1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. faraza84

faraza84 Member

So if we match parsons with bosh signed we can't use our mle and bae? Damn

3. watchmen77777

watchmen77777 Member

I could be wrong but i don't think that Houston now can sign Bosh without announce the right to Parsons.

Since Parsons has signed the contract, there is now a 15M cap hold on Houston, so even trade away Lin's 15M, you still don't have enough under the Cap to offer to Bosh unless you announce Parsons. You cannot sign Bosh then march because to begin with, you don't have enough cap to sign Bosh.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If we can't get Bosh, I would like for Morey to go and try to pull a deal with the Pelicans on getting Anderson and Withey or Ajinca for Asik instead of the pick.

5. mackzone

mackzone Member

You're wrong, Parson's cap hold won't rise up untile Houston Matches the offer.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

incorrect. parsons cap hold is the qualifying offer until Houston matches it then it goes up to the offer of whatver Dallas offered. so until 3 days from now it's just the QO amount

7. benchmoochie

Anderson is coming off Injury. could be bad

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The only other stretch 4 on the market is Ilyasova and he was garbage this season. Josh Smith and Young are also on the market, though not quite stretch fours they would be upgrades.

9. champstocome

champstocome Member

Morey planned all this..he's been hauling ass for weeks for tomorrow. This trade could be the one that puts us over the edge. That trade that brings us to the promise land. A glorious land filled with edible confetti (bosh), power dancers, clutch the bear, drunk fans, pelvic thrusts and unfathomable amounts of happiness. Please lets have a moment of silence in remembrance of the Larry O'Brien trophy and how badly I want to see Harden blanket that trophy with his beard, embracing it with the hugging power of a million carebears.

2 people like this.
  10. watchmen77777

watchmen77777 Member

When a team is given an offer sheet, they must have “Room” to match at time given sheet up until actually matched. (Or, probably bird rights as well..)

Article 7, Section 4, (d):

The ROFR Team, upon receipt of the Offer Sheet, may exercise its Right of First Refusal, which shall havethe consequences hereinafter set forth below in this Section 5. In order tomatch an Offer Sheet, the ROFR Team must have Room for the player’sPlayer Contract at the time notice of the Team’s exercise of its Right of First Refusal is given and must continue to have Room at all times theFirst Refusal Exercise Notice remains in effect.

Room can either be actual salary cap space or a specific exception:

Article 1, Section 1, (fff):

“Room” means the extent to which: (i) a Team’s then-current Team Salary is less than the Salary Cap; or (ii) a Team is entitled to use oneof the Salary Cap Exceptions set forth in Article VII, Section 6(c), (d), (e),(f), (g) and (j) (Disabled Player Exception, Bi-annual Exception, Non- Taxpayer Mid-Level Salary Exception, Taxpayer Mid-Level Salary Exception, Mid-Level Salary Exception for Room Teams and TradedPlayer Exception)

In figuring out whether there is cap space the cap hold used becomes the amount signed on the offer-sheet if its greater than the alternatives:

Article VII, Section A, IV, (D) (ii):

With respect to each Veteran Free Agent who last played fora Team who is a Restricted Free Agent, the greater of (A) the Free Agent Amount (as defined in Section 4(d)below) attributable to such Veteran Free Agent, (B) theSalary called for in any outstanding Qualifying Offertendered to such Veteran Free Agent, or (C) the Salary called for in any First Refusal Exercise Notice (as defined in Article XI, Section 5(e)) issued with respect to such VeteranFree Agent.

So what does this all mean? It means that the Rockets can not sign Bosh and Parson’s once the Notice is issued. Assuming issued means it is actually served, then the Rockets can sign both if they avoid service of the offer sheet prior to officially signing Bosh because although they won’t “room” to match the offer, they will have bird rights. Seems Houston will have to sign Bosh "Before" they received the official offer sheet from Mavs.

11. Rocketman81

Rocketman81 Member

Bosh or Parson? Who is it gonna be?

12. benchmoochie

I wouldn't. spend 8-10 on Anderson coming off a back injury. I think it was pretty significant. would have to add some team option or Insurance clause. ILY had a down year but it wAs the bucks. delfino had a **** year b4 coming here too. my point hard to look at the prev year sometime to judge next year. I'm sure there are others we do not know of. josh smith contract really sucks.

13. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

In all the noise, I completely forgot the Rockets would retain tradable contracts in a Bosh S&T scenario. These contracts would allow the Rockets to not match Parsons and perform a separate sign and trade for a player like Deng in where his salary can start near or at $10 million while retaining the MLE and BAE to fill out the bench. The Rockets would first perform a four team sign and trade where Bosh goes to Houston while Lin/Asik and Capela/firsts/seconds are sent out. The Rockets could then trade Jones, DMo, and non-guaranteed contracts (Casspi, Powell and Covington) to Cleveland for Deng (starting salary of $9 million) in a S&T. That leaves the Rockets with:

Dwight
    Bosh
    Harden
    Deng
    Beverley
    Canaan
    MLE (Marion?)
    BAE
    5 minimum contracts

Just a thought.

1 person likes this.
  14. Boughtit

Boughtit Member

If they have to choose between the 2, don't think they are going to spend 45 million for an early 1 rnd exit again :(

15. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Do not have time nor energy to search through all the pages but we basically have to get rid of everybody to sign Parsons and Bosh, but Beverley so would have to trade everybody else but the two stars and Bev??

16. benchmoochie

I like your thinking. just a lot of moving parts in 3 days

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

pretty much

18. Swishh

Swishh Member

Unless Bosh takes slightly less than the max - is that plausible?

19. Boughtit

Boughtit Member

Who knows now. It seems like everything is upside down. Bosh may take less if we had someone ready to sign. I hope anyway. I wouldn't think he would take a lot less though.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

plausible? sure, will it happen? ask bosh, I feel like I'm in the neververse