1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ballstream.com because this CSN mess sucks!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ultimate6thMan, Sep 25, 2013.

1. shorey

shorey Member

It seems ballstream is similar to what we had last year. http://reborn4hdlive.org/

It was free last year, but it is not very reliable, sometimes the stream is available, and many times, it is not available. Now requires $10 per month.

I just checked their website, it seems NBA is not available anymore, but NHL and NFL are still available.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just FYI, but if they actually did decide to go after users there's no way you could claim ignorance. They'd be able to get your information off this BBS without much effort and show your posting history.

It's still unlikely they went that far, but if they did, you couldn't just pretend you thought it was all legit.

3. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

I thought about that and have done it in the past (I used to split broadband with my best friend) but I like this package better, it's cheaper, have the option to watch all teams (but I really just want the rockets). I found LP to be choppy and didn't care for the interface when I had it ( but that was a year or two ago that I last had it I think. I just want something different and like I said I'm not super worried about them "coming after me".

And no I'm not particularly worried about the NBA seizing all of our computers getting out CF IDs and passwords, going through all of our post histories and proving that we were well aware of the illegality of this. Plus no one has been able to prove one way or another if watching ballstreams is illegal definitively.

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

The rockets should just bring back the local KNWS 51 channel during the calvin murphy broadcasting days... but this time, enable it in HD, so that would be 51.1?

And then...... life would be complete.

But on the other hand, let's hope BallStreams is legit, proven their NHL record, and they don't get shut down. Their is no way the NBA would come after us. I don't think they want to lose loyal fans like us! Haha.

5. stussysupreme

stussysupreme Member

So i just signed up for this. How long are the games archived for ? Im trying to watch the summer league games but i get a 404 error on all of them.

6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Why should I pay for something that is not legit?

7. Mr. Dominant

No one is forcing you to pay for anything man.................

[​IMG]

8. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

I don't know...but I once bought a fake Gucci wallet off a street vendor in Italy for $50, then filled it with the other $950 that I would've spent had I bought the real thing.

9. Mr. Dominant

You deserve this, my friend!!!

[​IMG]

10. RikSmits

RikSmits Member

I don't know this site.

I am however from the Netherlands and have a legal background (although not regarding IP issues). If this is a Dutch outfit, it should at least have the name of its formal legal entity visible on its website, as well as a Dutch Chamber of Commerce number.

Despite the fact that we all wear wooden shoes and like to sit in the shade of a windmill nibbling cheese and guzzling beer, we are not a backward, lawless country. :) In fact, the Dutch attitude towards soft drugs may now be viewed as advanced, but back on topic: we have IP laws, we are part of international treaties and conventions and our legal system is very accessible for international court cases.

I'm sure Ballstreams may have good reasons to operate out of the Netherlands (we have a very corporate-friendly tax climate), but it does not mean that it cannot be affected by legal action from the NBA.

One final matter, Ballstreams has a referral Program:
    link here

Nothing wrong with a referral program, of course. Also I don't know whether the people pushing the site here have other motives than just sharing with other Rockets fans and I am not judging anyone, but I thought it appropriate to point out.

2 people like this.
  11. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Thanks, but that wasn't really a true story. More of an allegory. You can have your cookie back, I don't deserve it.

12. Mr. Dominant

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

What about the guy who was posting the HD video downloads by quarter in the DISH? Is he doing that again? It was awesome quality and though it was a quarter or 2 behind live, it was better than some **** stream. Plus only $10 a month for the premium account.

If that guy's not doing it I'll have to take a shot at this ballstream. I'm not streaming any choppy video this season.

Anyone doing comcast on just one TV? What's that cost a month?

14. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I like how they charge a cheap price before the first preseason game, then an expensive price after it. You might as well give up on actually being able to try it out before you shell out cash for it.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

i like how the service is way better than NBA LP in every way, from all the device support, to the no blackouts etc. Of course it is illegal but still.

Let's also try to keep this on the down low. The less people use it, and the less likelihood the NBA tries to take action.

The NBA knows about this service, there is no doubt in my mind about it. The question is whether or not they want to do anything about it.

16. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

That article is concerning. I'm leaning against this now.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'll just try to catch the VLC HD streams....

18. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

let us know the result.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I tried to go to the website but it was down, anyone else having this problem?

20. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

I don't have account, but the front page is up.