1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

‘Adult Baby’ Cleared of Fraud, Still Getting Social Security Checks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Hightop, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Hightop

Hightop Member

Interesting.

[​IMG]

The California man who lives his life as an “adult baby,” complete with adult diapers, bottles, a crib and a mother-figure caregiver, says he has been cleared from suspicion of Social Security fraud and will continue to receive his disability checks.

Stanley Thornton, Jr. has a condition called paraphilic infantilism that involves role-playing as an infant. Though paraphilic infantilism is a sexual fetish for some, Thornton explains on his website that he pretends to be a baby because it makes him feel “safe” and helps him cope with the post traumatic stress he suffers from physical and sexual abuse he suffered as a child.
    After Thornton’s lifestyle was showcased on National Geographic’s television show “Taboo,” Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., accused him of defrauding Social Security because the episode shows him exhibiting work skills such as building a high chair and operating his website.

John Hart, a spokesman for Coburn, told the Washington Times that the senator, also a doctor, questioned how “a grown man who is able to design and build adult-sized baby furniture is eligible for disability benefits.”

Faced with the possibility of losing his source of income, Thornton threatened suicide when questioned on the matter by the Times.

In August, however, Thornton reported on his website that his disability had been cleared and the Social Security administration confirmed that his disabilities are “continuing.” He will continue to receive the $860 monthly checks from the agency that he lives on.

In the same post on his website, Thornton defends his reasons for being on disability.

“I am not getting disability because I am a Adult Baby. No one can get on disability because they are a Adult Baby. I am on disability for legit, tested and well documented illnesses [such as] PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), depression, bipolar 2, spinal injury, heart problems…my role playing is a way for me to relax, not a disability that is being claimed for a disability.”

http://abcnews.go.com

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Let him commit suicide, saves our country $860 a month.

SHEESH !

DD

3. Hightop

Hightop Member

I don't want to live in a country where we don't take care of our adult babies.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm glad social security is being used properly. Where is the Occupy SS movement going to meet?

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Strawman.

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

As someone who used to work for the Social Security Administration back in the 80's, getting approved for benefits is not easy. Only 30% of applications are approved and that is usually only after a lengthy appeals process.

This man's disability is not being an adult baby, he is severely mentally ill. That is why he receives benefits.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Is there any doubt the man is insane?

Does $860 a month sound about right for public support for a minimally self-sufficient insane person?

That barely covers his diaper costs.

9. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, I wonder whether the Teabaggers can agree to closing tax loopholes on large corporations and increase the tax rate on millionaires if the leftists can agree to cut off the Adult Baby's social security benefits.

11. DaDakota

Deal !!

DD

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Only in America

Any other country would have kicked his *SS to the curb

Rocket River

13. tingYAO

tingYAO Member

DaDaSoda you are a hypocrite! For you yourself are in fact an ADULT BABY!

PROOF:

[​IMG]

14. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bull****. Many other countries take much better care of their mentally ill citizens.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It seems like there's a lot of misdirected hate at this guy. Apparently he has disabilities. All of that has nothing to do with his adult baby stuff.

He just happens to also have the adult baby thing. I think it's strange, but not enough to make me hate him, or think that he shouldn't be able to have disabilities treated or receive entitled compensation.

16. DaDakota

True, but that is when I am trying to acquire the best gifts, it is all a ruse.....

;)

DD

17. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look at that shiny thing over there!

Don't pay attention to this.

18. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

You clearly have never been outside the country.

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I am interested in any arguments that this man is not severely mentally ill.

I suspect baby like attitudes and actions or perhaps the delusion of being a baby would not be compatible with any significant number of full-time jobs as typically performed in the national economy-- the standard for social security disability.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think it comes from the point that I don't think he is really mentally ill

Rocket River