1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Skimmed through last few posts...wtf happened to this thread?

It was already bad. Congrats, I guess.

2. Granville

Granville Member

3. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

The family rescued by George Zimmerman after a rollover crash in Florida are terrified they will become targets for hate mobs

The family rescued by George Zimmerman after a rollover crash in Florida are terrified they will become targets for hate mobs who have made death threats to the neighborhood vigilante.

Mark and Dana Michelle Gerstle told friends they do not want to talk publicly about Zimmerman for fear they will be accused of portraying him as a hero – and face a backlash from those who consider he got away with murder.

‘They are very grateful to Zimmerman for what he did, but they do not want to get involved,’ said a friend, who asked not to be named.

‘There is so much hatred directed towards him they have got to think about their own family. There are a lot of crazies out there. If they say anything in support of him it could backfire.’

The neighborhood watch volunteer, who to many is the most hated man in America after being acquitted of the murder of Trayvon Martin, helped save the family after a terrifying crash.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...escue-family-terrified-targets-hate-mobs.html

[​IMG]

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow. I thought the parents were homely until I noticed that they had to blur the faces of the children for viewer safety. :eek:

Jokes aside, I hope and assume nothing will happen to these people who just happened to have a horrible car wreck.

Also, I find whatever happened in a recent car wreck to be totally irrelevant to whatever happened without witnesses one rainy night roughly two years ago.

In fact, even two years ago, I found whatever happened in rainy Florida night without witnesses fairly irrelevant to and unworthy of national attention.

5. jbasket

jbasket Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GeixtYS-P3s?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In my opinion, the best point of view about racism out there.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the biggest thing we've learned from this thread is how little HoneyBear, and Granville understand rap.

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Where is the ignore button?

8. Granville

Granville Member

The sad thing is that there are emotional ignornant jackass TM supporters who are harassing and threatening people associated with GZ. Some of these people are commiting crimes against innocent bystanders based on their hate of George Zimmerman all in the name of screaming for civil rights hate crimes against Zimmerman.

9. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

How do I mod that onto my keyboard?!?! Half of CF would be on ignore in an instant :eek::eek:

11. Granville

Granville Member

Spoilered below is a Youtube link to a Steve Harvey comedy skit regarding Rappers

NSFW because of language

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Thank you. This is relevant because it shows that rap is not indicative of "black culture" other than a small subset of that culture, no different than any other type of music really. Black culture as with all cultures is an eclectic mix of many different things, it is not just rap music.

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

14. Granville

Granville Member

Or that Steve Harvey may like rap but he's poking fun at it because it is an easy target to attract laughter from his audience. Who knows. Through laughter he did point out some of the idiocy surrounding these types of entertainers.

There's a reason you see athlete's like for example Shaq try to rap. It requires no special gift like an incredible voice or the ability to play an instrument. No one is going to suffer through listening to Shaq try to sing Michael Jackson songs. Rap just significantly lowered the talent bar to allow more people with little talent to become a recording artist.

#9674 Granville, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

an embarrassment of a thread.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Shaq's rap career went nowhere so what does that tell you?

Jennifer Lopez and Beyonce tried to become actresses so I guess acting takes little talent!

Look if you don't understand something that's fine, it's when you start to talk about it as if you do then you make yourself look silly.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

definitely true, but it's kind of innovative in the way old Cronenberg is innovative: "I never thought of someone disgusting me in exactly that way. Wow." (golf clap).

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Anyone can rap. Look at Kobe.

Hey look at all the little instruments:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KfCo5kw3alE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#9678 sammy, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sort of like digging a grave. A guy digs and digs, forgets how long he's been doing it, then looks around and realizes no one is there, just him, and the grave is so deep that he can't get out. The dirt he tossed over his shoulder teeters on the edge in a pile, just about ready to fall in on him and bury his sorry ass. Yeah, that kind of thread. It can't die soon enough.

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

lose the thread = immediately claim it's an embarrassment.

Hilarious watching the liberals scramble and fidget when they are on the losing end of an argument...