1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That Last Play... Game 2... Clearly a Foul on Klay?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Dominant, May 22, 2015.

Tags:
?

Should a foul have been called on Klay before Curry got all ball?

1. YES

42 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. NO

59 vote(s)
    42.4%
  3. I wasn't able to watch the game

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  4. I don't have faith in the refs anymore

37 vote(s)
    26.6%
  1. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

What should really drive everyone mad is that Thompson (and probably Bogut) both should have fouled out well before that play, but the refs gave their fouls to other teammates to prevent those guys from fouling out.

Still... We had it; that game was ours for the taking and we blew it in the closing seconds. Credit the warriors defense. I really despise Green, though; that guy needs a punch in his stupid looking face.

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Not a foul or at least not one I wanted called right there at that point in the game.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not a foul. Glad they didn't whistle it one. I don't want a bail-out from the refs. Rockets didn't execute well on the last play. That sucks, but there it is.

4. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

That's a foul REGARDLESS of whether James has already lost the ball or not. If he has lost the ball, you CAN NOT hold his arm to prevent him from getting the ball back.

Like another poster said, Klay did the same thing against Josh in the first game and it wasn't called either, even though referees were in position both games to clearly see the holds.

In a fair system game, that should be called EVERY SINGLE TIME, no matter who the players or what teams are playing. The NBA does need a CHALLENGE SYSTEM of some sort if they expect fans to continue to take the integrity of the game seriously.

5. ibm

ibm Member

this.

it's probably a brain fart by harden. its ok. c'est la vie.

6. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

It's hard to say. During the game it didn't look like a foul, but that screenshot looks like it might be. So not sure.

7. torocan

torocan Member

That almost never gets called with 2s left in a Conference finals. And even if Klay isn't holding him, there's no way that Harden picks up that ball and shoots it in time. It was already rolling away after it had been poked out of his hands.

Blame whoever you want ... McHale for not calling a TO, Dwight for not going to the basket or passing it to another player, or Harden for not attacking initially and then getting his pocket picked.

This one isn't on the refs. Harden played an amazing game and the Rockets still lost. That's just how it goes sometimes.

8. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

It's clearly a foul. You can't lean on a man's back, grab his arm to prevent him from getting the ball, and it not be a foul. The problem with the Rockets is that they have gotten so used to the Warriors holding and fouling and it not being called, that they are just accepting it and moving on with the play and not making it obvious to the refs. If that had happened to Curry or Chris Paul, they would have fell like they had been shot out of a cannon so that they refs knew that they were held/fouled. The Rockets do NOT know how to amplify contact for the refs to help get more calls. (although in a perfect NBA world, they wouldn't need to)

9. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Curry slapped him first. SO it really should of been called on Curry

10. MattM

MattM Member

Definitely a foul. I wasn't upset it wasn't called. I was mad they didn't call timeout but got over it because we did have a good chance. James did not make the right decision. He hesitated. I wish he would have just taken a jumper while there was time left.

Officiating has been horrible, but let's hope they continue to favor the home team. Rockets have missed so many FT down the stretch .

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Meh more upset about the 2 missed calls late in the game.

The out of bounds play and the foul on T jones by Green.

12. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yeah I think you live with that, a good double. Plenty of terrible calls before that though.

13. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

They could have called a foul on either Thomson or Curry but typically the refs will swallow the whistle on last minute plays like that unless its something to blatant to ignore...

The Green foul on TJ that got missed is common, the refs always give the nod to the aggressive players.

The out of bounds call on Curry was a real bad call and I wish they would employ replay for calls like that as it must be hard for the refs to see those clearly at real speed.

Houston needs to come home and hold serve with two wins and go back to GS and win game five on their court....:cool:

14. SemisolidSnake

This stuff is really irrelevant. Refs have made it clear, especially when the Rockets are playing, that they're not going to decide a game based on a foul on the last play. The only person I've seen get a foul call on a last possession was Princess Lebron, unsurprisingly, and luckily, he missed both free throws.

My immediate thought on that last play is that Harden was aware of this. He knew he'd get murdered if he went for the drive with no call (I think he should have taken the chance, anyway, but that's just me). Probably would have been a good time for a time out, but we suck so much at inbound plays that it's hard to say that the result would have been any better with a now-set Golden State defense ready to steal an inbound pass.

What killed us was certain people missing free throws and certain people taking too many shots away from Harden, who's been cooking this series. You know who I'm talking about. We shall not give James crap; he knew was breaking 1 against 8 on that last play.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, Harden has to be better than putting himself in that position....

DD

1 person likes this.
  16. OpenLayup-Why3?

Our players didn't put themselves in a position to win game long before final buzzer.

Said no Rockets fan ever... It's always the refs... PLEAAASE!

17. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Blows my mind that TJ was pretty much heading for an EASY uncontested layup if Harden just passes the ball to him (which we know he is always willing to do) smh....I know why he probably didn't , but i bet now he has seen video he is probably kicking himself going to Howard vs TJ or just taking a jumper before Klay and Steph converged on him... That will be the defining moment of this series I fear, and of course every talking head on that **** fest of garbage ESPN is saying it was Curry and Thompson's amazing D that won that game on the last play... just laughable

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

By the rulebook YES, but rarely called.

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

Let's see what the NBA officials report says

20. photojoe

photojoe Member

No way. No referee is going to make that call- after the offensive player lost the ball and there was less than a second left. Nobody would be able to get that call. Not Lebron James. Not Barack Obama. Not the Pope. Not even everyone's favorite Steph Curry.

But....DID YOU SEE STEPH CURRY WARMING UP YESTERDAY? OMG AMAZEBALLS! MUST WATCH TV! GREATEST. WARMUP. EVER.