1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HEARTLESS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sugrlndkid, May 4, 2015.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Stop giving Howard a pass this guy is who they say he is. He might want it but he still gets taken out the game by fans in the crowd opposing teams goons (Barnes). Dude was straight trash the past two games. Sure his number improved this playoffs but he gets rattled quicker than any player on the damn team. Tech after tech you just don't do that kinda stuff if you think that shows he cares that's on you but by that logic you should give harden a pass to because thinking his laid back persona is caring is idiotic too.

2. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

No fight in this team. If they were down 18 with 10 minutes left, mchales rockets would be the first to fold. Poor planning, in game adjustments, offensive sets or lack thereof, "players coach" etc. I guess Morey should've expected this by hiring a man with a short coaching resume. A mouthpiece can only take you so far, but mchale is a good pr guy and seems convincing. The team quitted on him 3 times already in this fseries, shows you how much control he has on this squad.

3. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

One of the criteria Morey used in the coaching search after Adelman was "a leader of men."

At first look, you'd think McHale would fit that description, but it's clear he is anything but a leader.

2 people like this.
  4. Normalus

Normalus Member

I understand the frustration getting swept twice in a row, but next game is at home. If we take it, I believe we have a legit chance bouncing back and have a home court advantage in game 7.

We shall win both home games and only one away. Easier to say than done tho...

5. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

If by some miracle the rockets win game 5 because the clippers take the night off, they are just going to get blown out again in LA during game 6.

6. Asian Sensation

Is Terry going to wear all black for game 5?

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

wow, you're the lone optimist left. I applaud you.

is it optimism though or denial?

8. Normalus

Normalus Member

true fans stay optimistic

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

But, but, but I thought you said that if anybody felt this way they were being negative, sad, pathetic, and miserable

I tried to warn you before the playoffs even started, but all you could say in response was that I was negative, sad, pathetic, and miserable. Now we are seeing who was right and who was wrong.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Feel Naked, Bare and Exposed.

These 2015 Houston Rockets have been exposed as the worst playoff team, and the least exciting to watch series. We were so caught up with the high flying aerial display in round 1, that most of us were hoping that our deficiencies would not resurface in an ugly way. The truth is that this "Ugly" way has shaken two stars and therefore destroyed the team.

Lets start at the top of the players list. James Harden who mystified us on the way to a MVP caliber season, suddenly found his game muted and therefore resulted in a ripple effect for the team. Cant blame the guy in all honesty. He was essentially game planned against by: 1. Sam Cassell, 2. Mike Woodson, 3. Lawerence Frank, and 4. Doc Rivers. This coaching staff basically came up with the strategy(or by some sheer dumb luck), forced us to do the one thing we dont want to do: the Mid range attack. I've asked why James Harden couldn't just initiate the offense by posting up, but the fact is its just not part of his game. He could be destroying Barnes, Reddick on the block(and indirectly tiring their legs)...With James losing his composure, the whole deck of cards started falling

Dwight Howard has effectively been neutralized by DeAndre Jordan and the FT Line. His frustration has essentially boiled over causing him to make stupid decisions and open himself up for ticky tack fouls. With him losing his composure, the Rockets have essentially been tagged for 100 pt games the entire series. If he is your defensive anchor, he has done a terrible job.

The [POWER] Forward - Forget that Blake Griffin is basically sonning you every time you step on the court. He is the reincarnation of Magic Johnson out there. Terrence Jones and Josh Smith were complete liabilities for this team. And the inability to jump start an offensive threat with a post game is a glaring hole. DMo was sadly our best option...The Answer is extremely clear. Terrence Jones has essentially played his way out of Houston.

The old men PG - essentially getting embarrassed by JJ Reddick and Austin Rivers. Nothing to say, but it seems like they still have some pride despite their age limitations.

Free Agent Bricklayers: Forget the poor shooting(which happens from time to time) Josh Smith and COrey Brewer have been atrocious from the FT line. They are worse than the other Rockets bigs. Take a moment to reflect on that. And their poor decisions on the break have compounded the Rockets TO disease. Ariza has been streaky, but cant really blame him, he is essentially trying to guard CP3, Crawford, and Blake Griffin a TON.

Bench: For some reason we were under the impression that our bench was superior...cant believe it even now. But we made... Michael Jord...I mean Austin Rivers destroy us. SMDH.

Coaching: There is an entire thread dedicated for this pathetic group of idiots. I'll just leave it at that.

Management: Morey and Les need to understand that windows remain open for relatively short periods of time. The Texans made the move to clean house from Kubiak and his stench of bad coaching decisions. The Jury is still out on Bill O'Brien, but he essentially kept the team competitive without their #1 overall pick playing, and rotating 4 QB's during an NFL season; he essentially kept them competitive each and every game. Sometimes all it takes is a slight tweak/ or change to get the same group of players to play at an elite level...instead of wasting their prime years. This team needs a coach. They need a leader. They need heart...from which a Champion is formed.

GO Rockets. I'll be rooting like I always will hoping my team find an answer to this puzzling riddle. But getting beat down by 25 plus points by the same team consecutively speaks volumes of a deeper issue/problem.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Year later...and still basically the same unit of idiots. Except this GSW team wont choke like the Clippers. They have guys that have character.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You're not an optimist, you're a masochist .