1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[10th ANNIVERSARY] Tracy McGrady: 13 points in 35 seconds 12/9/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SwoLy-D, Dec 9, 2014.

1. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Oh my, steve kerr was doing commenting at the time, maybe that's when he realised the importance of 3 pointers and now he is reaping the benefits with the GS team....

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Tinman salty hes not tmac.

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

t-mac showed steve kerr the way. ;)

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

LMAO, replacing t-mac with harden would not stop boozer from absolutely destroying yao's soul.

5. val_modus

val_modus Member

He came to training camp out of shape 2 years (both of which he was coming back from serious injuries/surgeries). He was an MVP candidate the first time he led the league in scoring in Orlando and his first year in Houston. Want to talk about a guy who comes to training camp out of shape? James Harden. I'm not going down that path of argumentation though.

We often times say that he wasn't the best leader on the court, but what evidence do you have that he DECLINED a leadership role on the team. Link? I would think averaging near 30ppg 6rpg 7apg for the playoffs before his decline was pretty decent leadership.

I will not deny you that he had potential to be one of the greatest, but once again, that is not the discussion at hand, and all of you keep steering clear of that for some reason, hmm. By the way, could you point me to an interview, article, etc where he blames his teammates?

6. 92i

92i Member

This.

And I love how everybody on this board just loves Yao and gives him a pass for getting destroyed by Boozer in 2007 while TMac was playing out of his mind, averaging ridiculous stats but still got the blame. I mean, I like Yao, but if it wasnt't for his poor performance, we would have beaten Utah that year.

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

beautiful post. t-mac put up 25, 6, and 7 in the playoffs with a broken back and one working knee. so much heart. :eek:

meanwhile, yao was getting SONNED by boozer and gets NO blame. lol!

8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

REMINDER: t-mac has the 11th best playoff PER in NBA HISTORY.

he actually does the OPPOSITE of quitting in the playoffs. he turns it UP. :eek:

and he's always hurt! the heart. the leadership. wow.

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

and then josh smith leads us to the WCF and harden gets all the credit??? lol!

the irony. the contradiction. the hypocrisy. :eek:

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2009/2/27/774543/more-reasons-for-us-to-pil

11. tinman

Supporting Member

don't use these words

would
    could
    should

try using this word

did
    did not

12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

And this is true, no? He had Yao...that's it. Then we had Yao and Battier and some young exciting B-list players. Those were his best teams. Yao and he were injured often, so even when Tmac was healthy, he didn't always get to play with Yao.

I loved my teams back then. Among some of my favorite squads. Especially with JB, Sura, Wesley, Pagett. But they were average players at that point in their careers. Same with Tmac's teams in Orlando. They were average to below average teammates.

The only year Tmac had a decent team was when he was injured basically the whole year, the year with Ron Artest.

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Test, test, do all posts have to be approved by mods now? Mods, don't post if so.

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Weird, my response to Tinman required mods to review...

15. tinman

Supporting Member

they want to know if you are true to clutch city and principles for which it stands for.

they believe that history is real and not a what if scenario.

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Yes, history is real. The history of Tmac's teams are real too. His best teammate was Yao. They both were injured often, but neither had a very good team until Artest came along. Battier was a great addition, but was only a role player. Tmac was hurt the entire year with Artest so we can't really count that year for him.

Did he have better teams in Orlando? No, not really. He always had B list players along side him, besides Yao of course. So, what he said is accurate. Historically accurate.

Which principles does Clutch City stand for that negate these facts about Tmac's unfortunate tenure with the Rockets, or his career in general?

17. tinman

Supporting Member

The principles of Clutch City is something Tmac didn't have

leadership
    togetherness
    heart of a champion

While you guys keep yapping about what I say because I'm a great poster here, let's hear what you have to say about this quote from the GREATEST CLUTCHFAN:

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

yao did get owned by boozer.
    yao did not own boozer.

:eek:

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

has any rocket had the heart of a champion since 1995?

you need to raise your standards dude. quit settling for mediocrity.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

but this will NEVER happen cause would have is a scenario that is not real.

the only good scenario contains busta rhymes and fife dawg.

Tracy McGrady never led the Rockets to a playoff series victory during his tenure as player.

This statement is true til the end of the universe.

TIL THE END OF TIME ITSELF.