation where an agent tells me how clueless the Houston Rockets are . . .tough times for Rox fans.

:(:(:(:(

17. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

This is sad, but I don't think we are really clueless, more so we don't wanna let people know where we stand.

18. Spooner

Spooner Member

I tend to agree with that, still not a great thing to see that on Ingram's twitter.

19. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Very interesting. Projected mid 1st-rounders moving up, which means people are gonna drop.

And I really doubt the Rockets are as inept as these agents make them out to be.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

*uck Ingram. I wouldn't doubt if he twisted words to fit his opinions. The dude is a major Morey-hater.

I can see agents' frustration because Morey has to cast his nets wide in an effort to reshape the roster, and he doesn't just hand out big contracts like bubblegum.