1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

And do away with Call of Duty, as well!!

Respectfully,

Adam Lanza

2. dandorotik

Fortunately for you you're not here, or else I'd whip it out, smack you with it and subsequently knock you the f**k out.

3. Granville

Granville Member

Whatever little one

4. dandorotik

Thanks, G. Waiters!!! BTW, you sucked.

5. Granville

Granville Member

Wow, that was such a good one:rolleyes:

6. dandorotik

#9646 dandorotik, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

But he does love men like many other rapper do.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Why is James Harden kissing a 12 year old Trayvon Martin?

[​IMG]

I need ToyCen here to explain this one.

9. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Of course it's a POS. Pieces of **** are what sells in rap as long as it comes with a dope beat. That's what the hustle is about and what has become ingrained in black culture. This line is part of a consistent message of black elitism that has become all-too prevalent in the entertainment industry. It is a statement which says, “I’m better than you, and I am not one of you. Your job is to either worship me or hate on me, I don’t care which one.”

White suburbanites aren't buying Common. They're buying the crap, and the crap becomes black culture because ghetto kids can't escape it. There's always an underlying message of the lazy, thug life no matter how you try to stanky leg around it.

Soula Joy, Lil wayne and Drack sell by encouraging American kids to be stupid. Look at me, even a r****ded person can make money in this rap game. Like I said, there will always be music for the lizards. You can't teach them Picasso.

Of course I can make a respectable, grammy nominated rap song if I tried in 15 minutes. Don't be silly.

10. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

Looks more like Baron Davis. Older pics of TM look like the Game and the judge looks like Chris Farley.

11. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

Some black folks are funny. If Martin was white they wouldn't even care about this case and if Martin was white and Zimmerman black, they would be all cheering for Zimmerman's acquital... How ironic.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Glad you bought up Picasso.

Picasso likely wouldn't hate on rap, whose to say if he'd like it or not? But I bet he'd spend no time criticizing it either way.

Speaking of Picasso, he was far from being a role model...

I guess you can always have paintings for the Lizards too. Like a Piet Mondrian picture right? It seems so simple! Why can't you do that too and also be a revered artist like him?

Well you should get on that grammy award winning rap career then...I bet you could! It's not like Kanye West doesn't win the award for "Best Rap Song" nearly every year or anything...you know the same Kanye West that is also highly respected amongst other music artists, who produces some of his own beats and for others as well, plays an instrument or two etc etc. Yes, I'm sure you can be a grammy nominated artist like him!

I don't even know what the point is of this discussion? Bad rap music sells? Bad rock music sells, bad pop music sells, horrible cookie cutter movies sell (at least IMHO) You don't like rap? Fine, but for all the people that decided to make this thread into a anti-rap thread by blaming rap for violence in poor neighborhoods they still have not answered my question.

Remove rap completely and what does that solve?

Also to those that attribute rap to black culture and think that's all that black culture is about...then that's a personal problem quite frankly that you need to fix on your own.

13. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

I think Trayvon faked his death. He needed a way out of the Robitussin game.

14. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Removing rap solves alot of problems.
    -It gets rid of the insecurities blacks have towards success the right way.
    -Towards creating actual art instead of lol, dun give a ****, hyar hyar, here my rap i rap nice.
    -It encourages education as a society, instead of creating an us vs. them mentality.
    -It stops the free use of the word ***** amongst blacks, that other's can't say.
    -Gives kids positive imagery and role models. No more fantasizing about murder, guns, get rich quick, drug selling,
    -Encourages fathers to stay at home once in a while and be male role models.
    -People don't feel they have to be hateful and trigger happy living in the ghetto, they can be happy with what they have while working towards a better future
    -America has a real chance of being united.

That's off the top of my head. Rap has nothing in common with bad pop music, movies, and other facets of media. When I finish listening to a bad pop song, I'm consumed with hate, elitism, aggressive murder fantasies and ****ing ugly ho's. I just want to cut myself (a little).

Kanye is a talented rap producer, there's no doubt about that. Of course, that means remixing the work of others, but he's talented at that lesser form of art. As a rapper, I'm 5-10x him on his best day.. tho that's not saying much. The question is, why would I devote my life to ****ting in toilets when I make $$$$$ doing something I can be proud of?

Anyone. can. do. it. You want to tell yourself Art is infinite. That there is no form or structure. But what makes art, art, and concepts like Cubism appreciated amongst aficionado's who have had a taste of everything, is that it explodes within a defined form and structure. And it all falls within something called context. Context separates pure nonsense from something with true, cognitive value. It makes us understand what moves society forward, and what moves them backwards.

It isn't just lizards in Africa praising pots and kettles being mashed together at an intense pace to capitalize on feelings of anger amongst the poor. Rap enthusiasts have not experienced art outside the bubble, so in their bubble, rap is destruction of others. That's art.

While impressive to the lizards, it will take society nowhere. Not their society, nor anyone else's. What's the point of Jay, Kanye and Diddy stealing from white suburbanites if all they can give back to their own people, to the very message of rags to riches they capitalized on, is $6,000? Lol, they want more drug sellers, more hatred, and more dissidence.

You shld be ashamed of yourself for buying into it as an art.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

All of which was the case in America before Grandmaster Flash ****ed it all up. LOL. You are hilarious.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wow...where to start with this one?
    -Black people do not have insecurities towards success.
    - Rap is art. It is music therefore it is art, sorry to say.
    - Plenty of rap encourages education.
    - Who cares? What does it matter if others can't say it? It doesn't matter at all.
    - Black kids have plenty of positive role models. So just having rap around means black kids can't look up to anyone else? That makes NO sense at all...so a black kid can't look up to Barack Obama because of rap...alright then...
    - Rap has nothing to do with encouraging or discouraging fathers to stick around. I've rarely if ever heard a song about getting women pregnant and leaving the kids around. Go find me that song. Sure there are songs that champion having lots of sex but we can list songs in every genre that does that.
    - you're right about this one.
    "Aiyyo, I remember Marvin Gaye, used to sing ta me
    He had me feelin like black was tha thing to be
    And suddenly tha ghetto didn't seem so tough
    And though we had it rough, we always had enough" ~Tupac

So yeah...if anything most of the harder rap music glorifies the ghetto as some place to be, as some badge of honor to place on your chest and rep proudly.

- Lol yeah, Rap is the thing dividing America...

Well that's the kind of music you listen to, you seem very impressionable.

I was wondering if you were doing your usual trolling schtick and I'm starting to think so now...

Do I need to quote Picasso again?

“When art critics get together they talk about Form and Structure and Meaning. When artists get together they talk about where you can buy cheap turpentine.”

Basically what he's saying here since you seemed to miss it is that critics, outsiders, and people who pretend to know what they are talking about love to talk about structure, form, etc...but in his own words he never approached any of his paintings with any form. In fact he says something like it took him a lifetime to learn how to paint like a child...that means with freedom and expression.

Oh...and then there is this.

"Critics, mathematicians, scientists and busybodies want to classify everything, marking the boundaries and limits... In art, there is room for all possibilities. "

Mr.Picasso? Is Art infinite or has a form and structure that must be followed?

So one of the greatest artists of all time would disagree with you there, can't say that with certainty though as I'm not him...but most of what he's said and how he's approached his craft pretty much says so.

Music wise...I'm sure when Jimi Hendrix started to screw with his guitar he was thinking about form and structure :rolleyes:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wt3cYpFLJiM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Where is the form and structure in that?

You are going to have hard time finding any legendary artist in any medium that sticks so strictly to form and structure. Art requries creativity...(boy I hope we can agree on that...) but creativity does not require rules, structure, or anything of the like. Some artists DO follow a set of rules though, but to say that Art is about following rules and structure is against everything it's about...as there would never be any innovation with painting, music, movies, literature...it would all be the same thing from when someone said "THIS! THIS IS HOW YOU SHOULD DO IT! NO DIFFERENT!" and we'd be listening to classical music still. In fact if there was form and structure you do know that cubism would not have been around right?

Wow, you're so wrong on this as well. There are some people who just listen to one genre of music true...but most people that do really love music listen to it all and likely appreciate it all in some fashion in the very least. For a fact, the big names in rap have dabbled in many genres and tried their best to break out of their own genre.

You do know that most of these artist in the first place aren't the best of role models any ways? Most of the times they give back because their PR tells them to.

You're right though it will take society as a whole nowhere...neither will any kind of music. As with all art, it's always a flash into what's going on and not meant to move society forward or back.

Not ashamed at all, just smart enough to realize what is technically defined as music and therefore art. I mean you like form and structure so much, by definition Rap is music, music is art. Seems pretty simple to me.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

18. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This thread bout to get locked, sonns.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Nth-SCTd7Ro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. droopy421

droopy421 Member