1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to 4-year, $32 million deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2014.

Tags:
?

Do you like the signing of Trevor Ariza?

1. YES

610 vote(s)
    78.2%
  2. NO

170 vote(s)
    21.8%
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We do need the depth and extra wing but he's a prime candidate for trading at some point. I cant see us moving Parsons with his contract structured the way it is. He has to agree, we get penalized - and who wants that bad contract?

2. solodolo

solodolo Member

Morey is so going to wait until the last minute to match parsons offer

Or when deng and lance is signed .

3. photojoe

photojoe Member

True. If I was betting, my money would still be on us matching Parsons.

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Why does everyone want Parson back so bad. Having him would kill our chances for future flexiblitly

5. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Happy that <a href="https://twitter.com/TrevorAriza">@TrevorAriza</a> joined our team. Can shoot and has clamps. Perfect for us. Congrats brother.</p>&mdash; Patrick Beverley (@patbev21) <a href="https://twitter.com/patbev21/statuses/488093040385740800">July 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

edit: duplicate post

7. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Is he still? I haven`t really followed the Mavs but had the impression he has gotten older and slower and is on his last legs. Am I wrong?

I`d love to rub it in to Cuban some more. First snag Ariza for great value (while they can't do a thing because they offered Parsons that huge contract), then steal Marion from them, then match Parsons when they have noone left to sign. They already lost Carter as well.

I'd also be more than fine with Boozer if we can snag him for the minimum after he got amnestied.

8. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Didn't we play this card years ago?

Reminds me of my prom. I asked the 5 best looking women to go with me. I got rejected by each one.

So, I went back to an old girlfriend who is now 4yrs older and 30lbs heavier...and I noticed that in middle school, she didn't have hair on her chin like she does now. Oh well, she ain't gonna reject me! She said yes, of course.

Money had to go with Plan J after all those rejections, I guess. Signing someone to just say he signed SOMEONE?

:/

9. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

We probably won't have cap space to bid. No way if we match parsons.

10. haydenfisher342

this isnt good news to me, wish we made more moves quickly to resign parsons, this is telling me we are not. I may be reading into this incorrectly

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

We just signed Ariza to a 4 year deal. Even if we let Parsons walk, barring any trades, we wouldn't have very much future flexibility.

12. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Yes! Can never have too many shooters. Plus Ariza is a 3, we need Daniels to backup Harden.

13. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

He's probably going to opt out after 2 seasons. There is no top free agents probably available in 2015 off season. Love is going to sign with whatever team he gets traded to. LMA is staying in Portland

14. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I'd rather we sign both, and trade Ariza with his attractive contract to a team during the season.

What's the guarantee again that a FA will choose Houston? Can we really wait til 2016?

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Good signing at a very good valuable.

Can be packaged very easily for a big name later on when needed.

Meanwhile can help the team and address some of its needs.

16. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Can you guys shut up about his last stint here? We expected him to a be a #1 option which he obviously isn't. This is under completely different circumstances where he most likely won't even be starting.

17. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

We can still match Parsons and hopefully expect Love to available come trade deadline.

18. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Cheaper than I thought we would get him for. Certainly not a big splash that we all wanted but a good move. We could still match Parsons contract because Asik's deal isn't complete yet and still have all our exceptions to use. Just gotta keep improving that roster and hope Parsons hits his prime if we do indeed match.

19. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Agreed ! I hope Roxs match at the last second then Deng signs somewhere else leaving The Mavs with nada !!!!!

20. newAge_Rockets

After the initial ewwwwwww, i've warmed up to this signing. Look all we learned is that he's not a first option in 2009-10. But he is a very,very capable 3rd or 4th scorer, and most importantly an EXCELLENT defender. If he wasn't a Rocket before we would be ecstatic right now. He is the 3 and D guy that we have been craving, and he was the best one on the market (besides LBJ). He is also one of the few reasonable contracts I've seen this offseason!

Nice backup backup backup backup backup backup backup backup backup plan,

Now one more signing, match Parsons, and call it an offseason!