1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does Morey do now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Yes, 3 million is crucial when you are signing bench players. Ariza can be had fora smaller and longer contract. Parson plans on bailing after 2 years. I wish we would have signed Arron Afflalo.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Don't do nothing, keep your flexibility and hope the Thunder flame out at this point.

Just keep your flexibility. IF the Thunder flame out and fail again, the break up of Westbrook and Durant is inevitable.

There are also other young guys we can keep a eye on. We just have to remain flexible. Add some vets and get a damn new coach.

3. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I wonder if we can trade Asik for Aminu and Anderson. That trade still has't gone through. Maybe Morey can pull it off.

4. Mr Chuck Norris

That pick is gonna go bye bye then.....

5. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Getting Anderson will be a huge coup!

6. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

It is time to bring all the euro players
    Lull
    Papanikolau
    cappela

and build a bench

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Count me as one of the people that thinks it would be ridiculous to keep Parsons at that contract. I should have known it was too good to be true (about Bosh). :(

If we can get Deng and I guess Ariza and fill out the bench where needed, it is still a strong team. Hopefully Jones will continue to improve. Losing Parsons is going to sting but is the guy really worth $15M? Not at this point in his career. We still won over 50 games last season with this lineup last season, so all this talk about us becoming an 8th seed is laughable. I could see us dropping to the 6th seed at the very worse.

Vegas had us at 7-1 odds of winning the title but this was obviously based on Bosh coming here and keeping Parsons. Now? We are probably 100-1..

8. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

You know why we are all bummed out? We need to get great players like a Bosh or Gasol to compensate for poor coaching. To be honest, we have a strong foundation to win a championship with small pieces to improve our bench. Another year together would also do us wonders. To fix our issues, all we need to do is replace McHale with George Karl.....Just saying..

1 person likes this.
  9. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Could Morey try to redo the Lin trade and do a sign and trade for Gasol, or is it already official/done?

1) If so and Gasol would agree: S&T Gasol 9mil for Lin and pick

2) Trade Asik for Ryan Anderson

3) Match Parsons

Now you get to keep the MLE and BAE, which could be used to bring in some really good bench players. Vince Carter/Jameer Nelson/Trevor Ariza etc... Could possibly bring in 2 guys.

PBev/Canaan or FA/Johnson
    Harden/Daniels or FA
    Parsons/FA
    Pau or Anderson/Jones
    Howard/Pau/DMo

10. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Question: can we offer a max to a RFA and later match Parsons? Getting someone like Monroe might be a nice consolation price. Max might be a bit high for him, and he is more of an in the paint guy, which wouldn't be the best fit next to Dwight, but he is young and very talented and fills a need.

Otherwise I'd look at Stephenson. Can't he play some PG as well? And try to trade for Millsap. Millsap and Stephenson would be a great offseason...

11. fattz

fattz Member

Beverly is a soild player but Bledsoe would be an upgrade. Bledsoe is an all star waiting to happen.

We have the money -- spend on the right player (he would make Harden a better player & let him focus on playing some D instead of running the team)

Blatche is a 4/5 that blocks shots with a mid range game and a low BB IQ.

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I'm going to laugh my butt off when we end up with Melo

13. Cranberry_Juice

I'd overpay Bledsoe just so that I don't have to keep watching this forum overvalue Beverley.

14. i3artow i3aller

15. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Need to call Melo back. Desperate, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Posted this on trade suggestions...
    1. Reneg on New Orleans(bc they failed to get under cap).
    2. Offer to Atlanta: TJones, Asik and 2nd rounder for Paul Milsap(who is also on contract year)
    3. Resign Parsons.

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

David Weiner ‏@BimaThug 4m
    Another "over-the-cap" asset: If Asik trade is Gee+vet min guys, would generate $5.4M TPE. Rockets will have some nice over-cap assets.

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

LMAO....Clutchfans.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

So basically, we can still really upgrade the bench?

20. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

someone do it with Bosh's face lol