1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[George Karl] "Rockets let Parsons go because they are going after a PG"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hooroo, Jul 16, 2014.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I don't understand why they would sign Isaiah Thomas or why Bledsoe hasn't signed with anyone. Couple that with Dragic in trade rumors to IND a fee weeks ago, I think Dragic is the odd man out for some reason. Maybe they don't like his contract? Not too sure. These are just my speculative thoughts. Maybe Bledsoe is the guy via sign and trade. Phoenix just makes a lot of sense if we are looking for a point guard. Makes sense basketball-wise at least. Maybe one of the cap experts can chime in on the feasibility of a trade between HOU and PHX for a point guard

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Ricky Rubio I think we get him in a trade with K.love going somewhere else.

1 person likes this.
  3. conquistador#11

because we're houston, baby. don't be surprised if all we have to give up is a 2nd round pick and canaan.

(passes you the peyote tea)

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Now that's an interesting thought. Repped for thinking outside the box.

5. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Don't get it. Need an upgrade at the 4.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We let him go because it would kill our flexibility and we didn't get Bosh.

Why is everyone ignoring the fact that he's completely wrong?

7. SuperManRocketz

i heard they are bringing back JLin

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Yeah I agree.

I don't see us making a play for a premier PG. I have a hunch it's going to be a veteran, probably Mo Williams or Jameer Nelson.

Don't see how not matching Parsons affects our play for a PG.

I yearn for Gogi though.

9. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Phx will re-sign Bledsoe. They are going to play 3 guards. They will never have a drop off with that rotation and they will small ball teams for 48 minutes. They are going to make a jump in the standings while Houston dives about 3-6 spots from their 2014 finish.

10. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Because we want to dream about getting Dragic/Rondo/Beldsoe

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Okay...

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Thanks. Morey was willing to gut the team in 2009 for him. And I think we lack the assets for love and would like to be proven wrong but I think we have the assets to snag Rubio maybe.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm betting on 5 guards.

14. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

I was thinking the same initially, but this may make sense:

after they signed Thomas and drafted Ennis, they think they can use Bledsoe or Dragic as trade assets to improve other positions if the price is right. Dragic is more likely to be let go because he is older and will command a huge salary (~12M) next year after he opts out. After letting go of Channing Frye, the Suns prefers to have a big with huge upside. The Morris twins are good, but they are probably not considered significant building blocks. Terrence Jones showed a lot of promise last season, so getting him makes a lot of sense. Depending on the market, Jones alone may not be enough.

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

He and Ariza can re-enact all their squabbles back then LOL

16. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Need an upgrade at PG and PF. I think PF is a less concern because Jones is a more athletic, younger player who's shown he score 30+ in a game and has the room to develop into a Chandler Parsons. Plus there is more depth off the bench with Donatas and Covington.

17. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Nah we need to add a PG, whether they start or sit. We need a ballhandler to put next to Harden, and I think that is the most critical position at this moment in time. I love Bev and his tenacity but he is not a starting PG, form what we saw last year. If he improved ballhandling/playmaking then stay with Bev. If he didn't, which is most likely, then we need to get a PG.

If Harden is our main ballhandler, then that's okay. If he is our ONLY ballhandler get ready for 5 threads every game night complaining about ISOs. We need a ballhandler/playmaker with high IQ and a good work rate on defense. Doesn't need to be a scorer, just smart, unselfish, and willing to play D. It will be critical in the end.

Dorsey + Adrien will cover Asik's production on the boards and on defense. They both can catch the ball and finish a layup, which is an upgrade over Asik on offense. I'm fine with backup C at this point.

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

If we get Dragic, I think Morey would consider him our 3rd star and be willing to pay him back. Take that, Parsons!

This really is the offeseason of the returnees

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Bedsoe
    Dragic
    Rondo
    Rubio
    Teague (dark horse)

One of these five.

20. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

BREAKING: Rockets going after position they're weak at.