1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Aldridge] Rockets will trade Asik by Thursday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 12, 2013.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Agreed. Asik might be acting like a tool, but he's physically healthy and can contribute immediately.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Age hasn't gotten to him yet. He is doing 8 and 10 with 25 minutes a game this season.

3. Oracle

Oracle Member

I do. The possibilities of the Cavs to get Asik level center are limited. Secondly, Waiters has asked to be traded. I can understand that. The guy can't play his rookie contract of the bench in a team like the Cavs. It would seriously hurt his prospects to find a reasonable contract after his rookie contract. He can't play with Irving together and the Cavs are not going to give up Irving. So Waiters wants out.

If the Cavs get a also a good wing player who is not ball dominant but scores from the 3pt land, such as Garcia (on top of Asik and D-Mo), I can't see why they would not do it. They would even add a pick to it.

4. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Exactly. We needed Asik's rebounding and defense on LMA tonight which probably cost us the game.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, Anderson Varejao's agent is...

Dan Fegan!

6. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

What inspired you to join a rockets board? Welcome, I guess. You're input is kind of cool... I guess

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Of coarse it is. Smh we are going to have 8 Martell Webster contracts on this team in a couple years

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So in this Cleveland scenario, what are the Cavs planning to do with Andrew Bynum?

Asik is a great piece, and I'm sure he would be a great addition for most teams, but it's pretty clear that the one way a team could really screw this up is to trade for him and give him backup minutes. That seem like pretty much what is available in Cleveland at the center position.

9. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

Haha probably the smartest question mentioned here. Now that Ithink about that, Ithink there's no chance of trading with cleveland.

10. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

We should get Varejao so that he can recruit Lebron next year

11. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

Really surprised at the hate on Andy here. We've struggled all season giving up 2nd chance pts and he'd be great on defense.

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Trade Lin too

13. vvade

vvade Member

Are we really that much better when we have Lin on the floor instead of Beverley or Aaron Brooks? Same with Asik or Millsap instead of Howard or Jones. We won't become contenders all of a sudden if we trade Asik. I say we make a run for Monroe and Stephenson or Gortat. That would make us legit contenders. We are not forgetting the season completely. We would still end up being second round fodder, but end up losing in 6 games instead of 7 and a longer first round (unless we play the Clippers). We still get the playoff experience which for some reason is so important.

Forget the idea that Asik will land us a piece that will get us closer to competing this season. His value has plummeted, so it seems. By trading him and Lin, we'd be front runners for Greg Monroe by a mile. Monroe can rebound, pass, knock down the mid range jumper, score in the post, pass in the post and defend big men. I would love to see him and Howard team up. Everyone acts like Lin is so good, but I think it would be impossible for us to give him away and get nothing in return (an expiring). It's too bad the Knicks don't have any expiring contracts.

True. Monroe can do it all, but Drummond is a rebounding machine. His achilles heel is his FT shooting.

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i doubt morey moves asik for anyone straight up. has he ever done that? he will want a pick or waiters/bennet/zeller/karasev and they will want one of our pieces like a canaan or something. then morey will try to upgrade garcia to get production off the bench so we land miles/gee/clark type person.

morey will get them to sweeten the deal.

15. pippsux

pippsux Member

16. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

So Asik is going to back up Bynum.

17. coffeelover665

Asik and Ronnie Brewer for Ersan and Udoh?

18. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

So what's wrong with striking a deal this Sunday thru Tuesday? Seem like better options for me, so I don't have to check ClutchFans 500000 times a day.

Also, conspiracy theory, Clutch feeds the terrible "Twitter" reporters Rockets rumors so they tweet about it and everyone keeps refreshing ClutchFans all day. :)

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

There's little reason for him to take anything less than max. He's a healthy young borderline all star, whose skillset is in high demand and whose position gets overpaid.
    But there's no reason for the Pistons to give him max a year in advance either.

20. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

We should target Greg Monroe I think he should be able to at least contain Aldridge or any big power foward in the playoffs.