1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

‘The Rockets don’t make adjustments’ Barkley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 23, 2019.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

What people need to understand is we all want the same thing. Houston has been close with no cigar for a long time now. We are ready to take the leap now. Any sports fan old enough to watch Dream fail - then succeed - also knows how elusive success is. There are no second chances, no do-overs. We have a real window right now. We should all agree that squandering it would be a damn shame.

napalm06 and BigggReddd like this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Chuck describing Moreyball and D'antoni's playoff rotations.

3. Theking

Theking Member

Make an adjustment to your diet fatso

4. jim petersen84

Wrong....In 2007 the suns were clearly robbed vs the spurs because of bogus suspensions and in 2008 the suns collapsed after trading shawn marion for shaq, Suns were in 1st place in the west before the trade and 6th by the time they played the spurs in the 1st rd in 2008.

BaselineFade likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the suspensions were not bogus, you can't leave the bench. that goes for every nba team
    @Zboy

Is Mike D'Antoni the best coach of all time? No he's not
    Does he have weaknesses? Yes he does

Ignoring these facts doesn't make you a better fan, just a blind one

6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with both of your points on Mike. He definitely does have flaws--as do most players and coaches--and sometimes when he screws up he deserves to be called out his mistakes, as do we all. However, I do think he's a humble enough person to realize his limitations and work to improve. I also think he's done a good job with the Rockets so far, and I'd LOVE for him to be able to win a championship with Houston.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree but dude is soon to be 70 yrs old and I dun think a 70 yr old has the same sharp mind as a 40 yr old or 50 yr old.

As they say when you are 25 yr old, your cell structure and your brain activity is going downhill, there is only so much you can learn!

Translated he will try new things and once it does not work, revert back to his old ways. It's too late.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he's the correct coach for the Rockets now with this roster,
    however I don't like how blind people are to his obvious mistakes.

he never made it to the finals with that phoenix team. And yes, Greg Popovich has out coached him.
    But there are no Greg Popovichs anymore who can lead a franchise to winning seasons every year.

Did they not beat us in 2017 in 6 games at home with no Leonard ? yes

I prefer not to associate with fans who are beyond blind and think the Rockets should go 82-0 and undefeated in the playoffs .
    No team has ever done that.

And being a long time fan, this happens. the Tmac/Yao era fans think we were close to a title, we weren't.
    Last year was the closest we have been since 1995. Let that sink in.

So fans who were not alive then shouldn't be pretending we are entitled to anything. It's a team that includes coaching that decides our fate.

Roomba likes this.
  9. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

You're definitely right in that he tends to revert to old habits when things aren't going well. But I think we both agree that we can win a championship with him. Definitely not the best coach in the world, but a good one (and one that has Harden's full respect)

10. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Entitlement is one of the worst sins for a sports fan to have. I think it's why we all hate Warriors and Lakers fans so much, or at least the bandwagony ones.

justtxyank likes this.
  11. rockets13champs

This is true. We have the keep shooting approach. It doesn’t work all the time. I would suppose driving in the lane if the 3 isn’t falling

tinman likes this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The team was dumb enough not to know the rules or not follow through.

That's not getting robbed. That's being dumb.

tinman likes this.
  13. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Sir Charles ain’t wrong.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Rockets don't make adjustments
    Translates to
    The Rockets are not a bunch of reactionary panicky b!!tches

Rocket River

jordnnnn, deb4rockets and justtxyank like this.
  15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Ya'll would think we were the team down 3-1 based on the posts in this thread.

F***in crackheads.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Seriously. It's really crazy.

We went up 3-0 with two blowout wins. We lost one game.

Let's analyze why the Rockets are frauds!

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Charles is always a negative Nancy when the word Rockets comes out of his mouth. He's just a bitter Betty because when he came to our team we never won another Championship.

Rocket River and icewill36 like this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The suspensions were not bogus (by the book).

As with all issues NBA, the problem is that they were extremely punitive about it in a way that they weren't with other cases around that time and since then. Other players, even star players, have done what Stoudemire did with zero suspension applied. The Spurs didn't face enough punishment for trying to essentially eliminate the other team's MVP.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

A ton of eye test analysis in this thread. So I’m gonna go ahead and assume it’s inaccurate.

I think some fans believe that we blow more double digit leads than any team in NBA history. Yet I haven’t seen any actual data on this claim. I would guess we are right around league average.

I think some fans completely ignore the games we are down early and our 3 point attack brings us back and wins the game.

I think way too many fans ignore years of extreme positive results of our offensive strategy when everyone once in a while it doesn’t work.

The way some fans discuss the team it’s as if the possibility of never ever losing any game is there as long as the coaching and strategy is right. Which is just dumb.

Rocket River likes this.
  20. icewill36

icewill36 Member

man its so annoying how anytime the rockets lose, or harden has a bad shooting night the media has to jump all over them. why do so many people root for this team to fail ?

jcf and Rocket River like this.