1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dude kills 7 - leaves retribution video on Youtube

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Amel, May 24, 2014.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

From the WSJ-

"He had been diagnosed as a "high functioning Asperger's child" earlier in life, and was being treated by many mental health professionals, said Alan Shifman, a lawyer for Peter Rodger, the father of Elliot Rodger. "

IMO, Big Pharm is making too much money to really investigate the connection between meds and violence.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's a lot of parallels to between Rodgers and Choi who committed the Virginia Tech massacre. In both cases sexual frustration played a big role. This is a potential problem with how awash we are in sexual imagery these days and also the pressure that males in this society have on them to have sex.

I want to be clear that I am not saying that society is to blame for what caused obviously mentally deranged individuals going on killing sprees but that there are things about our society that can exacerbate these things.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

This guy is an idiot. To attract girls you either need one of three things: money/(power), looks or personality. So obviously if he had Aspergers it's hard to improve personality, but he could have definitely improved his aesthetics and improved his skills to acquire currency. In LA and most everywhere else with the latter two you can pull all sorts of women.

This guy literally gave up on life at age 22. Such a waste knowing that he also came from privilege so that making the leap to his own success would have been a bit easier than most regular folks.

4. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

I saw the first couple of minutes of the video. That was exactly me in high school. I was tall and skinny and girls wouldn't give me the time of day. I would constantly feel down- sometimes even depressed- about not being able to attract any girl. This guy took it to the extreme. What makes it even more confusing is that he was a good looking guy and drove a BMW. Unless he was a total *******, I don't see how girls wouldn't pay attention to him.

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Probably had a strong creep vibe because he was pissed off all the time.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't know if you even need those things. Know what you want, know what you have to offer and adjust one or the other based on your sense of urgency.

Yeah, everything else here is stated perfectly. I guess that's where the possible social disorder comes into play in that, most people who can't figure out what to do just follow the crowd until people in similar circumstances wave you over to their table.

7. Scarface281

8. Scarface281

9. conquistador#11

doesn't it work. what were they saying?

that bodybuilding forum is filled with a bunch of weirdos, no offense to those here that post on there.:p
    I wonder if their version of the rate the last film you've watched has "pain and gain" as the best movie ever made.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is being reported that SBPD had multiple contacts with Rodgers before this happened. Having been warned by his parents. According to the police they didn't see any thing they considered alarming and considered him shy and courteous.

I am wondering if they knew about the guns and the ammo that he had but haven't seen any reports of that.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The story is really that a "law abiding citizen", one of the NRA's pet terms, bought a bunch of guns legally and murdered a bunch of kids.

12. rudan

rudan Member

Yeah that's the whole story, him being an effing psycho had nothing to do with it :rolleyes:

13. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

Wow...one of his roommates that was killed went to my high school class of 2012.

May all the victims rest in peace...

14. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Ah this was very chilling to read. One of his last forum posts on Body Building. 4 days before his rampage.

[​IMG]

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

norway, -esc is a typo. that board must be full of potential serial killers and their cutout magazine letters.

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Creepy.. are there any more?

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

This is making headlines in Australia now, crazy

18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The story right here is someone clinging to their DailyKos talking points in a grown-ups' conversation about a terrible crime.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I agree.
    I think it is contrived . . .famewhoring to the nth degree

Rocket River

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

You would think that the amount of NSA intrusion on private conversations can pick up on this kinda ish before it becomes a real problem. Kids like this really need significant intervention. I just find it sickening that his parents caught his video posting before the actual rampage took place. And no one thought to have the kid evaluated by a psychiatrist.

1 person likes this.