1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Worrell has got to go.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lightningferron, Apr 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. BruceWayne

BruceWayne Member

Who cares? Stop nit picking. Bill isn't going anywhere, he's a Rockets legend. No one cares if chumps like you don't know enough about basketball to discern the difference.

2. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

yea.. i feel like clyde is there to reminisce & to laugh at bill's terrible jokes.

3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Nah, Bill Worrell is a legend and one of the best. I really wish they'd bring back Murphy and get rid of Clyde and Matt. Matt's homerism just rubs off on Bill and Clyde is so useless. At least Calvin was impartial. I remember as a kid getting pissed when the Rockets would get blown out and Bill and Calvin would never act as if they were losing, they would just call the game and give the opposing team credit when it was due.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

I love Bill!!!! He is a Rocket tradition. Keep him til he can't talk anymore.

5. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Clyde and Calvin need to switch roles, or imagine having a 4 man announcing team. Calvin, Bill, Bull and Clyde.

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

WTF is this thread? Bill Worrell is a Rockets legend. The man goes nowhere.

7. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Bill Worrell bleeds Rockets Red. He's a great guy and commentator. So what if he made a blunder? Quit the b****ing.

8. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Unless we can get Mike Breen, I'm fine with Bill Worrell calling the game.

9. Metta

Metta Member

Worrell is the weed to Clyde's crack mentality, I need that balance.

10. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Take a couple of aleve and change your pads as often as possible! Quit whining boys!

11. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Bill isn't the problem...it's Clyde. I still say we get Yao and Murphy. It would be quite entertaining.

12. tenguin

tenguin Member

wtf is wrong with you people. worrell is awesome! dont want a rockets homer? dont watch the rockets. stupid asses. go watch a spurs game then

13. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

To those who complain about Bill Worrell as a play by play guy needs to watch other teams play by play gys and then you'll realize how foolish you are.

14. PositivityDome

Worrell is a huge homer, but that's what (average) home broadcasting is all about. The tandem of the CSN announcers are terrible together though, because THEY'RE ALL HOMERS.

When watching across the league, the best tandem announcers are either the most unbiased and educated (Spurs, Heat & Suns) or the educated and super entertaining (Knicks).

To be honest, I don't like Worrell at all, but I understand he has seniority so there's that, but the Rockets broadcast would really benefit from having a straight edge, knowledgable guy who breaks down the X's and O's of the game, while being educated about what's going on with the other team. Right now the Rockets' announcers are in the bottom 3rd of the league in terms of entertainment/knowledgeable play by play.

15. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Whats wrong with bill being biased? Isnt he hired by the rockets organization? Its not like its a national broadcast.

16. hotballa

And honestly its a tv broadcast. Pbp is just not that important. Does it make a difference if bi or marv albert says "harden brings the ball up court"? Use your eyes

17. omgTHEpotential

I also think that Clyde for a colored guy is great. Bill Worrell doesn't frustrate me either. Sometimes I can feel a bit of an old guy in his speech, but it's not really that annoying.

18. hotballa

Color guy..nor colored.

19. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Whaaa? Not sure if serious.

[​IMG]

20. Case Keenum

Case Keenum Member

Sounds ridiculous but it would add comedy whenever the Rockets are getting blown out. Worrell is an ultimate homer but he has just seemed really frustrated. Clyde has probably caused Bill's blood pressure to go up.