1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sports] Rockets make Asik, Lin available in trade talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 30, 2013.

1. ERC

ERC Member

Only if he doesn't get into foul trouble...

2. kastuul

kastuul Member

The pre-season tour in Asia should be cancelled

3. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

I definitely wasn't referring to you H-Town. I didn't even read whatever post you are referring to. And I agree with every point that you made- except for LOVING Bev- I LIKE him but until he shows me he can dish out more assists and play solid defense rather than high intensity D in spurts, he doesn't get any LOVE from me. lol

I love the way the Rocket's team is shaping up and I think Lin had a solid second half of the season last year. I would love to see what they can do together.

4. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Good point.

My only fear is that after we trade Lin he embarrasses us again.

Anyway, all will be fine if we get Howard.

And honestly, the LOFs were ok since at least they were rooting for us. It's the LOHs (ABJs) that were annoying. Guess they'll have to find another forum to troll...

2 people like this.
  5. zdrav

zdrav Member

Yeah, it's not like those dumb Asians will know when they're being disrespected. :rolleyes:

Rockets should keep Lin. He was improving a lot as the season went on. He's not that expensive, and it's not as if there's an obviously better PG available right now. At times, the Harden-Lin backcourt looked unstoppable.

Rondo makes no sense because he can't shoot and needs to run the show, which is exactly the argument that some people make for getting rid of Lin. I guess to some people, a ball-dominant brick-layer is great for a Harden-centric team, so long as he's not named Jeremy Lin.

Give Lin another year to see what he can do with a more mature Rockets team. Next year, he becomes an expiring contract and will be easier to trade if it has to be done. We're not gonna get Chris Paul, and we're not going to win the championship next year. Even the Miami Heat couldn't do it in their first year together.

6. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

OK, maybe I got a bit carried away. I agree with you. I definitely LIKE him.

Maybe LOVE was wrong word...lol.

7. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Repped!

8. verysimplejason

Lin should go to Lakers or to Boston. Rondo would be a good fit.

9. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I agree with the last statement, but what does ABJ stand for?

10. zdrav

zdrav Member

I thought the Rockets needed a get-out-the-way spot-up shooter at PG. Rondo makes Lin look like Larry Bird from 3pt range.

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

If the Raptors buyout Marcus Camby, I would think he'd be a candidate for backup center if Asik is dealt.

12. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

If true that'd be nice. All the persistent and obsessive LOHs would be gotten rid of.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I wonder which nba team has the least active fan forum. Getting Lin could boost the community.

14. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Rondo id a lot of trouble. He is also a very poor 3PT shooter. Would he jell with 3 other stars?

15. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Beverly is very limited. Poor assit ability. Poor penetration ability. Poor cout vision. Look at his Euroleague stats.

16. jocar

jocar Member

lol
    [​IMG]

I'd rather keep Lin.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Orange1

Orange1 Member

No wonder Harvard has a guy named J. Lin. There is also another guy from Texas named G. Bush. ;)

18. Mr Chuck Norris

I'd rather keep Lin than rondo, it looks like Rondo runs out his teammates

19. Sanity2disChaos

So the question is...what team is a good fit for lin and if that team can even take on his salary or have anything in return.....???

20. BeardlyBeardman