1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 1/20/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 19, 2014.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm excited for this one, except every time we play the Blazers, Lamarcus Aldridge shoots like 90%. It's always highly frustrating.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets seem to do ok on ESPN. It's TNT where they have the stinkers. This game is crucial. If the Rockets want to keep any hope alive of catching the Blazers, they have to win. Catching them may be impossible anyway though after they won in San Antonio and Dallas.

3. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

We don't have anyone who can defend Adridge, an inside-outside stretch PF. He can post up Jones, and Dwight can't contest his jumpshots.

The key to stopping Lamarcus was putting Omer Asik on him, he's hard to bully inside and he can defend the perimeter.

4. vladyx92

vladyx92 Member

Sadly, the only way I can see us winning comfortably against this Portland squad is with a full active roster (I'm looking at you, Omer Asik!). Last time we played Portland in Houston (last season), James Harden went nuts and Omer defended LMA flawlessly. However, I am looking forward to a great game. I hope Beverley doesn't play more than 25 minutes, though. Any word on Greg Smith? We could use somebody who can score against that POR 2nd unit of Leonard and/or Freeland!

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah Lin is better off the bench...

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Could really use Asik for this game. If Smith is still out and Bev is rusty (both likely), I don't think this ends well. Would be great if they made me eat my words.

7. chandlerbang21

Bev returns to guard lillard is a welcomed adjustment

8. jocar

jocar Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1dNIQVYGXbM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p6XLNsJ9YrA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

The only one who defended LMA well is Asik but he doesn't want to play. :rolleyes:

10. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

I am fine with Adrlidge dropping 50. As long as the rest of the team combines for 45 or less we can win.

If we can defend Lillard and run guys like Batum and Matthews off of the 3 point line we can win.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I will be 5 rows up. Excited!

12. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

C'mon Rockets, lets get it!

13. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Blazers, Kings, Memphis 2x, Spurs & Mavs coming up ----nervous 6 game set but one game at a time!!!!

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

It will be nice to be back close to full strength. Pg is looking like the weakest link In starting 5, so nice to have more options

15. NateNate

NateNate Member

we should win this one only to fall to a lesser team soon after

16. rocketsmetalspd

Rockets need to bounce back playing on TNT. Not a b2b game Rockets will do much better. Rockets by 8.

17. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

Why not let Brooks come in as the second unit and let Lin sit like Asik and trade them both. Lin needs to be with another coach, like Lowry is now because Mchale is just not a good coach with much talents on this team. Any coach can have his record that he has right now.

18. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

Hopefully they come out with intensity.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

I know this, the Blazers just beat the Little Ponies like a wet dog on their home floor. They are on a serious roll. Rockets must bring their "A" game.

20. rocketblood713

Since its TNT I bet Shaq cant wait to rip Dwight and the Rockets again