1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Raptors @ Rockets 11/11/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Good grind-it-out type of win for this young team. While I'd prefer that they close out teams like the Raptors a lot sooner, I'll take this victory so early in the season. Lin had a great game, Harden was great in spurts, and Howard did his part on both ends.

I hate seeing all of the LOF and HOF go at it in the game threads. Both players have their strengths and weaknesses. There shouldn't be any questions as to who the overall better player is, but Harden needs to mature and play smarter team basketball. I thought he did that with some of the plays he made in the OTs - he passed to Lin for a shot and Parsons for a shot attempt. At the same time, Lin needs to stay aggressive and play with confidence, which he certainly did tonight. Together I think they could be devastating together and Howard will only benefit if both are playing at a high level.

As for Asik, I hope Morey realizes that it is likely best to trade him sooner, rather than later.

2. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Yeah. Do it Mchale.

3. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i just don't understand mchale. he started bev but don't trust him except sporadic defense assignment.

4. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

What a thriller! It was exciting of course because we pulled out a W on the end. Lin was scoring and Harden was facilitating, and DH12 was really big in the first half, and he was a monster on boards, as expected.

But honestly, it shouldn't have been this hard, especially facing a weak Raptors team. Once again, we went away from what got us there in the first half. It's so similar to some of the games with Yao. Remember that 2nd playoff game in the Blazers series? Yao was 7-7 in the first half, and Scola was hitting most of his shots as well, but the two of them combined a total of 3 shots in the second half, and we lost the game.

Go to your big man early, and keep going at him if he's doing some real damage.

Again, it was an exciting win, but we got to play within a system and stay with it for 48 minutes.

5. meteor0love

meteor0love Member

trade Jlin while he's value is high. :p

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

The Grizzlies...

7. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Lin = Knick & Raptor Kryptonite

8. 34to11

34to11 Member

Yet another dumb Lin fan comment.
    Lin is flourishing.
    Enjoy the ride.

9. verysimplejason

Let Howard shoot underhand FTs... Please!!!

10. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Good to see Tjones get some burn even though it was because Cisco was out. Hopefully Dmo gets a shot soon. This team needs to find energy somewhere.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

If I am McHale, Howard shoots a 100 free throws at every practice and 50 before each game.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Haren is the most interesting man you will ever meet.

13. Cloudx9

Cloudx9 Member

That is my question, had Bev not been in foul trouble would McHale have given Jeremy this opportunity. My guess is prob not.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Howard 4-of-12 on FTs tonight. Just 6th game for <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Rockets&amp;src=hash">#Rockets</a> since '63 with 33 percent or worse with 12 or more attempts. And DH's 2nd with Rox</p>&mdash; Nick Mathews (@Nick_Mathews) <a href="https://twitter.com/Nick_Mathews/statuses/400122282170802176">November 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

Good one!

16. RRockets

RRockets Member

Due to the number of PB's PFs.

17. willwmc

willwmc Member

Jeremy Lin played great this game.

I'm worried about all those plays where the shot clock was running down to 2 secs before someone shoots.

...and its usually jeremy who gets the ball at the end of the clock and has to create...thank god he did tonight.

but this last second shot clock BS has to stop; run a set play for f-sakes!

18. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Nope....

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

Bright side - we miss 20 ft and still won. Unheard of. :D

20. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

Those saying Lin is doing great as a Bench player are completely oblivious to the fact that Lin has started in more games than not this season. Seriously, the dude has been playing lights out for the last 6 games with one bad game. The chemistry is not there with this team, there is something seriously wrong. With that said they did look much better in the 2nd OT. I really hope they take care of whatever issue the team is having.