1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao I

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by sugrlndkid, Jan 31, 2015.

1. gambingo

gambingo Member

I'm with Pac and Holyfield, Manny won that fight.

2. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

118-110 is definitely wrong. But the result wasn't rigged. I had it 116-112 in favor of Mayweather like the other two judges.

3. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

That was one of Money's easiest fights.
    He's simply one of the best ever.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Mayweather is a media genius! We have seen the same fight 47 times until tonight and still his mouth gets people to pony up. the Media eats up his cockiness. The fans want someone, anyone to beat him.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

He started off fine, but he went into "total dick mode" when Pacquiao said he thought he won.

> I thought I won the fight.
    > Uh, you thought you won? Well, no one ringside did. I sure didn't score in your favor. (lel u srs breh?)

>If he didn't move around as much, I would have landed more punches.
    > (with snark) Well, why didn't you do something to make him stand still?

Pretty unprofessional interview. He basically let Pacquiao's answers dictate what his own response would be.

6. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Yeah Floyd won by basically sitting back and taking no chances. I think Manny would kill him in a street fight.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

it's HBO, anything goes.

8. thejav

thejav Member

So people payed money to watch a couple of guys hug it out or avoid each other.. yikes that was boring..

1 person likes this.
  9. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I wanna thank CCTV and there excellent coverage. As well as the stream link for saving me a bill.

1 person likes this.
  10. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Most overhyped thing ever. I would never pay $100 to watch this.

11. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

There was just no way this fight could possibly live up to the ridiculous hype. This matchup should have happened 4-5 years ago.

Mayweather's conservative defensinve style isn't suited for entertaining viewing, but it gets the job done.

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I get the strategy, but if this constitutes what boxing has become then no surprise why it's dying. Aside from the freak show aspect I have no clue why people pay to watch this. It's like turning basketball into a free throw contest.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't think Jim Gray would be that much of a dick, though. Kellerman needs to learn a lesson in how to properly conduct an interview.

14. Rocket_Man_2.0

Boxing needed this to be a good fight. I don't see the casual fan coming back. RIP.:rolleyes:

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I dont know much about Boxing but running and dodging is a legitimate tactic in boxing. Everyone knows how Mayweather boxes, why would he change all of sudden? It's on Pac and his corner to come up with a strategy to stop Mayweather from dancing like Peter Pan.

16. mario_v

mario_v Member

I would like to see golovkin fight mayweather next but I don't think it's going to happen.

17. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Lmfaoooo at people thinking this fight was gonna be anything different from any other floyd fight.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Pacman gave us one great hit on Mayweather haha. If PAC jumped that he could have won the fight.

19. bmd

bmd Member

I'd just like to say... I told y'all so.

20. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;I remember when Solange did me like that&quot; <a href="http://t.co/uVgJ1OMpPc">pic.twitter.com/uVgJ1OMpPc</a></p>&mdash; â–²mbriehl (@ambriehlx) <a href="https://twitter.com/ambriehlx/status/594721261684588544">May 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>